Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, omariqy said:

Secured funds how though? More debt on Villa? That is what I am worried about.

Look like a long term loan, yes, but most clubs run like that. He is a very capable businessman so I would imagine it is structured to iron out our problem. However this is all supposition,we really have no idea do we?

i have no idea how all this lot has come about in terms of detail....but the key thing is look forward, not back.

I think Dr T Is made of sterner stuff than to let this beat him.

Edited by TRO

Theres only thing worse than Dr T securing our future with a £50m loan.

Dr T not securing our future with a £50m loan.

I accept its not ideal - but a loan gives us breathing space to get our house in order - Its better than have sell someone or something every month to pay the wages or the tax man.

Personally I think Xia does have that loan in place - at what cost I shudder to think. All he has to do is find a decent CEO and potentially a new manager - both of which I think are potentially beyond his abilities

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't really know anything about his other businesses, how he made his money or how much money he actually has so the only thing I can judge what 'calibre' of businessman he is has to be based on what he has done here. I can only therefore conclude he is a terrible businessman. He has gambled recklessly with this clubs future and went all in on us getting promotion with zero regard it seems to the consequences we would face if we didn't. Any owner is simply a temporary guardian of the club and he had a duty to take care of it and he hasn't.

I got to be honest I don't want to hear from him how heartbroken he is as that won't get us out of the mire. I also don't give two monkeys if he loses an absolute fortune and is left with no more than an over sized suit. He has risked this very clubs existence and that is unforgivable.

Completely agree mate. IMO he needs to go, if he doesn't I can only see this situation getting worse.

6 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Completely agree mate. IMO he needs to go, if he doesn't I can only see this situation getting worse.

I want him gone too ......the only problem is that people who buy ailing clubs with massive debts often don't come with best of intentions.

23 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't really know anything about his other businesses, how he made his money or how much money he actually has so the only thing I can judge what 'calibre' of businessman he is has to be based on what he has done here. I can only therefore conclude he is a terrible businessman. He has gambled recklessly with this clubs future and went all in on us getting promotion with zero regard it seems to the consequences we would face if we didn't. Any owner is simply a temporary guardian of the club and he had a duty to take care of it and he hasn't.

I got to be honest I don't want to hear from him how heartbroken he is as that won't get us out of the mire. I also don't give two monkeys if he loses an absolute fortune and is left with no more than an over sized suit. He has risked our clubs existence and that is unforgivable.

Have to agree with this. Its a fine line between success and failure but you also have to think about what you have to lose as well as win. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

we seem to have ended up with a battle between the CEO and owner

I get the feeling this was what it was all about, each trashing the other's reputation in the aftermath of a fall out - had that not happened I daresay we'd be entirely none the wiser currently.

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Sorry but the theme park idea is on the Recon web site. (Still and in English) 

As is the millennium films purchase announcement (which never happened)

Its all front. 

According to @Deisler123 the Recon website isn't being used now (or the model has changed, forget the exact words) our parent company is ultimately Teamax....

But yes I saw and read all that and in fact nothing there since start of Feb as news. 

what xia needs is a hedge fund running in the background fueling cash flow for Villa. I don't know why he isn't mining bit coin out in china where they have cheap leccy.

Unless of course he bought Villa to be his hedge fund for whatever else?

He could set up a new cyptocurrency get some publicity to get the value to skyrocket then flog all his coins. pump and dump is where it's at.  call it villa skrilla.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick said:

Lerner fly over? No **** chance, the bloke hid away whilst the club crumbled, he was a disgrace of a man.

We didn't crumble to this extent and he footed all the debt out of his own cash. Useless he was, a disgrace of a man, I'd disagree. In contrast Xia isn't using his own cash to take out loans like Lerner did. No comparison for me. Both useless. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Lerner fan. He cut the spending, but still paid all the wages and lost of 250m on us. Xia wouldn't even consider taking  that risk.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

This post has made my day, which I'm surprised about to be honest as it's not been a bad one otherwise.

The fact you are saying you have it on good word that Grealish's future may be in his own hands instead of forced by the clubs plight gives me hope for Xia yet.

Excellent, excellent news. I don't need to explain to anyone the significance of retaining talent like Jack's.

I'll not post what I was going to say than. Keep having an excellent day :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Secured funds how though? More debt on Villa? That is what I am worried about.

He hasn't even 100% secured them either yet and as Omar said its all debt and not his debt. The club will be straddled with it as he won't want to sell for a loss. We need min 75m to get through this season all things considered. So yes we will sell, we have some incoming loan (maybe) but no way does that secure the next two years. 

I'll take a tenner bet that he will be gone by the end of the year at the very latest. Proceeds to Acorns 

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

what xia needs is a hedge fund running in the background fueling cash flow for Villa. I don't know why he isn't mining bit coin out in china where they have cheap leccy.

Unless of course he bought Villa to be his hedge fund for whatever else?

He could set up a new cyptocurrency get some publicity to get the value to skyrocket then flog all his coins. pump and dump is where it's at.  call it villa skrilla.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Â