Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

That doesn't make a great read for the nervous Villa fan still reeling from the shock of last week's crisis.

Yep truly scary stuff. Thought he was spot on with the comparrison to trump and his supporters, made the same suggestion myself recently.The idea of him finding a loan to keep hold of the club worries me as well, i think we would have been better if he were forced into a sale or accepting investment from other parties.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Then the FA allowed a fraud to take over our club, or did not check his finances correctly, one or the other surely. Who as fans do we sue, the FA maybe for close to destroying our club?

are you surprised. Cellino, Shinawatra, Gold and Sullivan, Carson Yeung, Ellis Short

history of dodgy characters buying clubs

On 07/06/2018 at 18:53, DCJonah said:

I don't get the point. Are you suggesting its not an issue if we don't know? 

It seems money has been an issue for months, just because we didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't an issue. 

if people didnt know there were money issues at the club for the last 12 months then they've had their heads in the sand.

All the signs were there is you cared to see them.  Loan players not purchases, wage restrictions, Bruce's moaning about resourcing, constant talk of FFP.

It was hardly a secret.

2 hours ago, Sadken79 said:

I've completely lost all confidence in Xia. I think for the sake of our club the sooner he's gone the better. I remember Randy saying something along the lines like "there were plenty parties interested in buying the club and he sold us to the person he belived was the best for Aston Villa"

The other interested parties must have been shifty as hell.... Either that or Tony is one of the best blaggers out there. 

One of them was led by Tony Adams from what I remember, so yeah it could have been worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Or he can move and triple his wages, make his family secure with a signing on fee and be in contention for the England squad.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems some of you want Jack to go more than Jack wants to go.....

How can you possibly infer that from what I posted?

3 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts when buying the Villa, based on some reports at the time, enough to cover the next 2 to 5 years. Clearly that's no longer the case.

I agree that the football authorities also need to take a long hard look at themselves too. 

I wonder if that was loan too?

It was £100m he had in a uk bank

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-qa-tony-xia-11383863

15 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Good research @Villa Stu, although I thought that was just to buy the club, with the other amount mentioned for running costs?

Either way, we're screwed as that money has clearly gone after 2 years. We really do need to put some challenges in to the authorities about this I feel...

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

So would that make you, as a Villa fan, not want to play for Villa?

It's not about what I'd do, it's what Grealish will do, but more importantly, what the club will surely do if a premier league club comes in with a good bid. Jack is as good as gone.

39 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Yep, good fact there. I've no intention of trying to change anybody's mind but in terms of events and facts we're still as we were from a few days ago. Now if Tone is evil, or hopeless then sadly that will come to pass and the club will go down the toilet - I pray it doesn't. But if it's the case that this year's money was planned to be signed off at that Recon board meeting (the day of the tax news) only a week or two after the club's future was confirmed - then I don't see what harm has been done. The club's been dragged through the press and has generated a lot of clicks, but in terms of actual events, it's been a late tax bill which was then settled and nothing else. I'd hate to be blind to some impending disaster but as it stands, I don't see one coming. Slap me round the head with that if it all goes south. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yep, good fact there. I've no intention of trying to change anybody's mind but in terms of events and facts we're still as we were from a few days ago. Now if Tone is evil, or hopeless then sadly that will come to pass and the club will go down the toilet - I pray it doesn't. But if it's the case that this year's money was planned to be signed off at that Recon board meeting (the day of the tax news) only a week or two after the club's future was confirmed - then I don't see what harm has been done. The club's been dragged through the press and has generated a lot of clicks, but in terms of actual events, it's been a late tax bill which was then settled and nothing else. I'd hate to be blind to some impending disaster but as it stands, I don't see one coming. Slap me round the head with that if it all goes south. 

Yes.

Apart from the ceo being suspended and transfer fees scheduled for this summer being cashed in early, thus making ffp even more difficult for the upcoming year. And that's only things we know about. 

He really has done a number on people. He may turn out to be an innocent good guy, but the fact some won't even question him, his motives or his money is madness IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yes.

Apart from the ceo being suspended and transfer fees scheduled for this summer being cashed in early, thus making ffp even more difficult for the upcoming year. And that's only things we know about. 

He really has done a number on people. He may turn out to be an innocent good guy, but the fact some won't even question him, his motives or his money is madness IMO.

We need to know why Wyness was suspended. I'll question Tony when we 'know' he's guilty of something, I'm not into casting judgement before anything is proven. 

Just now, Jareth said:

We need to know why Wyness was suspended. I'll question Tony when we 'know' he's guilty of something, I'm not into casting judgement before anything is proven. 

You said nothing else has happened apart from missing a tax bill. Regardless of why, its something else that has happened along with my other point. 

But lets ignore it because tony loves the villa. He didn't even have to get a tattoo to get the loyal support. Bet randy is jealous 

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Ian Taylor tweeted that we far from out of the woods yet so I'd expect more bad news in the coming weeks.

More anti xia click bait. **** Ian Taylor. 

• Haha 3

Whether Tony shafted the club or not I think we have to realise what a financial mess the club was when he took over.  The club gambled on getting promoted rather than fixing the issues.  Had for example Newcastle not got promoted in the first or second year they would be in the same mess too.  I suspect if Boro don’t go up next season they could be in a spot of bother too.

Had the club tried to balance the books straight after relegation we most likely wouldn’t have been able to compete for promotion last season. We would have been in a Norwich style situation. 

No doubt fans would have been going mental about that too and saying he is ruining the club 

Im not defending Xia. He took a big chance but used he wrong footballing people to do it and blew it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes.

I agree....

After these events, even he should not be offended by questioning.

It is incumbent upon him now to come clean and create a transparent business model, as best as is commercially possible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said nothing else has happened apart from missing a tax bill. Regardless of why, its something else that has happened along with my other point. 

But lets ignore it because tony loves the villa. He didn't even have to get a tattoo to get the loyal support. Bet randy is jealous 

It's fair enough, Wyness' departure is a major event - I should have stated that alongside the tax bill. It wasn't being ignored, but we don't know why yet - so it's not necessarily an indicator of financial irregularity which is the general thrust of the anti Tony remarks, that he's bad with money. If we're factoring Wyness' departure into the debate on financial irregularity then as CEO, he's at the heart of it.   

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whether Tony shafted the club or not I think we have to realise what a financial mess the club was when he took over.  The club gambled on getting promoted rather than fixing the issues.  Had for example Newcastle not got promoted in the first or second year they would be in the same mess too.  I suspect if Boro don’t go up next season they could be in a spot of bother too.

Had the club tried to balance the books straight after relegation we most likely wouldn’t have been able to compete for promotion last season. We would have been in a Norwich style situation. 

No doubt fans would have been going mental about that too and saying he is ruining the club 

Im not defending Xia. He took a big chance but used he wrong footballing people to do it and blew it. 

Not a chance, there is a lot more prudence in the way both clubs were/are run. When Middlesbrough were relegated only Hull, Burnley and Bournemouth had lower wage bills and I can't imagine it has escalated since. Not much deadwood in their squad either.

Â