Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I really don't know I agree with this view, as being a guarantee anyway.

Has Luis Suarez really had a better career for leaving Liverpool. He was sensational for Liverpool, had he stayed they could have built around him. Same goes for Torres, he went on to win the CL but did his play improve, hell no, massive regression.

Benteke, the greatest football he has played is at Villa, no?

If I look at, in my opinion, the greatest athlete in team sport history to grace the planet, Michael Jordan, he took a poor Bulls team, stuck around for 6 years and ended up building a dynasty of two, three-peats. But he waited 6 years, trusting in his own ability and work ethic.

Jack won't ever be the greatest to grace the game, but he'll be damn good. Good enough to have a team built around him at his boyhood club.

That counts for something, believe me. People spend their whole life imagining the kind of situation Jack finds himself in.

It's just such a shame that the club of his dreams is currently experiencing a bit of a nightmare.

Or he can move and triple his wages, make his family secure with a signing on fee and be in contention for the England squad.

Edited by TheAuthority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

 

Has Luis Suarez really had a better career for leaving Liverpool. He was sensational for Liverpool, had he stayed they could have built around him. Same goes for Torres, he went on to win the CL but did his play improve, hell no, massive regression.

 

 

What? In his first full season he scored 59 goals in all competitions for Barcelona. He's at least matched his best total for Liverpool in the last two seasons. He's won three league titles and the Champions League. His wife is from Barcelona. Spanish is his first language. I can't see any downsides to him moving whatsoever. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Money.  And the chance to play in the Premiership.  Leeds lost Delph, Milner, Smith, Danny Rose, Byram, Cook, Taylor, Howson, all our youth with potential over the course of our disaster. Probably a full team of premiership quality players.  I’m sure they all loved to play at Elland Road.  But as professional footballers with short careers and no certainty of ever seeing premiership stadiums or wages if they stuck with us, they all went.  Perhaps with tears in their eyes but definitely with wallets fat with signing on fees.

Don't mention the first named player too often here. We have a problem with that slithering snake about the circumstances in which he left us. Otherwise losing those players must have been hard to take we felt for you then and we're feeling sorry for ourselves just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

 

What? In his first full season he scored 59 goals in all competitions for Barcelona. He's at least matched his best total for Liverpool in the last two seasons. He's won three league titles and the Champions League. His wife is from Barcelona. Spanish is his first language. I can't see any downsides to him moving whatsoever. 

Well what I think you are all missing here is the fact that anyone moving outside the UK is insane as it would mean mixing with foreigners all day, obviously staying in Liverpool would have been better for Suarez because Liverpool is in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, and football elsewhere is gay. So you know simples, 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well what I think you are all missing here is the fact that anyone moving outside the UK is insane as it would mean mixing with foreigners all day, obviously staying in Liverpool would have been better for Suarez because Liverpool is in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, and football elsewhere is gay. So you know simples, 

But who would wanna be with all those Scousers everyday. I'm with Suarez, I would more as far away as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But who would wanna be with all those Scousers everyday. I'm with Suarez, I would more as far away as possible.

Soft lad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

Not the most flattering piece. Not someone who should have an agenda though.

Its very, very worrying.

I think the lack of clarity and muddy waters of Tony's whole existence is perhaps, the most perplexing element.

However, I thought the Football Authorities, signed him off with a clean bill of health?

Personally I would like to see a new Owner, one with substance....not to just bank roll the club, but ensure the stable footing and over see clear and transparent management.

Where can you get a man with capital and a trusted soul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I really feel like this guys a crook, if we had beat full it feels like most that money would have bee gone instantly just to clear the mess he got us in.

Its starting to look like that.....this could paradoxically be a blessing in disguise.

For what we know.....we could have been walking in to something much worse than we have now.

at least its partly in the open now.....despite our utter disappointment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its very, very worrying.

I think the lack of clarity and muddy waters of Tony's whole existence is perhaps, the most perplexing element.

However, I thought the Football Authorities, signed him off with a clean bill of health?

Personally I would like to see a new Owner, one with substance....not to just bank roll the club, but ensure the stable footing and over see clear and transparent management.

Where can you get a man with capital and a trusted soul?

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts when buying the Villa, based on some reports at the time, enough to cover the next 2 to 5 years. Clearly that's no longer the case.

I agree that the football authorities also need to take a long hard look at themselves too. 

I wonder if that was loan too?

Edited by Darth Villa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts when buying the Villa, based on some reports at the time, enough to cover the next 2 to 5 years. Clearly that's no longer the case.

I agree that the football authorities also need to take a long hard look at themselves too. 

I wonder if that was loan too?

That was my understanding too.

This needs to be investigated....the Football authorities are not blameless here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its very, very worrying.

I think the lack of clarity and muddy waters of Tony's whole existence is perhaps, the most perplexing element.

However, I thought the Football Authorities, signed him off with a clean bill of health?

Personally I would like to see a new Owner, one with substance....not to just bank roll the club, but ensure the stable footing and over see clear and transparent management.

Where can you get a man with capital and a trusted soul?

I agree but just worry about what type of owner would we be getting? Would they have the clubs best interest at heart or just come in and sell any and all assets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've completely lost all confidence in Xia. I think for the sake of our club the sooner he's gone the better. I remember Randy saying something along the lines like "there were plenty parties interested in buying the club and he sold us to the person he belived was the best for Aston Villa"

The other interested parties must have been shifty as hell.... Either that or Tony is one of the best blaggers out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Or he can move and triple his wages, make his family secure with a signing on fee and be in contention for the England squad.

It seems some of you want Jack to go more than Jack wants to go.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts

A Chinese man with an estimated worth of around a billion dollars was meant to have 3/4 of his wealth in cash, in the UK.

Let’s just take a step back and consider how likely that is in ANY scenario...regardless of what has been read. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

Not the most flattering piece. Not someone who should have an agenda though.

That doesn't make a great read for the nervous Villa fan still reeling from the shock of last week's crisis.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems some of you want Jack to go more than Jack wants to go.....

some of us are being realistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites