Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I'm just gonna offer this little observation, but Diesler is not Tony, but actually Rongtian He, or Ho as we call him. Reasons - extensive social media experience with Villa prior to  Tony starting, timing - always on the pulse when things are happening, inside knowledge - always one step ahead, I refer mostly to the Jedinak clue about crystal palace. Case solved. 

2 hours ago, limpid said:

If you are linking to twitter, please don't post screenshots. It's incredibly easy to embed tweets. Someone's even produced a video on how to do it. See the "Site Issues" forum for more info and for testing.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

McCormack is too. Grealish is 21 and has bags of potential. Rhodes is what he is at this stage - a player who can't do it in the Premier League. Signal of no change if this happens, just bringing in other clubs mistakes while getting rid of our own youth. Christ.

He has hardly been given a chance in the premier league. Featured in 6 games. 

maybe Dr Wyness & Round were doing their "target" work early with outgoings/player trades in mind.

Maybe there was interest in Ayew & Gardner from other clubs, Hence the pre-Afcon medical and the Gardner contract.

We may finally have a few clever B@st@rds in the ranks

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

This could be some extremely clever social media chicanery. I would imagine this is the kind of thing which might go viral in China raising our profile.  Be interested in what Deisler123 makes of this. 

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can see a chinese banner going up In the not too distant future.....such is the owners popularity.:)

Agreed. I liked the 100% Tony idea. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This could be some extremely clever social media chicanery. I would imagine this is the kind of thing which might go viral in China raising our profile.  Be interested in what Deisler123 makes of this. 

Unfortunately not. At the moment there is very little (close to none) media coverage of Villa (even its owner is a Chinese). This is not difficult to understand - reporting this will not give the media any more 'traffic'. because 1)  Xia is not very well known in China (which is not necessarily a bad thing though, if you know what I mean).  2) There is absolutely ZERO coverage of English championships football in China, none.  3) people only follow top top clubs (in Premier League, these are top 4. Tottenham is a borderline popular club. Nobody is interested in, say Stoke City (9th now), none).  4) It is even worse considering the development of domestic league in China. People start to follow local teams. - nobody wants to get up at 3am to watch football (for Barca, people do that), but not for championships I am afraid. 

Now put that into context of Tony's ambition of 'becoming a top club of EU football', you now see the point of why he wanted that? :D 

There are only two ways of developing a huge fan base (we are talking about millions at least), which will give a lot income in return

1) one short-term solution (buy one Chinese player, and play him at least as rotation player - in a few months time, TV rights will be introduced to China and millions of fans watching and following), 2) one long-term (get to Premier League and become top 4 - this is not as effective though. people will still follow, say Man U. because a Chinese owner means nothing to them, Chinese player does, a lot)

Just to give you an example - about 15 years ago, one Chinese player played for Frankfurt FC in Bundasliga. One last match of that season they had to win to stay in that league, and that player started as first XI. That match was broadcast in CCTV 5 (like BBC 2), and had 25 million viewers in that 90 mins (game was at 3am in China). I will not be surprised if Villa one day play against Man U/Arsenal, and a Chinese player starts in first XI, having over 40 million viewers in China.

BTW, I just watched the New year's eve Gala (on CCTV 1) on TV with family. 780 million views in four hours.... And 5 seconds commercials at the start, guess what....worth 10 million pounds. That is the potential of the market, and it will be a shame if Villa does not that advantage of that, once back to Premier League. This is also why, in my opinion, the earlier the better for Villa to go back to PL, because that is when this club can 'take full advantage' of Xia's ownership to achieve what people could not dare to dream under other 'normal' owners. 

OK. Back to celebration of new year's eve......

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Unfortunately not. At the moment there is very little (close to none) media coverage of Villa (even its owner is a Chinese). This is not difficult to understand - reporting this will not give the media any more 'traffic'. because 1)  Xia is not very well known in China (which is not necessarily a bad thing though, if you know what I mean).  2) There is absolutely ZERO coverage of English championships football in China, none.  3) people only follow top top clubs (in Premier League, these are top 4. Tottenham is a borderline popular club. Nobody is interested in, say Stoke City (9th now), none).  4) It is even worse considering the development of domestic league in China. People start to follow local teams. - nobody wants to get up at 3am to watch football (for Barca, people do that), but not for championships I am afraid. 

Now put that into context of Tony's ambition of 'becoming a top club of EU football', you now see the point of why he wanted that? :D 

There are only two ways of developing a huge fan base (we are talking about millions at least), which will give a lot income in return

1) one short-term solution (buy one Chinese player, and play him at least as rotation player - in a few months time, TV rights will be introduced to China and millions of fans watching and following), 2) one long-term (get to Premier League and become top 4 - this is not as effective though. people will still follow, say Man U. because a Chinese owner means nothing to them, Chinese player does, a lot)

Just to give you an example - about 15 years ago, one Chinese player played for Frankfurt FC in Bundasliga. One last match of that season they had to win to stay in that league, and that player started as first XI. That match was broadcast in CCTV 5 (like BBC 2), and had 25 million viewers in that 90 mins. I will not be surprised if Villa one day play against Man U/Arsenal, and a Chinese player starts in first XI, having over 40 million viewers in China.

BTW, I just watched the New year's eve Gala (on CCTV 1) on TV with family. 780 million views in four hours.... And 5 seconds commercials at the start, guess what....worth 10 million pounds. That is the potential of the market, and it will be a shame if Villa does not that advantage of that, once back to Premier League. This is also why, in my opinion, the earlier the better for Villa to go back to PL, because that is when this club can 'take full advantage' of Xia's ownership to achieve what you may not imagine under other 'normal' owners. 

OK. Back to celebration of new year's eve......

Thanks. Enjoy new year! 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well his record in the championship is pretty impressive and in case you hadn't noticed that's the league we are in and we are really struggling for goal. 

and getting rid of a player that wants to stay, who has Premier League potential, to bring him in. In case you hadn't noticed, that's the league we want to be in, in the future.

40 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

and getting rid of a player that wants to stay, who has Premier League potential, to bring him in. In case you hadn't noticed, that's the league we want to be in, in the future.

So because he had a few good games when burst on the same he has premier league potential? Grealish is a championship player. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

So because he had a few good games when burst on the same he has premier league potential? Grealish is a championship player. 

Currently? I agree. But he will be a Premier League player. You know, because he's 21 and will likely improve.

Â