Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Conversely, we could have been better run for the previous ten years and never be in this situation but that's been mentioned and discussed once or twice on here I think.

when?

On 23/02/2017 at 09:28, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I knew this would happen, we always screw up our chances. Hemce why I said it's like us being close to champions league and signing Harewood, then Man City getting taken over, all over again.

This was the year we needed to go up.

For every Tony there is SHA owner - but saints are a good investment, nice and steady and bringing in the premier league bucks. 

Not that we have tasted ANY success yet, but I do like his ambition - plus he said recently that he doesn't expect to make any money from Villa, if ever any sentence confirms Tony has his head screwed on then that would be it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

For every Tony there is SHA owner - but saints are a good investment, nice and steady and bringing in the premier league bucks. 

Not that we have tasted ANY success yet, but I do like his ambition - plus he said recently that he doesn't expect to make any money from Villa, if ever any sentence confirms Tony has his head screwed on then that would be it.

Wasn't a dig at Tony at all mate. Just pointing out how increasingly hard it could become to make any headway towards his "ambitions". That CTIC who are apparently looking into Saints are the largest investment bank in China, and also have shares in Man City.

Southampton are definitely a good investment though. Look at what they have achieved just by being well run!

• Like 1

Thing with Southampton is it took them to go down to Division 2 to sort out all the rubbish the previous regimes did.  

I know things are not looking good on the pitch but off it we seem to moving in the right direction.

Tony has only been here a few months so I am sure we all agree to cut him some slack.

• Like 3

Tony Xia was looking to buy Southamption days before completing Villa purchase. One of many clubs apparantly. Feel less special now!

Anyway article goes on to say that Tony is close to getting a controlling stake in a prestigious french club. Post the article later.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Tony Xia was looking to buy Southamption days before completing Villa purchase. One of many clubs apparantly. Feel less special now!

Tony looked at buying other clubs but chose us. Shouldn't that make us feel more 'special', not less? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, brommy said:

Tony looked at buying other clubs but chose us. Shouldn't that make us feel more 'special', not less? 

I was just kidding. I'm just glad he's here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KSV said:

Anyway article goes on to say that Tony is close to getting a controlling stake in a prestigious french club. Post the article later.

I thought you're not allowed to have a controlling stake in 2 European clubs?

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I thought you're not allowed to have a controlling stake in 2 European clubs?

Didn't the Watford owner also own Udinese and Granada? Hence the mass loans and frees between the clubs. 

As V4E says, some things in football are fairly easy to bypass by using your sons or wife's name or something. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'll never accept him because he didn't get a Villa tattoo in his youth. 

Not seen him in a half and half scarf either. Just a plastic fan. 

11 hours ago, smg said:

I think I read somewhere that they won't both be allowed to play

This is correct, and is the source of an accusation that Chelsea hobbled Vitesse when they were in danger of qualifying for the Champions League. 

11 hours ago, sne said:

Red Bull own both Salzburg and Leipzig.

Only thing is that it's not currently clear if both will be allowed to play in next years CL

ENIC used to own shares in a few clubs around Europe and had sell most of shares as werent allowed enter more than one team into Europe. They sold everything up and kept only majority share in Spurs

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Didn't the Watford owner also own Udinese and Granada? Hence the mass loans and frees between the clubs. 

As V4E says, some things in football are fairly easy to bypass by using your sons or wife's name or something. 

Good shout, I'm sure it's the dad who officially owns udinese and then the sons who own the others

Â