Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What I would like to know is how Steve Hollis fell for it hook,line, and sinker. Lerner was a idiot and would have sold to anyone by then but Hollis was/is a respected businessman.

Hollis was an idiot though, people on here licking his arse as if he did a great job for us. Seen people suggest him as Director of Football at one stage. crazy times 😂😂😂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There was a good few of us on here who knew that any involvement from Samuelson would end in tears. Unfortunately the EFL were so useless/comfortable with corruption in the game.

I remember a lot of people saying any involvement involving Samuelson would be dodgy and how right they were. 

That documentary was a real eye opener. 

When I went to Cyprus a couple of years ago they were moaning about all the Russians there. Sounds like they've all paid bribes for Cypriot Passports. 

I laughed when the presenter said Villa fans would be suprised that Xia was just a front man.  Err,  no, that's been obvious from the word go.  We were SO lucky to get out of that in one piece.  

The EFL really need to be taken to task over this as well, they are clearly turning a blind eye to a lot of dodgy goings on.  I suspect many EFL clubs are just money laundering vehicles. Government needs to get more involved in this.  Blues would definitely be part of this as well. 

• Like 3

While I'm sure there is a lot to take from this documentary and it exposes the murky world of club ownership, I can tell you that I've seen others done by Al Jazira Investigations that relate to the industry that I work in that were really embellished and edited to drive their narrative.

But it was pretty apparent that Dr. Tony was a con man. The Recon website was amateur (filled with stock photos) and there was hardly any substantive news on the web about a supposed multi-billion dollar company. We all wanted to believe...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

While I'm sure there is a lot to take from this documentary and it exposes the murky world of club ownership, I can tell you that I've seen others done by Al Jazira Investigations that relate to the industry that I work in that were really embellished and edited to drive their narrative.

But it was pretty apparent that Dr. Tony was a con man. The Recon website was amateur (filled with stock photos) and there was hardly any substantive news on the web about a supposed multi-billion dollar company. We all wanted to believe...

Al Jazira is funded by the Qatar government so naturally I'm skeptical of it. 

It just boils my piss that men like Samuleson, who went to expensive schools and made the right connections are allowed to rip the guts out of something that is so precious to so many - just for their own personal gain. He should be set upon by a mob of supporters from Reading & Aston Villa. He almost destroyed us and he wouldn't have batted an eyelash.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how embellished it can be.  The actual video footage was quite damning.  Samuelson and his partner were quite boastful about their underhanded ways. 

I'm convinced money laundering must be rife.  You have to ask why so many people seem to be going to these lengths to hide their ownership.  They're obviously not going to be above board types. 

• Like 1

They said Samuelson made just under £4m in total from his involvement with us, including some money from a transfer that he facilitated. I wondered if the transfer was Tishibola's from Reading, given Samuelson's previous association with that club.

• Like 3

Strange that they had Rongian He on, but all they had him do was point out some people on a photo and say what they had to eat, would have been interesting to hear more what he had to say about Xia and his time with us. Judging by his twitter he seems to be stil involved with football and doing well, or at least whatever it is that he's doing it's attracting high profile names

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

They said Samuelson made just under £4m in total from his involvement with us, including some money from a transfer that he facilitated. I wondered if the transfer was Tishibola's from Reading, given Samuelson's previous association with that club.

I'm sure it was that transfer, it was so utterly disproportionate to his actual market value. He would have been expensive at 20% of the price.

Edited by HanoiVillan

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sure it was that transfer, it was so utterly disproportionate to his actual market value. He would expensive at 20% of the price.

Amazed its never been investigated, not many players actually go for 5 million on Championship especially one who never got a sniff of top flight football 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Good point. £5 million was ridiculous as I don't even think he was a regular for Reading. No more than a £1-2 million player imo.

Â