Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

hahahahaha. This is a perfect example of lazy journalism. 

First, talked about a story of Guo and his past investigation by govnt. Then quoted an earlier interview today with a Professor who commented on currency control policy in China. 

Then trying to implying that these two are potentially linked. And posed a scary question: could Xia be detained? haha

Check out the title: image.thumb.png.8198d439ba3de6561189aeecb63f4900.png

WTF? 

Welcome to the wonderful world of the tabloid press. Sensationalist damaging dramatic stories sell newspapers and garner click-ad revenue.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

the parent company: 天夏智慧, listed on stock market (000662), whose chairman is Tony Xia.

The child company: 天夏信息技术, translated as Tian Xia tech info ltd., which is funded 100% by the parent company. 

Note that these companies are different from the companies in the UK. They are registered in China.

image.png.8537f643433dcbb8cf34cfda8c78cca3.png

I think this is really interesting (and I like organisation charts ?), but could you explain how the company structure in blue is connected to the company structure in green? I see that there are two red arrows pointing from Xia to the parent and child co, but I don't get how the child co is connected to the green part.

And regarding what you said about this being the chinese companies and not the UK ones, do you know who (one of these companies?) it is that owns the UK firm Recon Football Limited (where Tony, Ho and Wyness are directors)?

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

You're Not Ho are you? Tony's right hand man :)

No. I am not. I am just a Villa fan.

42 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Could you just confirm where en.reconig.com (Recon) sits in the diagram you provided? Is it the box above Recon Sports? If so what are in between that and the arrow pointed at Xia in the pic? Cheers bud

http://www.reconig.com/mobile/page.php?mod=detail&id=9 this is an out-dated summary of RECON group.

RECON group includes some boxes (in terms of shares), including three market-listed companies and the RECON holding company (the one above RECON sports). There are many others on the 'tree' but not shown in the 'box chart' - they are quite small in size though. Some of them are related to filming industry, which Xia wanted to get into in US market but failed eventually. 

The one in between is an investment company, which is just a structure rather than a real company.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Simon Chadwick has really cornered the market on Chinese sports experts. 

He calls himself "Professor" which is red flag number 1. No real respected Academic presents themselves as "Professor" on social media.

He's also at Salford - Wasn't that originally a Polytechnic? When I lived in England all you needed to be a Professor at a Poly was an 'O' level, a couple of C.S.E's and a cardigan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think this is really interesting (and I like organisation charts ?), but could you explain how the company structure in blue is connected to the company structure in green? I see that there are two red arrows pointing from Xia to the parent and child co, but I don't get how the child co is connected to the green part.

And regarding what you said about this being the chinese companies and not the UK ones, do you know who (one of these companies?) it is that owns the UK firm Recon Football Limited (where Tony, Ho and Wyness are directors)?

Thanks!

The blue and green parts are connected simply by Xia. Xia is the chairman of 000662 (the listed company at the top). He was also the president of 000662 but he resigned in April claiming that he had too many things to do. He owns major shares in two holding companies (those two below 20%/80% line), which are major shareholder of the other two listed companies at the bottom (600186/002692).

If you mean which company directly owns the UK firm, then none I believe. But all of them are linked, just like how the blue part is linked with green part. They are all assets, parts of a group, serving for the same capitalism purpose. :)

I bloody love the two opposing sides - the UK fans shouting give us some transparency, and the Chinese trying to diagram some transparency, leading to multiple questions and further confusion.  Well done to both sides - I am all for foreign ownership and us trying to find common ground and understanding. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

No. I am not. I am just a Villa fan.

http://www.reconig.com/mobile/page.php?mod=detail&id=9 this is an out-dated summary of RECON group.

RECON group includes some boxes (in terms of shares), including three market-listed companies and the RECON holding company (the one above RECON sports). There are many others on the 'tree' but not shown in the 'box chart' - they are quite small in size though. Some of them are related to filming industry, which Xia wanted to get into in US market but failed eventually. 

The one in between is an investment company, which is just a structure rather than a real company.

Thank you. I get it now :)

38 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thanks!

All UK firms are owned directly by xia and a structure to spread money around and new ventures. If want to see all firms/listings that is under xia check at my twitter feed as I have them on there. Feel free to share on here as I can't work out how to get photos on the site from my tablet haha 

53 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would it be a fair appraisal to consider him the worst owner in the clubs history at this stage?

Jesus - youre even covering your bets !

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I bloody love the two opposing sides - the UK fans shouting give us some transparency, and the Chinese trying to diagram some transparency, leading to multiple questions and further confusion.  Well done to both sides - I am all for foreign ownership and us trying to find common ground and understanding. 

Must say its been really great learning via @deisler123 this evening and thank him for all his effort in helping us idiots understand Chinese company structure or conglomerates. Cheers :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok, so please tell me you recognise how on one hand you are pro tony and the other, ridiculing Tony. 

I don't think I'm pro or anti. Maybe more anti these past few days as I've felt let down. I was sceptical when he first came due to stories etc and then it was a case of supporting him until I had reasons too. In between then and now I've called out the bs like him sticking with Bruce (let's not start that ha) and praising for the good stuff. The last few weeks have give me cause to look back at some of the stuff he said would happen and then the last few days it has felt like we've been had. I'll tel you. I don't trust him. I think he's well intended (I hope) has been naive, I think also exaggerated wealth and ambition, some of his tweets have been unwise and some embarrassing (like telling Holloway to **** off or whatever he said) on reflection I think he's oversold and under delivered at best and at worst has been reckless with our club and I'm pissed about that. Then you see him go made when we win v Boro and you want to root for the guy. So yes I've been torn over the two years. Now I just want him to sell up and from what 8 hear (which I won't and can't say) is its best all round if he does. Make sense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

I don't think I'm pro or anti. Maybe more anti these past few days as I've felt let down. I was sceptical when he first came due to stories etc and then it was a case of supporting him until I had reasons too. In between then and now I've called out the bs like him sticking with Bruce (let's not start that ha) and praising for the good stuff. The last few weeks have give me cause to look back at some of the stuff he said would happen and then the last few days it has felt like we've been had. I'll tel you. I don't trust him. I think he's well intended (I hope) has been naive, I think also exaggerated wealth and ambition, some of his tweets have been unwise and some embarrassing (like telling Holloway to **** off or whatever he said) on reflection I think he's oversold and under delivered at best and at worst has been reckless with our club and I'm pissed about that. Then you see him go made when we win v Boro and you want to root for the guy. So yes I've been torn over the two years. Now I just want him to sell up and from what 8 hear (which I won't and can't say) is its best all round if he does. Make sense 

Well I think given the info available over the last 3 days then it's entirely fair not to know where you stand, it has been a whirlwind. But you finish certain, saying he should sell up given what you have heard. We have had numerous connected people state that Tony should sell up, given what they know, but what they all have in common is that they do not own the club, and they can talk as much as they wish but they cannot talk something into being. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I can see you have had mixed feelings with Xia... He just always stays in your mind, doesn't he.

Conclusion - you have been romantically nourished.?

Yes exactly that, I'm beyond nourished ha!! I'm sure he's a good bloke and a great mind. Just not sure I want him as sole owner of my club anymore. Who knows around a good CEO who knows football and UK tax laws he maybe fine haha 

Edited by TheEgo

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well I think given the info available over the last 3 days then it's entirely fair not to know where you stand, it has been a whirlwind. But you finish certain, saying he should sell up given what you have heard. We have had numerous connected people state that Tony should sell up, given what they know, but what they all have in common is that they do not own the club, and they can talk as much as they wish but they cannot talk something into being. 

This I indeed true. I know its out of my control and what will be will be. I just like talking about it on twitter, same as Bruce or match day. I'm not sat here rocking and crying, I'm still having fun with my children, life doesn't stop etc. I've stayed off forums for a good while now but I read here everyday and wanted to pick @Deisler123 brain 

11 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yes exactly that. I'm sure he's a good bloke and a great mind. Just not sure I want him as sole owner of my club anymore. Who knows around a good CEO who knows football and UK tax laws he maybe fine haha 

In our finest hour and a half in the History of our great club....We had arguably the worst chairman of all.....perhaps there is a parallel there somewhere.

In the cold light of day, we just want them to run the thing and pay the bills......and a tickle for the odd player, might come in handy.

I do not expect an owner to have to fund it,to keep it afloat, some liquidity for players to be paid back yeah,....if he does have to ,something is clearly wrong....If Tony has been doing that he is culpable of having us on a life support machine

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â