Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

£14 mill for Hernandez would have taken our spending through the roof, it could yet still go that way. Pressure is on RDM now to weave these players into a team.

Whoops, thought i was in the transfer thread. About Tony, I am glad that the owner is so vocal about signings, it's surely a team effort to find the right players and if someone like Valencia does not show their worth in 3 games where the prospective buyer is watching, then it is right that the money man does not part with their cash.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KSV said:

I don't mind. He's probably better than our scouts. #paddyisshit

Yes, previously Paddy proposes a player and Randy says yes, as he couldn't be bothered to come to his own opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

Is it worrying that The Doctor seems to be doing the scouting?

For me the answer is yes although I believe that will probably depend upon who the owner is

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

Is it worrying that The Doctor seems to be doing the scouting?

I think it's his right to question whether or not to spend on a certain player, so long as it's part of a discussion with the management and recruitment team. As the owner, having final say won't be a uncommon thing amongst clubs.

There's a big difference between an owner not sanctioning a deal and an owner deciding who the club should buy. I hope the Tony doesn't plan to be that kind of guy.

I'm not worried on this occasion as I agree, I would imagine that's just phrasing though. The scouts, RDM, SC, and Xia probably all debated and agreed not to try for Valencia, I don't see it as a huge problem as it's clear to most people with eyes that Valencia is poor. 

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Going to get stick for this probably but i really think he needs to change how he uses twitter, for me tweets like that just arent how it should be done.

Why should you get stick?

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Why should you get stick?

Its not that i should its just i think most are quite enjoying his online presense at the moment because its so different to what were used to and so any negativity towards it might get a bit of stick but i defintiely think he needs to tone it down no pun intended.

11 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Ridiculous rumours of Fernando Torres on Twitter after Sid Lowe said something about meeting a certain Doctor. 

Its just struck me if we spent £20mil more this window, as is rumoured, we will have a net spend approaching £45mil would we not? That is utter insanity for the championship. Thanks Tony.

Maybe but the team was in such a poor state at least that amount was needed. Some may even argue we haven't gone far enough but let's wait to the end of the window .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Maybe but the team was in such a poor state at least that amount was needed. Some may even argue we haven't gone far enough but let's wait to the end of the window .

I get the feeling some would be not too bothered if we didn't bring in loads of players, so that some, when analysing the window could have a good old moan about the dr. 

Just now, Richard said:

You are correct, some folks are never happy.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I get the feeling some would be not too bothered if we didn't bring in loads of players, so that some, when analysing the window could have a good old moan about the dr. 

Really? How strange . I don't get that feeling as I believe that the majority who post on this site are villa fans who want the best for the club.  Not doing much transfer business would not be in the clubs interest , as much as doing the wrong business. But each to his own I guess

• Like 2

Â