Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sticking with Bruce is his decision and if that leads to not getting promoted then we could be in real trouble long term. His decision to give bruce more time is the reason we are where we are. 

I don't really care how much money he has spent, any idiot with money can spend it. His decisions are more important than signing cheques and this key one could have a massive effect on the club. 

From this point forward I agree, mostly. But I really don't think he has had much choice but to give Bruce the chance to this point. I don't think it will make any difference if Bruce goes now or at the end of the month, I think he will get a couple more games.

5 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

None at the moment, no. I remember ACTUALLY enjoying Lerner's first eighteen months or so of owning the club. The ownership under this bloke has been a **** joke so far. We are 18th in the Championship! 18th. That's after finishing 13th last season. Shambolic. 

I really like xia but it's hard to disagree. 12 months on we've spent an absolute fortune to be probably worse. 

I can't think of anything positive to say about Tony other than the fact he's spent money, and that's by no means a clear positive.

Appointments, season tickets, Away Scheme, Running water ( yes !!) , debatable communication style, lack of presence, merchandising supply issues - they are all negatives ( some not very much so I would accept) ..... and I don't see ( of course it may be happening) any indication of modernisation, of significant sponsorship, of development of infrastructure etc.

Of course it's early days , and our league position  doesn't help ... but it's not great so far

• Like 3

Just now, terrytini said:

I can't think of anything positive to say about Tony other than the fact he's spent money, and that's by no means a clear positive.

Appointments, season tickets, Away Scheme, Running water ( yes !!) , debatable communication style, lack of presence, merchandising supply issues - they are all negatives ( some not very much so I would accept) ..... and I don't see ( of course it may be happening) any indication of modernisation, of significant sponsorship, of development of infrastructure etc.

Of course it's early days , and our league position  doesn't help ... but it's not great so far

Not sure if most of that is down to wyness rather than xia but he appointed wyness so fair enough .

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Again really hard to argue with. 

12 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

Tony is trying his best, he's very keen that's for sure. I just feel sometimes a bit of naivety comes out of him. Least we know what's going on around the club with Tony round

Yeah...

Looks like a **** circus from where I'm sitting!

58 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I am not saying you aren't Terry but any judgements on the owner need to be taken in the context of what he inherited, just 15 months ago, which was a shambles.

You put put another 5 or 6 points on to our tally and the club would probably appear in a different light as results and league position are the bottom line and what really matter.

I don't personally feel he has done a lot wrong. I wasn't overjoyed with the RDM appointment but could see some logic in it. The Bruce appointment made sense as he ticked a lot of boxes not least of which the amount of promotions from this league and having gotten a club promoted four months before we appointed him. He has backed them both to varying degrees.

I don't know about the sponsorship and how well we have done out of them financially as no figures have been released or I haven't seen any. I was pissed off I didn't receive my season ticket in time for the first game but in the grand scheme of things it matters not one iota.

We all just want to see the club be successful and I think Xia has put the people in place and backed them well enough that we should have and should be doing much better in terms of results. I guess you could criticize him for not sacking Bruce but having backed him over the summer I can understand why they would want to give him a few games before making that decision.
  • Like 2

I think he'll act now.

Which I think when everyone has calmed down, we'll realise is pretty **** quick to be acting. 7 games into a season.

He's basically given Bruce every chance to show signs of turning this around, but still sacked him in time for someone else to have a decent shot at promotion.

• Like 3

Needs to sack Bruce now. Well no, he needed to sack him either before the international break, or at the end of last season.

Considering how quick he was to get rid of RDM, i'm surprised Bruce has lasted this long without performing any better. 

Â