Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I do wonder what was presented to the FL when they were doing the due diligence on him. Remember there was a delay to all this, takeover was announced mid May but FL didn't officially confirm to second week in June so clearly something wasn't adding up behind the scenes as usuallly takeovers are waived through in a week or two as the recent one at Sunderland was.

Anyone know how long proof of funds is required by Football league? If they just saw the plans for two years then I can see how he wriggled through. If it was for 5 years then I'm at a loss.

Naively at the start I thought it was a combination of FFP and Xia struggling to get his capital out of China but clearly things are far worse with all the sellinf of future transfer instalments. When you really have no money left in the bank having burnt through an overdraft that's what tends to happen.

Guess we'll never know but given the mystery around Recon I do wonder if he was just a lead face for a mystery group of Chinese investors and know they haven't got the promised premier league pot of gold they don't want to know and he's left trying to sell us.

Will probably make a good book in a few years time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I do wonder what was presented to the FL when they were doing the due diligence on him. Remember there was a delay to all this, takeover was announced mid May but FL didn't officially confirm to second week in June so clearly something wasn't adding up behind the scenes as usuallly takeovers are waived through in a week or two as the recent one at Sunderland was.

Anyone know how long proof of funds is required by Football league? If they just saw the plans for two years then I can see how he wriggled through. If it was for 5 years then I'm at a loss.

Naively at the start I thought it was a combination of FFP and Xia struggling to get his capital out of China but clearly things are far worse with all the sellinf of future transfer instalments. When you really have no money left in the bank having burnt through an overdraft that's what tends to happen.

Guess we'll never know but given the mystery around Recon I do wonder if he was just a lead face for a mystery group of Chinese investors and know they haven't got the promised premier league pot of gold they don't want to know and he's left trying to sell us.

Will probably make a good book in a few years time.

I may be naive but I'm still not buying he is that broke.  I'm just a normal business man but I have most of my money invested in a number of investments and at the moment I dont want to pull any of that out because I have some time restrictions on some of it and on others they are doing well and I expect them to do better in the near term.  Xia also has the major issue of taking money out of China, which is a problem because they seem to be putting more short term walls up at the moment (in the current political environment).  In my world, I know of a few cases where simply things have been put on hold from China, which would normal not be an issue. 

If that is the case then it might explain why Xia wants to retain control but wouldnt mind some working capital in exchange for small ownership stake to cover the coming periods.

It may well be the case he's broke and it's all gone to sh*t, I'm just putting an alternative scenario because some many people have jumped to the worst conclusions which maybe the case but may not.  It just seems then strange that if that is the case why didnt Xia snap the hands of one the investors that has been interested.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Regardless of whether he had money or not, he is saying that investment can not fend off our horrendous FFP situation and that it can only be rectified by revenue the club generates, which he then points to player dealings. In other words, we have to sell players for money than we spend on replacements = good luck with that Brucie!

Dunno if this is the right thread to put this in but AC Milan have been bought out due to their Chinese owner failing to repay debts

AC Milan bought out by US hedge fund after Chinese owners fail to repay debts

Seven-time European champions Milan are expected to close the financial year with a loss of 75 million euros - and banned from Europe

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-ac-milan-bought-out-12892293

It does look irregular and bleak and this will feel worse when those player sales happen. However, there is yet to be any proof of the worst case scenario being offered and if anybody wishes to orchestrate an owner ousting campaign as is the fetish of our Leeds visitors then to do that justice and ride to the rescue of the club then please get that proof and deliver it in a short succinct and irresistible message. 

15 hours ago, tinker said:

We need him gone , question is , how can we help it happen? 

Bad mouth him on social media for a start - and do it 24-7 - we need some photoshop experts to get some mock ups going viral 

Its on a smaller scale - But I had some really horrible neighbours move in - so bad I was going to move myself - until I realised that fee's along would cost me £8k !!!  - so I googled 'how to make you neighbour move' - and basically it said 'bad mouth them to absolutely everyone'  - which I did - worked like a charm, they were gone within a year ! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Dunno if this is the right thread to put this in but AC Milan have been bought out due to their Chinese owner failing to repay debts

Seven-time European champions Milan are expected to close the financial year with a loss of 75 million euros - and banned from Europe

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-ac-milan-bought-out-12892293

yeah the hedge fund loaned that guy the money

15 hours ago, hooter said:

As @WaccoeOnline said, if folk on here genuinely want some advice, then it is probable that the fellas who did the really innovative legwork at Leeds might be willing to give a few hints, either of us can certainly ask.

The TimeToGoMassimo campaign became an art form, loads of viral social media stuff I don't begin to understand, they had EastEnders actors doing vids and all sorts, way beyond me.

The Bates Out one was less social media, more toe to toe "**** you, you bastard", as a 50 something that was one I felt more able to contribute to. ?

Fact is it took until about 2009 for our fanbase to start to fight back, and we spent the next 7/8 years doing it. Now I'm hopeful the guy we now have is honest, whether he is good enough time will tell, but for the first time in a decade I'm willing to give him a chance.

Our experience would certainly suggest to me you fellas need to organise, and fight for your club, our support waited too long, and bates was playing much smaller numbers, the damage if you don't remove Xia will be potentially  eye-watering. 

I told @Demitri_C to stand outside Villa Park everyday with a Xia out sign but not sure if he has done it yet. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Bad mouth him on social media for a start - and do it 24-7 - we need some photoshop experts to get some mock ups going viral 

Its on a smaller scale - But I had some really horrible neighbours move in - so bad I was going to move myself - until I realised that fee's along would cost me £8k !!!  - so I googled 'how to make you neighbour move' - and basically it said 'bad mouth them to absolutely everyone'  - which I did - worked like a charm, they were gone within a year ! 

I think you have to be very careful with that approach. There are liable laws and the like which his lawyers would be all over. If he Is a crook then we should try everything possible to expose him for what he is. But we can’t expose him for being what we think he might be without proper evidence, that would stand up in court, if push came to shove. 

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I told @Demitri_C to stand outside Villa Park everyday with a Xia out sign but not sure if he has done it yet. 

It's abit hot you going to supply me water and food for all the hours I do? ;)

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Someone best start a gofundme page..

Â