Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

think Tony Xia deserves a bit of credit for not pulling the trigger on Bruce too early and for allowing Bruce to bring in Agnew. Could be the masterstroke for our promotion push. If we do go up.. i think this decision will prove to be why. I hope. 

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So any further ideas what this last tweet meant?

Birmingham Mail did a thing today saying it’s likely the imminent signing of the 24th player the doc has signed. That makes sense I suppose.

• Like 1

Intersting article in the post today for the regions wealthiest people

https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/birmingham-post-rich-list-2018-14168322

Dr Xia comes in at 7th place, Wolves owner tops the list and WBAs owner in 3rd.

Obviously having more money doesn't mean you spend more on the club, but at least it confirms Tone is a billionaire.

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Obviously having more money doesn't mean you spend more on the club, but at least it confirms Tone is a billionaire.

His net worth and the money he can spend appear to different as he conducts all his business via Recon. 

I recall reading years back that he sold a company, it may have been Teamax and put all that money into a UK bank account for Villa and other British based investments. 

Recon Group seems to be more like a portfolio of very expensive assets that he sells when he feels they are at their most valuable. So his net worth is $1 billion+, but we have no idea how much he has tied up in Recon.

Either way we have a rich owner that could well be even richer if we add in the fact Recon Group does almost all the buying and he owns Recon Group. 

• Like 1

Â