Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

He could’ve panicked and pulled the trigger on the manager (as is the case all too often these days), but didn’t and deserves credit.

Yes indeed. He proved with DiMatteo that he can be ruthless but he's also proved with Bruce that he can hold his nerve when the going gets tough (I personally lost my faith with Bruce as these pages will attest) 

Both of those decisions from Tony got us to where we are now. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why no tweet?

He's not getting carried away - I like that a lot. Showing some class and not celebrating like its a cup final, unlike a certain owner who couldn't resist saying his club would finish above villa. :D

• Like 2

There's a WBA forum I have taken to peering into for a few quick laughs in light of their implosion (and I have mates who have stopped texting me about football lately despite obsessively keeping me updated with our own implosion 2 years ago) and it seems one enthusiastic Tesco Bag has ascertained the Recon Group Accounts.

Obviously they look terrible. The irony that they are in the same predicament  next season (and have similarly obfuscated accounts with their own Chinese owners) isn't lost on all of the people in the thread mind but this might be useful reading for some - here, by "Kit Kat chunky"

....This is my take on them, and others may take a differing view.

Turnover dropped to £71.9M (2016 £105.8M) as the reduced Premiership monies impacted.

Wages £61.4M (2016 £93M).

Annual Losses  reduced to £14.5M (2016 £81.2M)

Intangible assets increased by a whopping £57.6M to £79.4M (2016 £29.6M).

Creditors due to be paid within 1 year increased to £113.7M (2016 £95.3M). This makes them totally insolvent when the debt they have to pay is 1.5 times their annual income - and income falls off a cliff this year after the parachute dries up.

Creditors due after 1 year £22.6M (2016 £12.998M).

Shortfall in cashflow £16M.

Increase in borrowings (from Chinese holding company) £49M.

There's a bit more on the link - various baggies talking about the situation.

Edited by blandy
quote added

8 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

See Wanda group sold their share in Athletico Madrid this morning.  Hoping this isnt the start of Chinese companies dis-investing and is just isolated to Wanda.

I hope they aint thinking about buying an English club to add yet another competitor.

However, it does seem the Chinese government has made owning overseas clubs almost pointless for them at this point due to restrictions.

"Creditors due to be paid within 1 year increased to £113.7M (2016 £95.3M). This makes them totally insolvent when the debt they have to pay is 1.5 times their annual income - and income falls off a cliff this year after the parachute dries up."

I did not have to read much more than this to know our stripey pal has no background in business at all. What an idiot.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

11 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

See Wanda group sold their share in Athletico Madrid this morning.  Hoping this isnt the start of Chinese companies dis-investing and is just isolated to Wanda.

It is not that bad as Wanda has been selling their assets like crazy in the last 12 months, including domestic and overseas. They sold a lot of cinemas and shopping centers in China. Athletico Madrid is a tiny bit of his money.

Rumour said Jianlin Wang got trouble with govn due to some sensitive reasons. Even his son takes much lower profile now. 

Dont think this is a sign related to Villa. The restrictions have been there for a couple of years already.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â