Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If you google 'sultry gif' this is one of the first ones and certainly caught my eye:

giphy.gif

Suddenly forgotten all about what we were talking about... Was it something to do with football?

You can't show things like that. 

I mean a picture with the word love made up of weapons it's just not right :)

• Like 1

Of course the Doc should have a say on who comes in. 

If I owned the club, you can be damn sure I'd be making the final call, and the only person from VT I would ever listen to would be @Con and his folder of heat maps. 

The rest of you don't know your Ronaldo's from your Ronald Macdonalds :P :trollface:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jon_c said:

If Tony writes off Valencia after three games, I love to know his opinion of some of our players so far this season.

Yes, and I wonder what he makes of RDM saying "12 months isn't long enough to judge " ! lol.

I don't think for one minute the Doc is involved in deciding who we go for in any direct way - its not in his interests, it wouldn't please RDM, it doesn't fit the idea of having football people (like Wyness as CEO).

Even Abramovich only interfered once, to get Shevchenko   - it is very rare for them to actually interfere.

Final say though ?  Maybe.

TBH as long as all those involved ar ehappy with however we are doing it, I'm fine with whatever it is.

• Like 1

It's good that Tony is being proactive, but I think he is in danger of treading  on other people's toes and undermining their jobs.

I've worked with people who try to get involved with everything and all it does is annoy the staff and causes them to look for another  job due to being micro-managed.  

If this project is going to be a success then he  needs to let people do the jobs they are hired to do and trust their judgement.  Scouting players then vetoing the move because he doesn't like the look of them is clearly overstepping boundaries.  If this behaviour carries on I think it is not going to end well for Villa. 

• Like 1

This is a guy who's said that he gets the right people in the right positions and let's them do their jobs. He's not done a lot wrong since he bought the club, so it's pretty obvious that taking on the role of chief scout and deciding who we should and shouldn't sign is completely out of character.

Far too much is being read into this imo.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Something more important.

Hmm. That doesn't sound good.

Sounds very good, I think he's right. There's something else at play here so figuring that out is nothing but a good thing.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Sultry? I thought I typed surly or maybe sulky? I don't know, definitely didn't mean to type sultry though. I got a 'B' in a-level English so I'm going to blame predictive text :D

/Joleon 

Edited by Ingram85

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

It's funny when people get angry and mishmash extra words onto phrases to back up their flimsy point which wouldn't work with the original phrase.

As the phrase is 'Actions speak louder than words'—Tony has spent money, so he's got the actions covered. There's not much more he could do realistically. 

As a chairman I don't know how I could fault him. I do hope the performances improve however. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Something more important.

Hmm. That doesn't sound good.

Well, it sounds good from the point of view that he knows there is a problem that will not necessarily be addressed by throwing players at it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Sultry? I thought I typed surly or maybe sulky? I don't know, definitely didn't mean to type sultry though. I got a 'B' in a-level English so I'm going to blame predictive text :D

/Joleon 

It's ok, your word spawned a gif that will live long in the memory banks...

• Like 3

Â