Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Has Luis Suarez really had a better career for leaving Liverpool. He was sensational for Liverpool, had he stayed they could have built around him. Same goes for Torres, he went on to win the CL but did his play improve, hell no, massive regression.

What? In his first full season he scored 59 goals in all competitions for Barcelona. He's at least matched his best total for Liverpool in the last two seasons. He's won three league titles and the Champions League. His wife is from Barcelona. Spanish is his first language. I can't see any downsides to him moving whatsoever. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Money.  And the chance to play in the Premiership.  Leeds lost Delph, Milner, Smith, Danny Rose, Byram, Cook, Taylor, Howson, all our youth with potential over the course of our disaster. Probably a full team of premiership quality players.  I’m sure they all loved to play at Elland Road.  But as professional footballers with short careers and no certainty of ever seeing premiership stadiums or wages if they stuck with us, they all went.  Perhaps with tears in their eyes but definitely with wallets fat with signing on fees.

Don't mention the first named player too often here. We have a problem with that slithering snake about the circumstances in which he left us. Otherwise losing those players must have been hard to take we felt for you then and we're feeling sorry for ourselves just now.

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

What? In his first full season he scored 59 goals in all competitions for Barcelona. He's at least matched his best total for Liverpool in the last two seasons. He's won three league titles and the Champions League. His wife is from Barcelona. Spanish is his first language. I can't see any downsides to him moving whatsoever. 

Well what I think you are all missing here is the fact that anyone moving outside the UK is insane as it would mean mixing with foreigners all day, obviously staying in Liverpool would have been better for Suarez because Liverpool is in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, and football elsewhere is gay. So you know simples, 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well what I think you are all missing here is the fact that anyone moving outside the UK is insane as it would mean mixing with foreigners all day, obviously staying in Liverpool would have been better for Suarez because Liverpool is in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, and football elsewhere is gay. So you know simples, 

But who would wanna be with all those Scousers everyday. I'm with Suarez, I would more as far away as possible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But who would wanna be with all those Scousers everyday. I'm with Suarez, I would more as far away as possible.

Soft lad. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

Not the most flattering piece. Not someone who should have an agenda though.

Its very, very worrying.

I think the lack of clarity and muddy waters of Tony's whole existence is perhaps, the most perplexing element.

However, I thought the Football Authorities, signed him off with a clean bill of health?

Personally I would like to see a new Owner, one with substance....not to just bank roll the club, but ensure the stable footing and over see clear and transparent management.

Where can you get a man with capital and a trusted soul?

14 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I really feel like this guys a crook, if we had beat full it feels like most that money would have bee gone instantly just to clear the mess he got us in.

Its starting to look like that.....this could paradoxically be a blessing in disguise.

For what we know.....we could have been walking in to something much worse than we have now.

at least its partly in the open now.....despite our utter disappointment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its very, very worrying.

I think the lack of clarity and muddy waters of Tony's whole existence is perhaps, the most perplexing element.

However, I thought the Football Authorities, signed him off with a clean bill of health?

Personally I would like to see a new Owner, one with substance....not to just bank roll the club, but ensure the stable footing and over see clear and transparent management.

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts when buying the Villa, based on some reports at the time, enough to cover the next 2 to 5 years. Clearly that's no longer the case.

I agree that the football authorities also need to take a long hard look at themselves too. 

I wonder if that was loan too?

Edited by Darth Villa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts when buying the Villa, based on some reports at the time, enough to cover the next 2 to 5 years. Clearly that's no longer the case.

I agree that the football authorities also need to take a long hard look at themselves too. 

I wonder if that was loan too?

That was my understanding too.

This needs to be investigated....the Football authorities are not blameless here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its very, very worrying.

I agree but just worry about what type of owner would we be getting? Would they have the clubs best interest at heart or just come in and sell any and all assets?

I've completely lost all confidence in Xia. I think for the sake of our club the sooner he's gone the better. I remember Randy saying something along the lines like "there were plenty parties interested in buying the club and he sold us to the person he belived was the best for Aston Villa"

The other interested parties must have been shifty as hell.... Either that or Tony is one of the best blaggers out there. 

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Or he can move and triple his wages, make his family secure with a signing on fee and be in contention for the England squad.

It seems some of you want Jack to go more than Jack wants to go.....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

He was meant to have £500m cash in UK accounts

A Chinese man with an estimated worth of around a billion dollars was meant to have 3/4 of his wealth in cash, in the UK.

Let’s just take a step back and consider how likely that is in ANY scenario...regardless of what has been read. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

Not the most flattering piece. Not someone who should have an agenda though.

That doesn't make a great read for the nervous Villa fan still reeling from the shock of last week's crisis.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

A Chinese man with an estimated worth of around a billion dollars was meant to have 3/4 of his wealth in cash, in the UK.

Let’s just take a step back and consider how likely that is in ANY scenario...regardless of what has been read. 

It seems obvious doesn't it but he past the "fit and proper person" test with no problem, even when the illogic in the situation was easy to spot.

The question is, how?

8 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

It seems obvious doesn't it but he past the "fit and proper person" test with no problem, even when the illogic in the situation was easy to spot.

The question is, how?

Apparently you need to have at least a hundred million in the bank locally due to League requirements to show you can sustain the club.

If reports are true that he was bankrolling 4 - 5 million per month to cover losses, you do the math.

Â