Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

When you're an owner who has paid millions of pounds for something, it must be quite tempting to want to tell the world.

When you own a business that markets it's announcements as having value to its sponsors, you have to be a little careful. If I'm at Under Armour and I spend a lot of money sponsoring a football club, I want people to click on a page with my company's name on it when they want to find out about a new signing. I would imagine that has some influence on how direct the Dr's tweets are.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

This is it.  He's communicating with us.  Teasing us in a humourous way but letting us know things are progressing (the numbers are getting bigger).  We know there's something fairly sizeable going to happen in the not-too-distant future and most of us are now on the edge of our seats in anticipation, even despite most probably already knowing the identity of (most of) the signings.

It's very refreshing.

Oh and he's spending money.  Just in case we start taking that for granted.

He is the king of entertainment.....we have another Sherlock as our leader:)

ps does he ever do small talk or have the time:)

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, holtend4life said:

I have to say I'm in the pro numbers and symbols camp. 

I mean, when was the last time a January transfer window has been this exciting to talk/speculate/add, divide and subtract?

Meanwhile Sky TV are camped at the door of Sunderland training ground on deadline day waiting to see if Robbie Keane turns up....  Which he doesn't 

His percentage of transfer communication is absolutely classic.

He is so inventive, he frightens me.

I'm thinking what next.

all at B6 and us have got to reward this guy with our enthusiasm, he's a legend already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

So it means that the third player has been upgraded to 99.9% and theres a 4th player who is now 51%

It's just me seeing 5 players then ?

99.9%+ Bree

98%+ Horihane

(51%->) someone

99.99%- bjork

+50%. Someone

??

Just now, tonyh29 said:

It's just me seeing 5 players then ?

99.9%+ Bree

98%+ Horihane

(51%->) someone

99.99%- bjork

+50%. Someone

??

He tweeted the 51% earlier today. The generally accepted explanation is that (51% ->) 99.99% is the person who was at 51% earlier today is now 99.99%, which seems to fit Bjarnason. The first two seem to be Bree and Hourihane, so that's one more we're currently working on.

• Like 1

Â