Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

47 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

It’s not 2 weeks since we lost. It makes sense Xia didn’t input cash a single as he assumed we’d go up and would have PL money to wheel and deal with. Wyness has bumped the VAT to make us look bad and it seems Xia has now sorted funding. Hopefully that soon right anyway! Panic over. 

Until we hear anything more concrete this is pretty much my take. Cash access is probably tight but I think the exporting restrictions are being oversold. Due to lack of cash Tony was banking on promotion and being able to call down against PL cash to pay the bills. Now that hasn't happened he's had to workaround the lack of cash with loans through the tangled web of businesses. 

Not great, but not completely disastrous. I'm sure we'll see as the summer progresses. 

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

It isn't. I was just confirming it was his company 

But it wasn't - I mean, you brought it up, asking what @Deisler123 knew about it - and it is not something on anyone's radar - why did you mention it?

Edited by Jareth

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

But it wasn't - I mean, you brought it up, asking what @Deisler123 knew about it - and it is not something on anyone's radar - why did you mention it?

I think he mentioned it to see if I knew something about this so I can reassure him that Samuelson or people like him is no where near Villa now for a potential take-over. I didn't know much about this unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spending-much-aston-villa-could-14754146#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Why spending too much on Aston Villa could land Tony Xia with the police

The Aston Villa chairman has to do what he is told in China, or he could end up detained by police like Wolves Guo Guangchang

Guo Guangchang, the new owner of Wolves

t was not clear why police had detained him and Fosun declined to speculate about the details of the investigation.

However, Sally Yim, senior credit officer at Moody's Investors Service, said: "Guo is one of the high-profile Chinese entrepreneurs and this incident will raise eyebrows among foreign regulators, as Fosun has been aggressively expanding its global insurance footprint. But it is too early to say how this incident will impact Fosun's operations."

Mr Guo had earlier been linked to a corruption court case.

Simon Chadwick is professor of Sports Enterprise at Salford University, and is an expert in Chinese investment in football.

He explained that Mr Xia would have to abide by state protocols.

JS92649757.jpg

But why not Blues?

Well, Tony Xia, much like the individuals linked to Inter Milan and others, is from mainland China.

The control placed on capital outflows within mainland China is absolute.

However, Paul Suen and Trillion Trophy Asia , the company which owns Birmingham City, is linked to Hong Kong.

While that is technically part of China, the state controls on capital flows are less rigid, which is why many Chinese companies seek to list there and receive international investment.

That gives the Blues heirarchy more freedom, according to Prof Chadwick.

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

I hope anyone here could help me with this:

Where was the source of the 'unpaid tax bill' (the very first place where it was reported) and when was it released on 5th June?

* A link to the source would be nice. Thanks.

@MarkKleinmanSky 16:36pm Tues 5 June 18

Exclusive: Aston Villa Football Club suspends CEO Keith Wyness less than a fortnight after Championship play-off final defeat and amid suggestions that HMRC has served a winding-up order against Villa, one of England's oldest professional football clubs, for missing tax payment.

He was the exclusive and the rest went from there. 

You're Not Ho are you? Tony's right hand man :)

Thanks for all the info earlier. Could you just confirm where en.reconig.com (Recon) sits in the diagram you provided? Is it the box above Recon Sports? If so what are in between that and the arrow pointed at Xia in the pic? Cheers bud

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would you rather us go into administration and/or be liquidated so it can help prove your point?

Do you think only frauds/con men, unsuccessful business men have cash flow issues?

I'm certain you are intelligent enough to know how businesses work.

The route you are trying to go down is to intimate that he has fleeced the club and is a shady business man.

Many a business has even gone as far as bankruptcy and come back stronger than previously.

It appears it is actually you who just sees what you want to.

By how some of you are going on it would appear we have been making hidden profits and they have been funneled to China ffs.

How is it that the fact we have been a huge loss maker for years on top of years only valid when it is convenient?

How can you say you want a sustainable club but moan when sugar daddy can't afford our favourite toys when we want them anymore?

As well as pretend as if the result had had no bearing on it?

It's a conflict of interest.

Ho about aim some of your anger at the manager?

Why so defensive and protective over the bloke running your club into the ground? Lerner used to get the same, never understood it. 

The anger isn't over some made up belief that he is fleecing us. The anger is that once again we have been purchased by someone with no clue, talking rubbish in public and damaging the club long term with the terrible decisions they make. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, Paul Suen and Trillion Trophy Asia , the company which owns Birmingham City, is linked to Hong Kong.

While that is technically part of China, the state controls on capital flows are less rigid, which is why many Chinese companies seek to list there and receive international investment.

That gives the Blues heirarchy more freedom, according to Prof Chadwick.

Dr Xia better start something in Hong Kong pronto then to give him the same pipeline.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Simon Chadwick has really cornered the market on Chinese sports experts. 

There are a few others ive been speaking with on twitter in the past few days. I can fish out the names if you want them? 

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

hahahahaha. This is a perfect example of lazy journalism. 

First, talked about a story of Guo and his past investigation by govnt. Then quoted an earlier interview today with a Professor who commented on currency control policy in China. 

Then trying to implying that these two are potentially linked.

Check out the title: image.thumb.png.8198d439ba3de6561189aeecb63f4900.png

WTF? 

No surprise there lol.

Just sharing the story, don't shot the messenger ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I think he mentioned it to see if I knew something about this so I can reassure him that Samuelson or people like him is no where near Villa now for a potential take-over. I didn't know much about this unfortunately.

It was out of curiosity as you seemed so clued up. Nothing behind it glady. As they are super shady (imo) 

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would it be a fair appraisal to consider him the worst owner in the clubs history at this stage?

For me it will always be Lerner after he stuck two fingers up at every single villa fan by appointing Mcleish. 

• Like 3

Â