Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Seems to me that he is enjoying the club. Hopefully it spurs him on to really get us motoring.  I would think a nice £100m a year sponsorship deal from Recon or Lotus or some other unnamed unconnected. Wink wink company should do the trick. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would think a nice £100m a year sponsorship deal from Recon or Lotus or some other unnamed unconnected. Wink wink company should do the trick. 

I do half expect this to happen - stick Recon on the shirt for £50m or so.

Dont see the issue, other clubs do it on an even larger scale.

• Like 1

I've mentioned before but I'm surprised we don't offer cheap tickets to the uni's.

O.k we're not going to make them lifelong Villa fans but plenty of students will be football fans and not all of them can get back and watch their teams play every other week.

When I was at Keele I went to watch Stoke play 5-6 times a year.

It all adds up.

• Like 1

I live up here in Burton on Trent and my daughter (aged 9) came home from school with a Package from Stoke City! Badges, and other bits & bobs promoting them as the area's Premier League team with offers on going to a game. Stoke is a similar distance to me here as Villa Park is but i never have seen anything from the club around here and it's only a 40 minute drive!!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I live up here in Burton on Trent and my daughter (aged 9) came home from school with a Package from Stoke City! Badges, and other bits & bobs promoting them as the area's Premier League team with offers on going to a game. Stoke is a similar distance to me here as Villa Park is but i never have seen anything from the club around here and it's only a 40 minute drive!!

In all fairness I would say Burton is more Stoke than it is Birmingham, in so many ways. 

Agree with the wider issue though, we haven't done nearly enough over the years. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I feel a bit sorry for him.

He really deserves better than he is getting.

Yeah.

I feel he's been let down by the people hired.

"Football people", managers, coaches and players.

Bar from putting his trust in different people around him I can't see what more he could have done for us.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah.

I feel he's been let down by the people hired.

"Football people", managers, coaches and players.

Bar from putting his trust in different people around him I can't see what more he could have done for us.

He could even be responsible for hiring those people, no?

• Like 2

Just now, AVTuco said:

He could even be responsible for hiring those people, no?

Yes, the ones at the very top.

I'm still unsure/unconvinced about our football people tbh.

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I agree it's right to be unsure about them with these results.

The club under Lerner had been a complete shit storm. These guys have been in less than a year, it takes a hell of a lot longer to sort things out. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The club under Lerner had been a complete shit storm. These guys have been in less than a year, it takes a hell of a lot longer to sort things out. 

Looking at the things Dr T says from time to time, I suspect he understands this very well. He's going to need a bit more patience than is displayed by one or two regular contributors to this thread.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

On 27/04/2017 at 12:15, danceoftheshamen said:

Stoke's not villa though.

Theres Villa - anything else is an inferior product - consider yourself and your daughter told.

• Like 1

Â