Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

He came in not knowing how difficult this would be. 

He is still a good chairman and I am proud that he owns this football club because he has a lot of desire for this club and he is a genuinely nice guy.

The problems stem from him being wrongly advised from the moment he stepped into this football club.  I believe now he has taken the time to learn more about the game by mixing it with different managers, agents, coaches across the world. I do not think that he will make the same mistakes again.

As i said in the Round thread, if we do not get promoted I would not be surprised if he overhauls our management.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's not just been poorly advised he's also made bad choices and decisions Buck ultimately stops with him.. Maybe he is out of his depth. Time will tell. 

Lerner started out alright and look how that turned out. Not convinced. 

41 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He's not just been poorly advised he's also made bad choices and decisions Buck ultimately stops with him.. Maybe he is out of his depth. Time will tell. 

Lerner started out alright and look how that turned out. Not convinced. 

Xia is beginning to look like Lerner MK2. He came in full of promises and enthusiasm and threw lots of cash at useless managers. Is a pattern emerging?

• Sad 1

Disappointing. When you look at Wolves it's quite annoying to see how we've approached trying to go up. 

The money we've wasted and the time we've wasted on this manager are awful, not looking like much of a good owner at the moment. 

• Like 3

What our Tony needs to be doing is contacting that super agent and if he's not prepared or able to work with Villa then contact the next best agent who came second to him. Football lost its soul along time ago if we want to compete we've got to buy the best possible management teams in and thus far Dr T has failed quite dramatically at that.

I don't go with the argument Villa were in such a dire state it's impossible to turn ot round any quicker. I think Wyness and Bruce would like us to think that but Wolves prove it is not the case if the right people are put in place. They didn't need multiple transfer windows and time to "change the mentality". For the money Tony is spending and has spent he deserve far better but only he can make that happen and needs to identify that asap.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

What our Tony needs to be doing is contacting that super agent and if he's not prepared or able to work with Villa then contact the next best agent who came second to him. Football lost its soul along time ago if we want to compete we've got to buy the best possible management teams in and thus far Dr T has failed quite dramatically at that.

I don't go with the argument Villa were in such a dire state it's impossible to turn ot round any quicker. I think Wyness and Bruce would like us to think that but Wolves prove it is not the case if the right people are put in place. They didn't need multiple transfer windows and time to "change the mentality". For the money Tony is spending and has spent he deserve far better but only he can make that happen and needs to identify that asap.

We have already spent the money now - no point contacting a super agent when we have nothing to left spend 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We have already spent the money now - no point contacting a super agent when we have nothing to left spend 

But if we are planning to build 3 different teams on our assent to premier league domination then there must be more money. Like another poster said, spend money now getting sustainable quality football/coaching in place rather than essentially just keep buying new teams for each stage 

Edited by honest_bertie

22 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Win 4 matches on the bounce, and not a word mentioned. Lose the next game and Xia is the devil incarnate. Fellow Villa fans you never fail to amuse me. 

Some real absurd comments on here. 

Beat Fulham and back to silence we shall go.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Win 4 matches on the bounce, and not a word mentioned. Lose the next game and Xia is the devil incarnate. Fellow Villa fans you never fail to amuse me. 

I'm really surprised at the negativity toward Xia, he has been nothing but a great chairman. He appointed a bad manager in Di Matteo, but which chairmen have never made a dodgy one?

8 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I'm really surprised at the negativity toward Xia, he has been nothing but a great chairman. He appointed a bad manager in Di Matteo, but which chairmen have never made a dodgy one?

He's also sticking with an underperforming manager 

A great chairman isn't someone who consistently makes the wrong decision. At the moment he's made more wrong ones than right. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's also sticking with an underperforming manager 

A great chairman isn't someone who consistently makes the wrong decision. At the moment he's made more wrong ones than right. 

I agree he's sticking with an underperforming manager, albeit one that has us 5 points from automatic promotion. But he has shown that he will give the boot when it is necessary.

If we win the next game we will be in the playoffs, and we don't want a Blues/Rowett situation from last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honest_bertie said:

But if we are planning to build 3 different teams on our assent to premier league domination then there must be more money. Like another poster said, spend money now getting sustainable quality football/coaching in place rather than essentially just keep buying new teams for each stage 

There is money but we cannot spend it due to ffp regulations - if promoted then it’s a whole new ball game and we can spend it.

Tony would have looked at last nights Wolves team and thought shit this is supposed to be us. I still think he will completely lose interest in the next few years.  It can't be fun seeing the club he expected to challenge for top 4 in 5 years team completely outplayed by their smaller local rivals. If he hadn't had a reality check already. He has now. 

• Like 2

Â