Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Oh, now that is good news, something I had entirely missed!

Can you point us to precisely where this has been made clear? He doesn't seem to have tweeted about it (his usual manner of communication), nor does there seem to be an official club statement, so can you let us know where this good news has been communicated publicly, openly and transparently, please?

Yes, i would be interested in seeing this also. 

53 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't really know anything about his other businesses, how he made his money or how much money he actually has so the only thing I can judge what 'calibre' of businessman he is has to be based on what he has done here. I can only therefore conclude he is a terrible businessman. He has gambled recklessly with this clubs future and went all in on us getting promotion with zero regard it seems to the consequences we would face if we didn't. Any owner is simply a temporary guardian of the club and he had a duty to take care of it and he hasn't.

I got to be honest I don't want to hear from him how heartbroken he is as that won't get us out of the mire. I also don't give two monkeys if he loses an absolute fortune and is left with no more than an over sized suit. He has risked our clubs existence and that is unforgivable.

Spot on 

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

You know that as a fact do you, have you met him, do you know how he thinks? If the answer to those questions is Yes, fair play to you, you know a lot more than I, if it's No then you know as much as those heralded journo's who just make things up!

Are you not claiming to know things though. This secured funds for 2 years, not wanting to sell players. 

9 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

what xia needs is a hedge fund running in the background fueling cash flow for Villa. I don't know why he isn't mining bit coin out in china where they have cheap leccy.

Unless of course he bought Villa to be his hedge fund for whatever else?

He could set up a new cyptocurrency get some publicity to get the value to skyrocket then flog all his coins. pump and dump is where it's at.  call it villa skrilla.

I've pumped and dumped a few times I can tell you ;)

Edited by TheEgo
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't really know anything about his other businesses, how he made his money or how much money he actually has so the only thing I can judge what 'calibre' of businessman he is has to be based on what he has done here. I can only therefore conclude he is a terrible businessman. He has gambled recklessly with this clubs future and went all in on us getting promotion with zero regard it seems to the consequences we would face if we didn't. Any owner is simply a temporary guardian of the club and he had a duty to take care of it and he hasn't.

I got to be honest I don't want to hear from him how heartbroken he is as that won't get us out of the mire. I also don't give two monkeys if he loses an absolute fortune and is left with no more than an over sized suit. He has risked our clubs existence and that is unforgivable.

Well said.

10 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I'll not post what I was going to say than. Keep having an excellent day :)

Go on. It would be unwise to cling to false hope.

Part of what caught me off guard about you was your ruthless questioning of Deisler123 and desire to grasp what was happening to such detail. Admirable, and only highlights my ignorance in the way I was unsure of the motivation behind it.

And, thanks, same to you.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Tony might scrounge up some money to retain Grealish and Chester etc., but if you were them, would you really want to stay now?

As a fan I would say Grealish would choose to play for Villa over any other club, just imagine being in his position as a fan playing for the club you love and being the main man on the pitch, hearing the crowd sing your name, the question for me is why wouldn’t he want to stay at Villa?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

can't argue Mark.....I would be interested to know what Hollis and King know about the likelyhood of all this.

I think AVST or an equivalent body, ought to be asking what loans and commitments we are being stitched with, that may come back and Haunt us....These guys just sell and leave and leave us with the legacy.

Its shocking.

11 hours ago, hippo said:

The problem I have is what is recon ? 

And where are these loans coming from - are we effectively owned or in debt to a Chinese bank  and/or paying them massive amounts of interest on massive amounts borrowed ?  - If so thats a doomsday scenario - (remember there weren't many takers @ £60m for a newly relegated club with parachute payments to come).

I feel the same, I can't be relaxed when I don't understand how we are owned and by who. And if we are run by borrowed money, borrowed from who?

I've let it be for the last years but now these worries are coming back. It's not any conspiracy crap, it's just simply that I want to understand how we are owned and I want to know what could happen in different scenarios.

For example, if something would happen to any of the companies (that do or do not own us), if they go backrupt, if new legislation means they are put out of business etc, what would that mean to us? If something would happen to Tony personally, what would happen to us? I guess it would make a huge difference if he owns us personally (or via his companies) or if it is a company that owns us where Tony is just a director or part owner. That's at least how it is in many western countries, and it would be strange if it isn't the same in China.

As has been said, merely the fact that he has managed to loan money (if that is the case) doesn't mean everything is well. That money will have to be paid back in one way or another, and I would bet you can't dodge FFP by simply borrowing money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa Stu said:

As a fan I would say Grealish would choose to play for Villa over any other club, just imagine being in his position as a fan playing for the club you love and being the main man on the pitch, hearing the crowd sing your name, the question for me is why wouldn’t he want to stay at Villa?

Because the club is teetering on the brink and hes entering his prime.

26 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

So would that make you, as a Villa fan, not want to play for Villa?

Money.  And the chance to play in the Premiership.  Leeds lost Delph, Milner, Smith, Danny Rose, Byram, Cook, Taylor, Howson, all our youth with potential over the course of our disaster. Probably a full team of premiership quality players.  I’m sure they all loved to play at Elland Road.  But as professional footballers with short careers and no certainty of ever seeing premiership stadiums or wages if they stuck with us, they all went.  Perhaps with tears in their eyes but definitely with wallets fat with signing on fees.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

If you are a professional footballer you want to have the best career possible and in order to do that you want to be playing in the highest league. Should not be held back by a club just because you support them. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Sentimentality gets you nowhere. If I was fortunate enough to be a professional footballer, I wouldn't hesitate to leave Villa if I felt it would benefit my career being elsewhere. 

I really don't know I agree with this view, as being a guarantee anyway.

Has Luis Suarez really had a better career for leaving Liverpool. He was sensational for Liverpool, had he stayed they could have built around him. Same goes for Torres, he went on to win the CL but did his play improve, hell no, massive regression.

Benteke, the greatest football he has played is at Villa, no?

If I look at, in my opinion, the greatest athlete in team sport history to grace the planet, Michael Jordan, he took a poor Bulls team, stuck around for 6 years and ended up building a dynasty of two, three-peats. But he waited 6 years, trusting in his own ability and work ethic.

Jack won't ever be the greatest to grace the game, but he'll be damn good. Good enough to have a team built around him at his boyhood club.

That counts for something, believe me. People spend their whole life imagining the kind of situation Jack finds himself in.

It's just such a shame that the club of his dreams is currently experiencing a bit of a nightmare.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I really don't know I agree with this view, as being a guarantee anyway.

Has Luis Suarez really had a better career for leaving Liverpool. He was sensational for Liverpool, had he stayed they could have built around him. Same goes for Torres, he went on to win the CL but did his play improve, hell no, massive regression.

Benteke, the greatest football he has played is at Villa, no?

If I look at, in my opinion, the greatest athlete in team sport history to grace the planet, Michael Jordan, he took a poor Bulls team, stuck around for 6 years and ended up building a dynasty of two, three-peats. But he waited 6 years, trusting in his own ability and work ethic.

Jack won't ever be the greatest to grace the game, but he'll be damn good. Good enough to have a team built around him at his boyhood club.

That counts for something, believe me. People spend their whole life imagining the kind of situation Jack finds himself in.

It's just such a shame that the club of his dreams is currently experiencing a bit of a nightmare.

Or he can move and triple his wages, make his family secure with a signing on fee and be in contention for the England squad.

Edited by TheAuthority

Â