Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Who the fack is Naseef and Wes??

Rich and successful men. Nassef is the richest Arab in the world ($6.7 billion) and Wes is worth like 2 and half Lerner's (AKA. $2.3 billion).. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if he might have some sort of deal which would allow him to be able to have a part to play in future development with Recon or whatever?

Birmingham City area and such I mean.

Recon were never real players, they don't even update their website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Who the fack is Naseef and Wes??

Sounds like an 80's rap act to be fair.  Didn't they do "Paid in Full"? 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

vqp15y.jpg

I guess this was Dr Tony’s last throw of the dice, pawning off the silverware. I saw this driving back home through Kingswinford this week, couldn’t help but take a pic whilst at the lights! ?

Somebody must have already bought the Peace Cup from us ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't you think this was the consortium which financed the Dr in the first place. An now they have decided to take over the financial side of the club demoting the Dr to Co Chairman:detect:

No

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't you think this was the consortium which financed the Dr in the first place. An now they have decided to take over the financial side of the club demoting the Dr to Co Chairman:detect:

The Dr’s previous statement said he was looking at lots of different offers. Would be trans to consider diluting ownership when they have so much money themselves.

And why would they bother teaming up wit the Dr in the first place? They’re not short on cash, if they wanted to act as a consortium you’d think they’d back someone with more football experience?

I wonder if the new guys are just there to provide finance ? 55% covers there investment - but Xia still runs the club and they have power of veto ?  - without a CEO thats how it looks right now (early days I know) 

On 20/07/2018 at 19:52, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if he might have some sort of deal which would allow him to be able to have a part to play in future development with Recon or whatever?

Birmingham City area and such I mean.

They've said he'll be allowed a go in the digger as long as he buys his own Hi Viz

20 hours ago, hippo said:

I wonder if the new guys are just there to provide finance ? 55% covers there investment - but Xia still runs the club and they have power of veto ?  - without a CEO thats how it looks right now (early days I know) 

No he doesn't.  Sawaris is the executive Chairman and holds the power and Xia will be there in name only until the regulatory details can be covered off for a full takeover. 

Xia can veto nothing unless one of the other guys sides with him against their partner, which is highly unlikely. 

Xia is yesterday's man. 

Expect to see a new CEO appointed shortly and Xia will have no input into that. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â