Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Hi Tony (hopefull of the remote possibility the he, or someone close to him reads this thread)

We wont get promoted playing this type of football which will not change whilst Bruce is in charge. Maybe the coaching staff too. Possibly Wyness and Round if they are all in support of Bruce and his methods.

Therefore

Bruce has to be replaced ASAP.

Those who are also of his mould and incapable of bringing a positive approach to the team, training and recruitment in, must also be released.

It may already be too late this season, maybe not. At the worst, we would have a headstart in preparing for next season.

• Like 2

No, but we will perhaps get some cryptic message with a few emoji's telling us all to dig deep and stand together etc..

I feel he is leaving the whole thing down to Wyness and Round worryingly, in a hope that when he pops his head back in the door we will have won 10 on the bounce and 4 games off promotion.. - Like a child on a long car journey.. 'are we there yet'..  'are we there yet'.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Hi Tony (hopefull of the remote possibility the he, or someone close to him reads this thread)

We wont get promoted playing this type of football which will not change whilst Bruce is in charge. Maybe the coaching staff too. Possibly Wyness and Round if they are all in support of Bruce and his methods.

Therefore

Bruce has to be replaced ASAP.

Those who are also of his mould and incapable of bringing a positive approach to the team, training and recruitment in, must also be released.

It may already be too late this season, maybe not. At the worst, we would have a headstart in preparing for next season.

We have injuries,

Glen gifted them a goal,

and the cow jumped over the moon.

Don't listen to him Tony, Villa fans are just fickle.

Although we are the most expensive squad in the league.

We realise that shite football with the hope of playoffs is the best we should expect, and happily so.

I mean, do you realise how bad we used to be?

The clubs who have done it with much less resources have not been through what we have ffs.

We have BRUCE ffs, he is like the Rocky of the Championship.

Apollo Creed dies in the end, and he wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Any 4 of about 10 sides could qualify for the play offs....and 1 of those 4 succeed.

Thats a mightily expensive Lottery ticket you’ve bought Tony.

How many would you fancy us to beat?

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many would you fancy us to beat?

I honestly think any of them would relish a go at us in a Play Off...... there are none I would actually feel particularly confident of beating.

But I think more relevant is how Tony feels at having invested so much to acheive no more than taking part in a Lottery..... at best.

no idea how he can turn this ship around..its not sinking but its not on course .

with players like gabby & richards doing nothing for the team he must feel so &*&^&&^ like us fans.

one problem at villa is hutton is still one of our best performers.to many average players.

wolves are making the bruce set up look like a pound land out fit

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Decided to stick with bruce so no sympathy if it doesn't work out. 

Last season showed him enough, him and wyness decided to ignore it. That is on them.

I’d agree, but with the caveat that Wyness is probably the main reason Bruce is still here. However Tony is ultimately responsible.  

I’d hope that he is reviewing more than just the manager’s job. Old fashioned CEO employs old fashioned manager. We need young men with forward thinking and progressive ideas to run the club. Tony is a young man, he should get it. 

Sticking with Bruce this term was a group decision - no way Tony was going to def off every senior person at the club who were all backing Bruce. If we don't go up then Tony is two years wiser in this game and can feel emboldened to go find the next Wagner etc, and he is just as enthusiastic about the young players - could be an inexperienced squad this time next year but we may finally get the football we all crave. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Sticking with Bruce this term was a group decision - no way Tony was going to def off every senior person at the club who were all backing Bruce. If we don't go up then Tony is two years wiser in this game and can feel emboldened to go find the next Wagner etc, and he is just as enthusiastic about the young players - could be an inexperienced squad this time next year but we may finally get the football we all crave. 

I hope you're right.  I wouldn't be suprised if he lost interest and put the club up for sale. 

I don't think SB will be manager regardless next season.

We've all seen the limitations to his style even now after a year in charge so would be a waste of time him managing us in the premier league if we have any ambitions to have a go in it.

And he will obviously not get another chance if we don't go up this season.

Next season would be difficult. Our better players like Chester, Kodjia etc would want to go and all our 30 + year olds would all struggle another year in the championship.

Add in a reduction of the parachutes and it will be a struggle I think.

More I think about that would probably be the time to appoint someone like Dean Smith. Trouble is expectation from the fanbase would be still to challenge for promotion regardless of our squad makeup so how would things go if a Dean Smith went 5/6 games without a win as he does in his managerial career so far?

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think SB will be manager regardless next season.

We've all seen the limitations to his style even now after a year in charge so would be a waste of time him managing us in the premier league if we have any ambitions to have a go in it.

And he will obviously not get another chance if we don't go up this season.

Next season would be difficult. Our better players like Chester, Kodjia etc would want to go and all our 30 + year olds would all struggle another year in the championship.

Add in a reduction of the parachutes and it will be a struggle I think.

More I think about that would probably be the time to appoint someone like Dean Smith. Trouble is expectation from the fanbase would be still to challenge for promotion regardless of our squad makeup so how would things go if a Dean Smith went 5/6 games without a win as he does in his managerial career so far?

Expectations will change and with it the pressure. I think a lot fans will no longer expect promotion after this year. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Expectations will change and with it the pressure. I think a lot fans will no longer expect promotion after this year. 

I think alot of them will just give up after this year.

The whole thing is turning into Lerner, Faulkner/Fox MK II.

Owner leaves people to run the club who are outdated and have not got a clue..

2 managers in under the new regime and we still look utter shit and that **** all has changed anywhere and no lessons have obviously been learned.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think alot of them will just give up after this year.

The whole thing is turning into Lerner, Faulkner/Fox MK II.

Owner leaves people to run the club who are outdated and have not got a clue..

2 managers in under the new regime and we still look utter shit and that **** all has changed anywhere and no lessons have obviously been learned.

Fans that would give up have already done so in my opinion. The rest of us are stuck with this shit now. 

Â