Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I've bleated on elsewhere but we stand to get best part of £4mill for Gollini - this should give everybody hope because it means we stand to claw back some of that previous massive outlay - even 50% of it and we are sailing. Tony obvs needs cash flow but he can steady the ship and make us competitive.

http://m.companies.caixin.com/m/2018-06-07/101265565.html 

Article about Xia and Villa in the Chinese press (apparently the only article. Word is Xia or his businesses aren't big enough for it to warrant much coverage. 

It's partly pay walled though so if anyone can get past that or has access @Deisler123? Would love to read it all. However I doubt it adds anything new. Just the Chinese angle and I'm sick of reading the up press view. 

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

http://m.companies.caixin.com/m/2018-06-07/101265565.html 

Article about Xia and Villa in the Chinese press (apparently the only article. Word is Xia or his businesses aren't big enough for it to warrant much coverage. 

It's partly pay walled though so if anyone can get past that or has access @Deisler123? Would love to read it all. However I doubt it adds anything new. Just the Chinese angle and I'm sick of reading the up press view. 

There has been very little coverage of what has happened to AVFC in the last 3 days in Chinese media. In general, Aston Villa and Tony Xia are not very news-worthy in China because very few people are interested in Championships football (or generally speaking non-top-6 Premier League clubs).

The article from that link is not worth to read because it is just a collection of information that everyone already knows.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Absolutely this....it’s putting a plaster over a gaping wound.

For me, the bottom line is he needs to sell up to someone who can give us the stability we need to move forward. I guess the big question is will he and is there anyone out there to take it on?

For those saying that the £50m loan is delaying the inevitable, I don't know what you're expecting a new owner to do. We are incurring losses because our spending outweighs our income. This ongoing debt will get smaller as we sell off some players, which is obviously going to happen this summer, whether under Xia's ownership or someone elses.

A new owner cannot just pump money into the club out of his own pocket without it still counting as a 'loss', and if he did, it would be no different to what Xia is & has been doing for the last two seasons. (The whole 'a new owner can spend what he wants for the first season' thing is not true. IIRC, that's under UEFA not EFL).

Our promotion push was a roll of the dice. It didn't pay off, and now we need to sell players and reduce the wage bill to balance the books. That's basically the situation we're in now, no matter who owns us, and no matter which vehicle they use to bring funds into the club to cover the losses. (In Tony's case, it's that Ford Mondeo).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

There has been very little coverage of what has happened to AVFC in the last 3 days in Chinese media. In general, Aston Villa and Tony Xia are not very news-worthy in China because very few people are interested in Championships football (or generally speaking non-top-6 Premier League clubs).

The article from that link is not worth to read because it is just a collection of information that everyone already knows.

Yep, whilst super important to us, it's just not a big deal at all in China and in the overall scheme of things in a business sense, maybe not to Xia. As we know so little, it increases the panic and worry. Where as he knows his assets etc. We just need to wait now and see what the company filings to the Companies house (Gov) where. Should he available Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Unless of course villa come out and update us 

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

For those saying that the £50m loan is delaying the inevitable, I don't know what you're expecting a new owner to do. We are incurring losses because our spending outweighs our income. This ongoing debt will get smaller as we sell off some players, which is obviously going to happen this summer, whether under Xia's ownership or someone elses.

A new owner cannot just pump money into the club out of his own pocket without it still counting as a 'loss', and if he did, it would be no different to what Xia is & has been doing for the last two seasons. (The whole 'a new owner can spend what he wants for the first season' thing is not true. IIRC, that's under UEFA not EFL).

Our promotion push was a roll of the dice. It didn't pay off, and now we need to sell players and reduce the wage bill to balance the books. That's basically the situation we're in now, no matter who owns us, and no matter which vehicle they use to bring funds into the club to cover the losses. (In Tony's case, it's that Ford Mondeo).

My main concern is that it got to this stage with seemingly very little foresight by the club/owner. If Xia can turn this around and rebuild the trust there is no reason why he can't continue. If not he's a dead man walking. 

Plus it is still early days (our road to recovery) we have to see if the HMRC does get paid today (in sure they will) and what plans Xia has in place (as mentioned in my last post. We've had the Storm, now its the quiet where we see what the true damage is (or not) make no mistake though this was a really big deal and mess and still not out the woods despite assurances from the club and we are right to remain sceptical and hold the club to account. No more just accepting everything they say. 

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Exactly how I see it.  No matter who the owner is, not getting promoted within two years would likely to have us in this kind of mess.  Perhaps someone else would have given the managers less to spend, but it's easier in hindsight to say that kind of thing because I still feel it was our best chance of getting promoted, but this is sport and not everything goes to plan.  At least he has clearly been working hard to sort something out.

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I understand what you are saying and I think we are all aware that we are in the mire and there is no magic wand to wave and hey presto everything is rosy.

I would like a new owner with integrity and not a charlatan who promises us to be in the top 6 of the Prem, in the Champions League, 3 teams (1 to get out of the Championship, 1 to stay in the Prem and 1 to challenge in the Prem), a redevelopment of VP, a theme park etc etc.

I would like stability and a proper plan.

I, and i'm sure i'm not alone, have lost complete faith in Xia for what he has done and indeed not done.

Its a little like my wife f****g my pal, it hurts and now its time for the divorce.

Edited by imavillan

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

At least he has clearly been working hard to sort something out.

This is why I support the guy - came in, over did it on twitter but the aim was to shock us out of a certain mindset which i think only an outsider could do -  threw it all at fast promotion then came down to earth with a bump at Wembley. Tony chose Villa partly because he liked what the fans did against NUFC when all was lost. He may be a football novice but he's got a fan's DNA and if this money  comes through, then he's also not a quitter and works hard - and he has faced huge pressure. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Agree with much of this. We really do need to see a plan ‘b’ and fairly quickly. The longer we stumble on without a clear direction, the greater credibility attaches to the Wyness account of things (as briefed to nearly every national newspaper).

Kind of, yeah. The difficulty I have with Wyness is that he is (was) the "expert" football administrator and CEO. His duty ws to guide and advise and inform the non-football owner of the right things to do and so on. So regardless of whether Wyness was acting selfishly in this latest thing, to wangle himself a job with a new owner, or whether he was acting in good faith trying to address pressing problems, I personally consider that the CEO of a football club that has got itself into a situation where it is unable to pay the bills, is laying people off and is at risk of Administration has failed in his role. 

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This is right, too. The reduction of outgoings has to happen - the wage bill is completely unsustainable. That's the thing that needs to be changed. Selling players (or any assets) to survive is the road to ruin, a spiral that you really really don't want to get into.

The important thing isn't looking for ever richer owners to take over the mess left by the previous bloke, the important thing is to run the club properly, so that it can be the best it can be. It has not been run properly for a very, very long time.  The latest catastropork ought to act as the signal to mend our ways.

We cannot be dependent on the whims of a foreign nation's currency policy, naive gamblers, self serving administrators and charlatans.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

“We won the league, we won the cup, and Ronnie Bendall **** it up”!!!

:lol:

I'd hardly say Bendall was our worst chairman ever though which is why that comment confused me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

I understand what you are saying and I think we are all aware that we are in the mire and there is no magic wand to wave and hey presto everything is rosy.

I would like a new owner with integrity and not a charlatan who promises us to be in the top 6 of the Prem, in the Champions League, 3 teams (1 to get out of the Championship, 1 to stay in the Prem and 1 to challenge in the Prem), a redevelopment of VP, a theme park etc etc.

I would like stability and a proper plan.

I, and i'm sure i'm not alone, have lost complete faith in Xia for what he has done and indeed not done.

Its a little like my wife f****g my pal, it hurts and now its time for the divorce.

There are so many things to take into consideration when looking at an owner, that it's extremely difficult to get it across in one post.

Firstly, no-one thinks things are going to be rosy because of yesterday's club statement. But equally, the club needed to come out and say something positive, because otherwise other clubs will come and offer peanuts for our players. On the same subject, when listening to what the club officially says, they know that other clubs are listening, so may paint a slightly different picture than the 100% truth. Which, of course, leads to fans calling the owner a liar or a fraud.

Regarding his claims of making us a Champions League club. I think his enthusiasm got the better of him, which is foolish at worst. The 'Theme Park', I felt, was a language issue. I think it was more along the lines of wanting our land around Villa Park to house a Museum where out Cups would be displayed, and probably some other shops, restaurants etc.

I also don't recall him 'promising' all these things. It was more of an aim or a hope than a promise.

The problem I have is what is recon ? 

And where are these loans coming from - are we effectively owned or in debt to a Chinese bank  and/or paying them massive amounts of interest on massive amounts borrowed ?  - If so thats a doomsday scenario - (remember there weren't many takers @ £60m for a newly relegated club with parachute payments to come).

I scoffed at Collymores fan buy out option a couple of days back - but if the the above is true, unfeasible as it is that might be the only route back  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

And where are these loans coming from - are we effectively owned or in debt to a Chinese bank  and/or paying them massive amounts of interest on massive amounts borrowed ? 

From what I can see any loans are to keep the club afloat and won't be paid back. It's like the loan's Lerner gave us, he had to write them off in the end. 

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There are so many things to take into consideration when looking at an owner, that it's extremely difficult to get it across in one post.

Firstly, no-one thinks things are going to be rosy because of yesterday's club statement. But equally, the club needed to come out and say something positive, because otherwise other clubs will come and offer peanuts for our players. On the same subject, when listening to what the club officially says, they know that other clubs are listening, so may paint a slightly different picture than the 100% truth. Which, of course, leads to fans calling the owner a liar or a fraud.

Regarding his claims of making us a Champions League club. I think his enthusiasm got the better of him, which is foolish at worst. The 'Theme Park', I felt, was a language issue. I think it was more along the lines of wanting our land around Villa Park to house a Museum where out Cups would be displayed, and probably some other shops, restaurants etc.

I also don't recall him 'promising' all these things. It was more of an aim or a hope than a promise.

Sorry but the theme park idea is on the Recon web site. (Still and in English) 

As is the millennium films purchase announcement (which never happened)

Its all front. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I'd hardly say Bendall was our worst chairman ever though which is why that comment confused me

Probably not for this thread. I wasn’t necessarily agreeing with TRO, assuming he was referring to Bendall, just remembering the chant.

He did manage to force Saunders out just before the European cup quarter finals (IIRC) so I suppose that elevates him up the rankings. On the other hand he did appoint Tony Barton who successfully steered us to the final.

Maybe TRO had some othrer issue/s in mind when he called him out as the worst? We need an explanation. FWIW, I would have thought whoever was in charge in 1967-8 has to count as possibly the worst we ever had. Can’t remember who it was though!

Â