Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

27 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I agree and I think it is fair to call him a 'chancer', as buying Villa straight after relegation was a highly risky business decision, but with high gain potentially. Taking chances has always been a part of his business model - he buys and sells assets all the time, and make profit from that.

Sadly he is not someone who is wealthy enough now - he used to be quite close to a billionaire (in pounds) back in 2015-2016 but now he is nowhere near that. He (or the people he hires) seems to make awful decisions. The financial difficulty of this club was resulted from many years' mismanagement, and making radical and unwise moves on transfer market over the two summers made that worse. He must have known the consequence of not getting promotion a long time ago, but he (or his people) still did it. 

In fact, as soon as our last summer's transfer has done, it was the time that has already been too late to do anything about this. The only possible way out of this was to 1) get promotion or 2) sell players to cut spending. We didn't get promotion so we ended up with this mess now. I am not trying to say, by any means, that everything will be fine if we got promotion. But those decisions made on the transfer market over the last two seasons, i.e. gambling on promotion, were detrimental to this club.

Cheers for that. The thing that I find most remarkable is He and Wyness both came out and said this club was in a mess (prior to their arrival) and many poor decisions had been made off the field and on with transfers and overpaying etc and said THEY wouldn't be making the same mistakes and THEN went on to exactly repeat the previous mistakes, that shows a serious lack of understanding of A. His business and B. The football industry in general. For me, at best, he's a very naive business man that over relied on people who then let him down whilst he had his eye off the ball and a worst a complete fantasist that has delusions of grandeur and has knowingly deceived people..........or somewhere in the middle (which is often the case)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

David platt, bought from crewe

Dwight Yorke, bought from some random carribean team id assume 

Gareth Barry, bought from Brighton. 

It seems we don't need to necessarily develop our own players but rather be more savvy in picking them up whilst young, just as spurs have done over recent years. 

perhaps our interpretations are slightly different.

They were all developed at Body Moor Heath.....my point was they did not arrive as the finished article.

but your final line, is exactly what I was getting at.

• Like 1

So, Ho is negotiating deals on loans for the club with Sir John Beckwith CBE  CEO of Puma Ltd

Its like Keith Lemmon negotiating Brexit.

Wake me up out of this nightmare.

ps its like me getting in the ring with Anthony Joshua.

Edited by TRO

I'd say from the noise around the club that it's clear Xia hasn't been putting in his own money (he's allowed to put 13m a year into the club) without this it makes FFP much harder to meet so I have joined the Xia out crew.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

So, Ho is negotiating deals on loans for the clubwith Sir John Beckwith CBE  CEO of Puma Ltd

Loans for the club? **** hell. Probably securing them against the ground. It's ok though, as soon as we get promoted we will be fine. The guy is a clown.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

So, Ho is negotiating deals on loans for the clubwith Sir John Beckwith CBE  CEO of Puma Ltd

If you don't laugh, you'll cry, but this did just make me laugh TRO, if only it wasn't real eh?!

Edited by TheEgo

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

If you don't laugh, you'll cry, but this did just make me laugh TRO, if only it wasn't real eh?!

so where's the laughing emoji?

are you saving them all up for when we declare a PLAN?

28 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

I'd say from the noise around the club that it's clear Xia hasn't been putting in his own money (he's allowed to put 13m a year into the club) without this it makes FFP much harder to meet so I have joined the Xia out crew.

Question is......has HE actually got any.

He seems to be just a front man for somebody or other?

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

so where's the laughing emoji?

are you saving them all up for when we declare a PLAN?

I laughed internally, but yes, IF and WHEN Xia formulates a plan, then I'm sure it will be laughable.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Question is......has HE actually got any.

He seems to be just a front man for somebody or other?

The Answer to this is clearly NO. You don't seek investment whilst admitting investment won't make a difference to FFP or spending on players. He's seeking investment as he's a fantasist and thinks people are lining up to give him several millions for no say in a struggling Championship club, run by a guy with a track record of failed businesses. He's saving face and whats out. He's just 'trying' to keep his price as high as possible. You offer 80m and he'll bite your arm off. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

In fairness, Keith Lemon would do a far better job negotiating Brexit than the current batch of turbomongs.

When/if  we sell the club, we must make it clear.....no more Turbomongs?

1 hour ago, hippo said:

He had been trying to sell the club for a number years before he officially put it up for sale. Like Xia now his asking price was to high initially. Randy took a massive loss on Villa, but he purchased us with solid cash - whilst it may have been painful to lose all the cash - the cash was his to lose.

I believe to a greater or lesser extent Xia used borrowed cash, a realistic sale price for the club now wouldn't cover that borrowing, Xia can not afford to sell us IMO thats the only reason he is still here.

3 options:-

1. Out of the blue some someone offers £80m for a club that might at best be worth £40m

2.We go into administration and Xia is forced to sell

3.The club becomes so poor and so loss making - that xia cuts his losses and lowers the asking price

Sadly 2 & 3 are much more likely than 1 !

As you say, a lot depends on whether Xia is prepared to write off whatever he has put into the club and walk away with a quid in exchange for someone else taking on the debt or wants to hang on as long as possible whilst hoping a bigger fool comes along.  The longer he hangs on the less will be left for the next owner to work with and the longer and more expensive the climb back.

It is entirely possible (and indeed probable) that selling at a massive loss is no worse for Xia than selling/hocking whatever isn’t nailed down to delay what will become an inevitable admin.  And at least the latter offers him the remote chance of something/someone turning up to save him and (if he is that way inclined - our “bad” owners tended to be)  a bit of time to do some side deals to extract what he can from what’s left of the club to slightly mitigate his losses.  Side deals on a Villa Park sale, that sort of thing.

If that’s the case it could get messy very soon and makes getting a Xia out campaign up and running a priority.  Personal shaming and financial pressure are the only two weapons you have.  Whilst we couldn’t get a boycott of games going on a scale we tried.  Anything that brings financial matters to a head sooner rather than later can only be a good thing for you.  A swift admin might be better for you than Xia selling all your assets leaving an absolute wreck behind for whoever steps in eventually to sort things out.

Edited by WaccoeOnline

1 hour ago, paul1984 said:

I've explained before that this is completely wrong. There is no limit how much money an owner can "put in" t oa club. There is a limit of 8 million per year of money for shares an owner can contribute which can be counted as apermitted allowance  to write off losses for the purposes of FFP.

But on the wider point, you're dead right to want Xia gone. The bloke's a menace and a major impediment to the club surviving in any kind of healthy state.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've explained before that this is completely wrong. There is no limit how much money an owner can "put in" t oa club. There is a limit of 8 million per year of money for shares an owner can contribute which can be counted as apermitted allowance  to write off losses for the purposes of FFP.

But on the wider point, you're dead right to want Xia gone. The bloke's a menace and a major impediment to the club surviving in any kind of healthy state.

I think this much has become evident.

I think furthermore, he holds no bounds for where he will take us to, to get himself out of the ****

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He has made me utterly disinterested in Villa. It’s a complete circus. It has stopped being about football and I’m sick of having to hear about how screwed we are and cuts and selling our best players and being utterly stagnant. What’s the point of supporting Villa???

I’m done until this crap is over. What’s the point of supporting a team “through thick and thin” when it’s only ever terrible, it’s out of our control, we don’t even matter and we are just watching some alleged billionaire destroy his new toy because he doesn’t get how it works?

I’ve never felt so detached from the club and it breaks my heart. I think right now I despise Xia more than Randy. Randy cocked up but he at least knew when to call it a day...

I haven't lost interest in Villa.....I have lost interest and have complete disdain for owners.

Â