Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I hope hes bracing himself for some difficult questions.

Are the players shit? Is RDM tactically inept or the most boring team talk giver ever? Or maybe everything AVFC touches turns to shit and we should just accept it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hoaxn said:

Or maybe everything AVFC touches turns to shit and we should just accept it?

Seems this way! Opposite of the midas touch

Don't understand what is happening....

Owner who has fresh ideas and ambition....proven promotion winning manager appointed.

Players signed who played key parts in promotion winning sides...Chester, Elphick, De Laet, Jedinak.

1 win in 5 and a terrible cup defeat.

And still the feeling the world's about to collapse when we concede a goal.

It's just like the premier league but it shouldn't be as we're not playing world class players every week so results like this are a bit more embarrasing. 

Edit: This was what I expected to happen if Lerner was still the owner!

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

I feel sorry for him a bit. He's got so much energy and enthusiasm and he's put a lot of money in but there's absolutely nothing he can do about the toxic mentality which runs through this club.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Owner who has fresh ideas and ambition....proven promotion winning manager appointed.

Players signed who played key parts in promotion winning sides...Chester, Elphick, De Laet, Jedinak.

1 win in 5 and a terrible cup defeat.

And still the feeling the world's about to collapse when we concede a goal.

It's just like the premier league but it shouldn't be as we're not playing world class players every week so results like this are a bit more embarrasing. 

Edit: This was what I expected to happen if Lerner was still the owner!

Everything's changed... But yet nothing's changed. I'm really struggling to understand what's going on. 

Every time we concede one it's practically a given that we'll lose by two

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I feel sorry for him a bit. He's got so much energy and enthusiasm and he's put a lot of money in but there's absolutely nothing he can do about the toxic mentality which runs through this club.

What more can he do...he's changed half the team already with at least two more to come in next week. People like Lescott and Gabby aren't even travelling with team for games.

Who is bring the toxic mentality now...Westwood?!

Something is badly wrong with this club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

What more can he do...he's changed half the team already with at least two more to come in next week. People like Lescott and Gabby aren't even travelling with team for games.

Who is bring the toxic mentality now...Westwood?!

Something is badly wrong with this club.

Exactly. People like Lescott, Richards and Agbonlahor are still around but I can't help but feel like even if we got rid of people like them we'd still be in this position. Our problem now seems to be almost entirely mental.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Actions speak louder than words. Less tweeting, more signing.

Just in case you're not joking, I think his actions have already spoken pretty loudly. Plus, I'm sure that sending a Tweet doesn't get in the way of signing players.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But how are we supposed to understand that there can be a toxic mentality about the club with so many new players in and so many old guard out. 

It does not make any sense. How can this be?

Hopefully it is just that the team will take time to gel, but of course, this is what we were saying most of last season.

It needs to be turned around soon.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Owner who has fresh ideas and ambition....

He has no experience of running a UK football club however, so I don't think it was ever nailed on he would create instant success. He has a lot to learn himself.

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just in case you're not joking, I think his actions have already spoken pretty loudly. Plus, I'm sure that sending a Tweet doesn't get in the way of signing players.

Was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair. I couldn't give a monkey's about the tweeting to be honest. If I did I'd probably just tweet him.

However, the bit about more signing was not tongue in cheek. A lot to do in 5 days. Fingers crossed we can finish the good work already started off the pitch.

Â