Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I would suggest the whole League cup is a financial loss for the club anyway. I would think we are best off without it. The Saturday league fixtures attendances are a concern though, and I suspect Tony et al with have noted this.

What pisses me off..

Why not just play the U21's then from game one of the cup if we don't take it seriously?

Why not just get knocked out then rather trudge a few rounds in then collapse?

I don't feel the cup is a financial loss on any fete. It is a way into Europe to begin with, and you never know what might happen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

100%. First time in 10 years what i've missed a home game. Just didn't have the feeling for it tbh. I feel that with every season that has past, i care less and less about the club/results. I really can't see myself getting another season ticket next season. All the fun has been sucked out of it.

Over the last 10 years this club has been on a decline with each season getting worse than the last one.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What pisses me off..

Why not just play the U21's then from game one of the cup if we don't take it seriously?

I don't feel the cup is a financial loss on any fete. It is a way into Europe to begin with, and you never know what might happen.

In fairness we made 10 changes last round too -the players given a chance to impress have failed to take their chance 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What pisses me off..

In fairness, as Eastie said, is this not what we did essentially. We rested the 'Saturday 11' in the previous round.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sit well with me either setting a side up to likely lose. It's unfortunately a case of hate the game, not the player. I say we are best off without it in the sense of the league being everything for us this season.

25 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

In fairness, as Eastie said, is this not what we did essentially. We rested the 'Saturday 11' in the previous round.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sit well with me either setting a side up to likely lose. It's unfortunately a case of hate the game, not the player. I say we are best off without it in the sense of the league being everything for us this season.

True, but even that looks f****d now too at this moment in time.  :mellow:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Rafa will soon sort that ;)

He would have done mate without a doubt.

But I accept that I cannot see him leaving now he has Newcastle up to 4th....looks like it could be Allerdyce or Moyes.. or just stuck with this muppet we have for even longer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tony has been given a £4k fine by the FA for his comments after the Bolton game.  As usual the press are getting it horribly wrong saying that he was furious about Taylor's sending off.  To my mind the Dr was just pissed off at one of the worst refereeing displays in the history of sport rather than the specific decision, but at the end of the day who gives a stuff what the press say.

I imagine it won't hurt his wallet too much.

He can tweet one of his famous emoji lines when this ref comes again.....it will most likely cost the FA £4000 to get it deciphered.

now I know what the FA stands for :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He isn't the messiah is he....not impressed but oh well he isn't  Lerner & he tweets cryptic shit on twitter which seems to be enough for some people. His actions to date are questionable. Needs to step up and turn this shit around before it's too late. Wyness then Bruce to go will be a start. 

Edited by thabucks
Spelling
  • Like 2

Â