Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Tonys twitter

'Joe just sent a message explaining and apologizing that he meant to some fans annoyed him not me&club. Let's move on and best wishes to him!'

Edited by RaptureJames
Can't get the tweet to show up!

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I too campaigned/protested against Ellis and I regret it, really....However he never got everything right, but I think his intentions and sentiment was good. its hard to criticise a man for not having enough money, but hey, we all learn.

We are not all perfect and none of us tick every box.....neither did he, but at 90 odd he still goes, says it all.

as for Tony, lets take him with the sincerity, he deserves right now.

We will know when the time is right to change, but lets hope that is just a station we will never arrive at.

I applaud you for that. Don't regret it. Mr. Aston Villa is the reason we are not the `big four', the Sky lovies. He was in it for himself, and that is where his intentions lay.

He came from Birmingham City - he gets a free seat and lunch - why would he not go?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Its always dangerous ground.....wasn't Robin Hood a terrorist in some eyes and a hero in others.........oooh murky waters.

ps I' m just a simple football man.

It absolutely depends on your viewpoint. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

• Like 4

we've been starved of a direct line of communication with the board for years...tony and to a lesser extent keith are clearly keen on the project...look at the quality signings so far, and the promise of more...we should be ecstatic. that said, i do understand that some people are wary that he could go a bit overboard with his twitter feed. he seems really sincere though, so wtf. lets enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I see it slightly differently. Although I haven't followed the exchanges, libel is libel. If you can't substantiate a claim that is potentially damaging, don't make the claim. Mud sticks, whether there is any truth in the matter or not. Why should Tony accept this just because he owns a football club?

If the exchanges are not libelous, then, yes I agree. What I will say is public threats are unnecessary. Especially on Twitter.

Totally agree with this. 

There is a difference between the personal abuse, name calling and the typical stuff you see on Twitter vs actual libellous comments. 

Although I don't agree with it, if someone in the public eye signs up to Twitter, you have to accept the inevitable from the basket cases on there, but there is always a line. 

Tony is a deluded word removed 

Tony is a fraud with no money acting as a front for Samuelson 

One is abuse and you just block and move on, the other is damaging and libellous. Especially when you get the odd clown saying they have 'sources' or have 'been told by a journo' 

15 hours ago, peterms said:

Seriously?  You'd find it "comical" to see someone vastly rich use our extremely weighted libel laws used to crush someone who couldn't remotely defend themselves?

Sounds rather like the squire having the footman whipped for insolence.

If Xia wants to use twitter to engage with the supporters and get some cred by doing that, good luck to him, but he needs to understand that it brings with it the possibility of unpleasant exchanges, unfair criticism, and hutful comments.  Block it, blank it, or don't get in there in the first place.  But please don't use vast wealth to crush critics.  That's not the approach I want to see from my club.

Unable to defend himself? He's a company director, don't ya know..

Trying to position this argument as the rich against the poor is nonsense - Xia has the right to defend his credibility in the courts as much as anyone. Referring to your final paragraph, it's all about context - some criticism over transfers or retweet requests of Jimmy Savile? Ok. Accusations of siphoning off the club's assets to Switzerland? Different ball game.

Lesson to be learned for the 'footman' in this case - don't talk through one's hat in a public domain unless you can back it up (and with something better than screenshots of a Companies House director listing). Simple. And yeah, it'd be fecking hilarious.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Richard said:

Which is basically the line of questioning of ianrobo for which he is being pilloried 

"Line of questioning" is a bit generous. He and Keith haven't exactly been too civilised for the parts I've seen.

It's been pretty "conspiracy theorist angry rant" bordering on libel for the most part.

• Like 3

Wait, what happened?

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest I have no knowledge of Mao, however alot of things are subjective. For instance, Castro, Chavez, Saddam, and Gaddafi were painted as absolute demons by the Media. I can tell you that, in the Caribbean, for example they are seen as "heroes".

To be fair, they were absolute demons, especially Gaddafi and Saddam. Their crimes are well documented and it really doesn't matter whether some people view them as heroes.

**** knows how Mao got into this discussion in the first place though.

Edited by Mantis

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Giving it to Joe bennett now. My love grows. Tony hates the same people as I do. It's brilliant 

I can't personally commit to that sentiment, until I hear confirmation that Tony hates Coldplay. If so, then we're cool. 

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wait, what happened?

To be fair, they were absolute demons, especially Gaddafi and Saddam. Their crimes are well documented and it really doesn't matter whether some people view them as heroes.

**** knows how Mao got into this discussion in the first place though.

Tony quoted Mao a few days ago

Â