Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Sorry bud, not going to get involved in speaking about any of that stuff. This place is very unforgiving, I'll leave it to others to share what they may know ?

Next Tuesday then? 

5 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have already asked The Ego about his posts hinting at `takeovers' and `big news' but just a deafening silence on those subjects.

Sorry mate!! In the words of Westlife, I've realised in here it's best when you say nothing at all ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Sorry bud, not going to get involved in speaking about any of that stuff. This place is very unforgiving, I'll leave it to others to share what they may know ?

Don't blame you at all.

• Like 1

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2018/07/how-spurs-became-club-should-have-been.html

How Tottenham became the club Villa should’ve been

Sad but true ain't it?

At the very least we could/should have been on par with Everton.

We are certainly the short straw drawing Champions of Football.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2018/07/how-spurs-became-club-should-have-been.html

Sad but true ain't it?

One of my best mates is a Spurs fan. I didn't click the link but we have this conversation all the time sadly.

The thing that is most sad but true to me in all this is watching Leeds and Portsmouth happen and then doing the same thing anyway. After voting against FFP. Just crazy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sad but true ain't it?

Location, location, location.

There will always be someone to step in a save a london club. For Villa not so much - although I want Xia gone the next owner will probably be an overseas unknown chasing sky money. 

Dr Loony Out.

• Like 1

Please take a look at the tweet below, but more importantly the write up by the guy mentioned in the tweet "@wayne_cas" (I believe his registered here and awaiting authorisation) Nailed it for me and it deserves a wider audience. Give it a read.....

Edited by TheEgo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have already asked The Ego about his posts hinting at `takeovers' and `big news' but just a deafening silence on those subjects.

It's almost as if he doesn't actually know anything...... ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I think a lot of pressure here in the UK might make a lot more noise. I've read all that stuff over the last few days and it casts the view of a 'fantasist' and a 'chancer' which sadly i think that's exactly what he is. Ultimately to Villa's undoing. I hope now England are out of the WC that the media take a closer look and do some honest and reliable reporting. 

Media dont care about us. If we were top 6 or London club they might

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

I think a lot of pressure here in the UK might make a lot more noise. I've read all that stuff over the last few days and it casts the view of a 'fantasist' and a 'chancer' which sadly i think that's exactly what he is. Ultimately to Villa's undoing. I hope now England are out of the WC that the media take a closer look and do some honest and reliable reporting. 

I agree and I think it is fair to call him a 'chancer', as buying Villa straight after relegation was a highly risky business decision, but with high gain potentially. Taking chances has always been a part of his business model - he buys and sells assets all the time, and make profit from that.

Sadly he is not someone who is wealthy enough now - he used to be quite close to a billionaire (in pounds) back in 2015-2016 but now he is nowhere near that. He (or the people he hires) seems to make awful decisions. The financial difficulty of this club was resulted from many years' mismanagement, and making radical and unwise moves on transfer market over the two summers made that worse. He must have known the consequence of not getting promotion a long time ago, but he (or his people) still did it. 

In fact, as soon as our last summer's transfer has done, it was the time that has already been too late to do anything about this. The only possible way out of this was to 1) get promotion or 2) sell players to cut spending. We didn't get promotion so we ended up with this mess now. I am not trying to say, by any means, that everything will be fine if we got promotion. But those decisions made on the transfer market over the last two seasons, i.e. gambling on promotion, were detrimental to this club.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I agree and I think it is fair to call him a 'chancer', as buying Villa straight after relegation was a highly risky business decision, but with high gain potentially. Taking chances has always been a part of his business model - he buys and sells assets all the time, and make profit from that.

Sadly he is not someone who is wealthy enough now - he used to be quite close to a billionaire (in pounds) back in 2015-2016 but now he is nowhere near that. He (or the people he hires) seems to make awful decisions. The financial difficulty of this club was resulted from many years' mismanagement, and making radical and unwise moves on transfer market over the two summers made that worse. He must have known the consequence of not getting promotion a long time ago, but he (or his people) still did it. 

In fact, as soon as our last summer's transfer has done, it was the time that has already been too late to do anything about this. The only possible way out of this was to 1) get promotion or 2) sell players to cut spending. We didn't get promotion so we ended up with this mess now. I am not trying to say, by any means, that everything will be fine if we got promotion. But those decisions made on the transfer market over the last two seasons, i.e. gambling on promotion, were detrimental to this club.

Personally, i think you are right about the transfer market.....i have been underwhelmed by our transfer activity for c 10 years.

in the main i have been unimpressed by successive managers making lazy signings with what appears to be a lack of research, our successes of the past have come from prudent recruiting of modest fee's and developing that raw talent in to a fighting unit.

We have paid through the nose for far too many players....plus the effectiveness of those players has been questionable and yes we have paid too higher wages.

prudency is key moving forward and we have to develop our own stars, like David Platt and Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry etc.

The suicidal route had to halt....unfortunately our hand has been forced to.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I know it's not the thread for it but f*** Randy Lerner. He'd clearly realised that we weren't going anywhere under his leadership years ago, probably shortly after MON left. At that stage there was still no FFP. Why not just put the club up for sale then? Why allow club culture to become so rotten that we get relegated and then sell to a chancer when we're at our lowest and most vulnerable point? He probably lost a stack of money by waiting as well. Madness.

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I know it's not the thread for it but f*** Randy Lerner. He'd clearly realised that we weren't going anywhere under his leadership years ago, probably shortly after MON left. At that stage there was still no FFP. Why not just put the club up for sale then? Why allow club culture to become so rotten that we get relegated and then sell to a chancer when we're at our lowest and most vulnerable point? He probably lost a stack of money by waiting as well. Madness.

I think it makes sense to mention Lerner in contrast to Tony. There's been some complete gushing about ol Randy, but he got this club relegated. I'm not happy about the current situation but the current owner has overseen a reversal of fortune, not that this will continue this summer. We need the next owner to go one better, but whoever comes next, Randy will forever be the guy who relegated us and I cannot say anything positive about that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally, i think you are right about the transfer market.....i have been underwhelmed by our transfer activity for c 10 years.

in the main i have been unimpressed by successive managers making lazy signings with what appears to be a lack of research, our successes of the past have come from prudent recruiting of modest fee's and developing that raw talent in to a fighting unit.

We have paid through the nose for far too many players....plus the effectiveness of those players has been questionable and yes we have played too higher wages.

prudency is key moving forward and we have to develop our own stars, like David Platt and Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry etc.

The suicidal route had to halt....unfortunately our hand has been forced to.

David platt, bought from crewe

Dwight Yorke, bought from some random carribean team id assume 

Gareth Barry, bought from Brighton. 

It seems we don't need to necessarily develop our own players but rather be more savvy in picking them up whilst young, just as spurs have done over recent years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

He had been trying to sell the club for a number years before he officially put it up for sale. Like Xia now his asking price was to high initially. Randy took a massive loss on Villa, but he purchased us with solid cash - whilst it may have been painful to lose all the cash - the cash was his to lose.

I believe to a greater or lesser extent Xia used borrowed cash, a realistic sale price for the club now wouldn't cover that borrowing, Xia can not afford to sell us IMO thats the only reason he is still here.

3 options:-

1. Out of the blue some someone offers £80m for a club that might at best be worth £40m

2.We go into administration and Xia is forced to sell

3.The club becomes so poor and so loss making - that xia cuts his losses and lowers the asking price

Sadly 2 & 3 are much more likely than 1 !

• Like 4

Â