Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

And Xia,as I recall, had a pre-agreed arrangement with Lerner for further monies to go to Lerner depending on promotions etc.

Lerner would get an extra £30 million if we got promoted within 3 seasons.

So if we get promoted this season, will Sawiris and Edens still need to pay Lerner? or is that deal dead with the sale from Xia to Sawiris?

Edited by ender4

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So if we get promoted this season, will Sawiris and Edens still need to pay Lerner? or is that deal dead with the sale from Xia to Sawiris?

I thought it was £20 million and two seasons. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So if we get promoted this season, will Sawiris and Edens still need to pay Lerner? or is that deal dead with the sale from Xia to Sawiris

Probably as I would imagine that it is a contractual liability for the club rather then the owner. Xia would have agreed to it as an authorised representative of AVFC. 

I vaguely remember Xia saying something about it being a sliding scale over 3 seasons. Lerner would get less the longer it took us to get promoted. Would be about 10m if we got promoted this year. 

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I thought it was £20 million and two seasons. 

I thought two years as well, not sure on the amount though.

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It was definitely £20m and it was definitely 2 seasons. 

Randy Lerner has left the building. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:28, sidcow said:

He owns 45% of the issued share  capital. He will always own 45% of the company. 

However the other 2 can buy those shares off him for whatever he is willing to sell them for. He can sell them for £1 or £1bn if they offer it. I suspect however the price is pre agreed and written into the deal. 

Sorry but not correct. If the new owners invest 100 mill in new equity (and not new debt), they will receive new shares and Xia will not (as he is not investing). This leads to a dilution of Xia and hence a reduction of his ownership stake (i.e. it becomes significantly lower than the current 45%).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hughes said:

Sorry but not correct. If the new owners invest 100 mill in new equity (and not new debt), they will receive new shares and Xia will not (as he is not investing). This leads to a dilution of Xia and hence a reduction of his ownership stake (i.e. it becomes significantly lower than the current 45%).

I don't think the original query related to new share capital being issued. I think it related to injecting cash through nefarious means. That's the way I read it anyway. 

18 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Haha, nah not ITK, I'd forgotten all about this but yeah when you look back it was fairly obvious wasn't it?!

I made a similar comment around the same time myself, about him maybe not actually having any money. Either it was really obvious or psychic thoughts are a lot more common than we think.

On 29/07/2018 at 00:25, sidcow said:

I don't think the original query related to new share capital being issued. I think it related to injecting cash through nefarious means. That's the way I read it anyway. 

The nefarious Dr X and his diabolical dilution injection

• Haha 1

According to the latest Pride Rewards advert, “Sitting with Xia” is still an option. ?

The lack of attention to detail from our media and publishing teams is astonishing.  I mean, last season, even the kids’ wordsearch in the programme had mistakes in it week after week!

30 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

According to the latest Pride Rewards advert, “Sitting with Xia” is still an option. ?

The lack of attention to detail from our media and publishing teams is astonishing.  I mean, last season, even the kids’ wordsearch in the programme had mistakes in it week after week!

unfortunately it now means that he comes round and joins you on your sofa as you watch the game on a dodgy stream

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

unfortunately it now means that he comes round and joins you on your sofa as you watch the game on a dodgy stream

Tell you what I bought one of the VR headsets for PS4 when they were on offer simply to watch the World Cup Games on the VR App.

It was brilliant and felt like you had a prime seat in the Stadium.  Though there was some blue computer generated Dude wandering around that scared the shite out of me when he suddenly appeared next to me on the virtual sofa.

If they Did this for Villa Games I would seriously consider a subscription, as flying over all the time is too expensive.

• Like 1

Â