Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why do people delete their tweets when they get a response from him?

Come to think of it, why does he bother deleting his tweets? Once they're out there it's too late.

I wish he'd not talk about specific players, particularly those who are active members of the squad. I find it unprofessional and I feel like he's talking too much of a risk with it. Leave that to the manager should he deem it necessary. 

People usually delete them because they start getting hundreds of notifications or likes, retweets or replies.

As for him deleting them, horse has bolted I agree but guess it's damage limitation.

And I agree, he needs to be more selective what he is so open about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

That tweet about something being more important than bringing in players was very cryptic, any ideas? 

Probably about giving the current squad some time to gel.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

That tweet about something being more important than bringing in players was very cryptic, any ideas? 

My thoughts would be that he sees a problem with the mentality of the team. As have many of us of course, and he does say they need time to gel.

However, he might be attributing the problem to management inability. That is what I meant by marking someone's card.

If I were RDM reading that tweet, I would be feeling slightly uneasy.

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

My thoughts would be that he sees a problem with the mentality of the team. As have many of us of course, and he does say they need time to gel.

However, he might be attributing the problem to management inability. That is what I meant by marking someone's card.

If I were RDM reading that tweet, I would be feeling slightly uneasy.

Might it be something to do with the dramatically negative and entitled attitude of the fanbase? 

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Might it be something to do with the dramatically negative and entitled attitude of the fanbase? 

I doubt it as he apologised to the fans for the current performances and results. 

I applauded Tony's enthusiasm the other day but he really needs to shut the **** up about our own players, unless he wants to disenfranchise the majority of the squad due to putting individuals publicly on blast for performances and celebrations (or lack there of). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

As much as I love Dr X, he does need to be careful not to undermine current players 

100% this.

Tony has been like a breath of fresh air.  He has managed to completely turn the atmosphere around in a very, very short space of time.

He clearly wants to listen to fans opinions and has said as much before on Twitter.  I would prefer that something like the GK situation was dealt with behind closed doors though and in private.  No manager would appreciate a chairman being critical of a player.

The problem as I see it is that Tony comes from a different culture.  Make no mistake that he is ruthless-He has this bond with the man on the street though which is reaching out with almost every post he makes.

Tony has managed to do what many thought was impossible 3 or 4 months ago and get the whole club moving in one direction.  I just worry that being too open can cause problems/friction between himself and the management.

It's great to know a little bit about what is happening behind the scenes but it would perhaps be better to know about the GK after a signing in that position is made.  For all the good that Tony has done so far, I would afford him this mistake. 

• Like 1

Â