Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Press coverage of Villa at the moment, in a nut shell - 

Aston Villa face further turmoil and prospect of another £4.5m bill, It can be revealed that later this month the troubled Midlanders will be hit with another £4.5m bill – comprising tax and wages - which beleaguered owner Dr Tony Xia must pay or risk the threat of another winding-up order.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/09/aston-villa-face-turmoil-prospect-another-45m-bill/

Villa have staved off the imminent threat of administration but are still facing further turmoil 

the club’s financial worries are mounting

Bruce's future remains uncertain due to the club’s dire finances.

though some sources insist there is now enough cash to tide the club over

AVFC's situation is very certainly colourful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Leeds' fan base were split in two during the reign of the most lunatic of our recent owners.  So many idiots believed the myth that Massimo Cellino was "a billionaire" that they couldn't imagine him doing anything wrong by the club and they reacted violently against those of us who saw from the outset that he was a fake and a fraud, with at best a few million to his name.  The worst of the Cellino defenders even set up their own "organisation" IMWT (In Massimo We Trust) which took the lunatic at his word and harassed and threatened those who questioned some of what was going on.  Our forum - Waccoe - was probably the only place properly safe from the quislings and collaborators who went above and beyond in sustaining belief in the fake wealth and capability of a bloke who was out of his depth and - very quickly - running the club even further into the ground than we were when he arrived on the scene.  

Cant believe there are still folk on your forum pushing the idea that Xia has billions, when what evidence there is out there suggests he has a few businesses that aren't particularly successful and that he might not himself fully control.  It seems laughable looking from the outside that Xia will deliver you anything but more misery, or that - when he sells - his intent will be anything other than minimising losses to himself, regardless of the impact on your club.

Totally this ^^^^^^^^^^^^ (Sadly)

Best we can hope for is he stabilises the club over the next few months - then shifts his bungling ass out of our club. Who will want is though heaven nows  - remember only Xia wanted it at £60m with the parachute money to come.  Worse case scenario is Xia stays and keeps the club afloat by continually assets, players, training ground, ground,  - sounds unthinkable now but lets wait and see ..

• Like 1

I was looking at reports of an emergency board meeting tomorrow to agree on funding and recovery plans going forward. Brum Mail in the same piece state it will cost £3m to pay off Bruce.

It is at least positive to see actions finally being taken (if a little late!).

I can't see us paying off Bruce at this time, not sure we have the cash available?

Edited by Darth Villa

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My understanding of the document, which is helpfully clarified by @deadlydion above, is that it amounts to a kind of 'absolutely final warning'. 

I remember living in a student house a few years ago, where we were notoriously terrible at opening post, and we had a big pile of it behind the door. One day a letter arrived on the pile, and there was no mistaking, from the red capital letters all over it, that this one was important in a way that others weren't. Upon opening, it told me that we had missed a council tax payment or two and that the bailiffs had been informed and would be around to the house shortly to recover whatever of value they could find. 

The following day I scooted along to the council offices, made a payment for a part of what we owed, and we never saw a bailiff. Something roughly analogous happened to Villa - the letter received wasn't the end of the business, but it was a necessary step towards ending the business if immediate steps weren't taken to remedy the situation. Villa notably sat down with HMRC within 24 or 48 hours to work out a deal to pay at least part of the missing tax. 

So you’re comparing the running of Aston Villa football club to a shambolic student household who never open the post?

I think that rather proves my point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

I was looking at reports if emergency board meeting tomorrow to agree on funding and recovery plans going forward. Brum Mail in the same piece state it will cost £3m to pay off Bruce.

I don't see us paying off Bruce at this time.

Whats positive about selling players and staff to cover debt and bills that need paying now ?

If your expecting a grand plan on the future of Aston Villa I fear you will be disapointed.  There will be no one present at that meeting capable of delivering such a plan IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Whats positive about selling players and staff to cover debt and bills that need paying now ?

If your expecting a grand plan on the future of Aston Villa I fear you will be disapointed.  There will be no one present at that meeting capable of delivering such a plan IMO.

@hippo my positive comment was referring to them actually getting their respective backsides into gear to look at what to do, not in expectation of an outstanding recovery plan.

We need to understand the outcome from that board meeting as we are still lacking any solid facts about a lot of things we've all been debating.

29 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

I was looking at reports of an emergency board meeting tomorrow to agree on funding and recovery plans going forward. Brum Mail in the same piece state it will cost £3m to pay off Bruce.

I can't see us paying off Bruce at this time, not sure we have the cash available?

I don't see the point of getting rid of Bruce.

Any new manager would want to work with his own staff so we would have to pay off Bruce and his team to then hire a new lot - why? We would have to look for an out of work manager anyway as we can't afford to compensate a club for one. 

Keep what we have for now and hope he can stabilise the playing side enough to keep us in the league until a time comes when we can kick on again. 

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I don't see the point of getting rid of Bruce.

Any new manager would want to work with his own staff so we would have to pay off Bruce and his team to then hire a new lot - why? We would have to look for an out of work manager anyway as we can't afford to compensate a club for one. 

Keep what we have for now and hope he can stabilise the playing side enough to keep us in the league until a time comes when we can kick on again. 

I don't see Bruce going unless Bruce wants to go this summer for four reasons.

1, Stability in a time of change

2, Why spend 3 million to get rid.

3, We narrowly missed out on going up

4, What do we sell the vision as to a new manager for this season?

• Like 1

On 08/06/2018 at 18:32, A'Villan said:

Go on. It would be unwise to cling to false hope.

Part of what caught me off guard about you was your ruthless questioning of Deisler123 and desire to grasp what was happening to such detail. Admirable, and only highlights my ignorance in the way I was unsure of the motivation behind it.

And, thanks, same to you.

Sorry mate, busy weekend and not had a chance to reply. Re Deisler, he's a greatly knowledgeable guy in the ways none of us can comprehend when it comes to China and how it all goes. I like facts and yo understand, as opposed to sheer speculation. If I in anyway came across as aggressive to you @Deisler123 with my questions, I sincerely apologise. I'm super passionate about Villa and lept at the chance of your perspective. As a result I have a much clearer picture and a little more confidence in what I speak on. I ask a million questions in order to understand, always been my way. 

With regards to the initial point, I don't think we're out of the woods at all yet. Villa have done their best to say very little and what they have said is a little 'positive' PR that's all I see it as. This is a hugely worrying time and the next few weeks and months, could swing either way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

What if they don't? Given that, if they do both decide they want to go and we accept an offer I agree we seem to have little choice but to sell at the moment. We won't be happy bunnies if we do though. 

If it comes out they wanted to stay and were forced out then the fans will rightly be very angry. 

I just can’t see either of them would want to remain if have opportunities to play in the top flight.  The only reason I could see it in Chester’s case is it if he has a young family and didn’t want to unsettle their schooling or something. 

This is not me being negative as a certain poster has suggested. It’s just being realistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Villa said:

Is he not on a 1 year rolling contract.

Does that mean he has been earning £3m per year?

Good money for failing to do your job.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Right back at you. Might strongly disagree with you but hugs all round. We have to live through this hell together. 

Well said both. We all come from the right place and we ALL love Villa, why else would we spend hours and hours of our life watching, talking and basically breathing in Villa. We all need to stick together around here regardless of differing opinions. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I'l never forget Paul Lambert mate the absolute shithouse i emailed him a few years back as i had watched a then 19 year old playmaker called Hakim Ziyech he was available for 2.5mil he had played 8 games for Heerenveen at time and 4 assists.. i said he will go on to be world class and gave some points.

When i went email him again on offchance i found he had blocked my email and bounced back..

Ziyech is worth around £40mil now and one of the best players in Holland!! 

I went to Jamie Vardy academy yesterday and picked out 4 players out of the 42.. then saw on scout chat a few experiened scouts had picked same 4 as me lol!! so shows im getting right idea :)

I was two rows behind the Vardy's with Becky taking selfies all day 

34672368_10155622844846200_6771991909037

34782484_10155622832216200_9046971540960

34685364_10155622832476200_9142818267360

Hey 

Just to add my 2 cents. The advice given to you by @TheAuthorityis excellent, I'd go as far to say have a seperate business social profile to personal. The things mentioned are all essential if you wish to grab the attention. Equally if you were at St Mirren get your references, testimonials and add tohse to the website and also contact AV via official channel (club emails for the attention of Steve Round?) I'm not sure trying to get Xia's attention via twitter at the moment for a job, is going to work bud. Good luck though and if really serious, give the things mentioned a go. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon the correspondence around the missed payment probably contains information of the consequences of not making payment. 

Media turn this in to threats of a winding order. 

It's an automatic process if you miss a payment to give notice that you 'may' face a winding up notice if you don't pay by xyz date, which is often 5 to 7 days. The media are 100% correct, it is a threat of a winding up order, don't pay and the cease you trading and you're in administration. As much as I mostly dislike the press, there hasn't been any misreporting on that part of things. It's black and white.

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Press coverage of Villa at the moment, in a nut shell - 

Aston Villa face further turmoil and prospect of another £4.5m bill, It can be revealed that later this month the troubled Midlanders will be hit with another £4.5m bill – comprising tax and wages - which beleaguered owner Dr Tony Xia must pay or risk the threat of another winding-up order.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/09/aston-villa-face-turmoil-prospect-another-45m-bill/

Villa have staved off the imminent threat of administration but are still facing further turmoil 

the club’s financial worries are mounting

Bruce's future remains uncertain due to the club’s dire finances.

though some sources insist there is now enough cash to tide the club over

What part of those statements do you really think are wrong or exaggerated? They are all fair statements of this current situation. Sadly their is very little positive to report. 

4 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Leeds' fan base were split in two during the reign of the most lunatic of our recent owners.  So many idiots believed the myth that Massimo Cellino was "a billionaire" that they couldn't imagine him doing anything wrong by the club and they reacted violently against those of us who saw from the outset that he was a fake and a fraud, with at best a few million to his name.  The worst of the Cellino defenders even set up their own "organisation" IMWT (In Massimo We Trust) which took the lunatic at his word and harassed and threatened those who questioned some of what was going on.  Our forum - Waccoe - was probably the only place properly safe from the quislings and collaborators who went above and beyond in sustaining belief in the fake wealth and capability of a bloke who was out of his depth and - very quickly - running the club even further into the ground than we were when he arrived on the scene.  

Cant believe there are still folk on your forum pushing the idea that Xia has billions, when what evidence there is out there suggests he has a few businesses that aren't particularly successful and that he might not himself fully control.  It seems laughable looking from the outside that Xia will deliver you anything but more misery, or that - when he sells - his intent will be anything other than minimising losses to himself, regardless of the impact on your club.

Cheers for that, good insight from an outsider's perspective. Gotta agree with you too. I'd say anyone who has significant funds and business acumen, would have been taking steps to avoid this long before it happened. He (and Wyness) didn't as they saw being promoted as the answer.....Which is equally as worrying, as we'd still of been in trouble, just a little further along.

I don't believe he will stay (or really wants to) he just doesn't want to take a massive loss on this, so is hoping he can somehow get someone to pay him his bottom line, which if I were to guess I'd say is a 100m, which won't ever happen. 

We need to keep on eye on the next few days. Tomorrow's meeting in London and also we will see what the filing that was made to Companies House is all about on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I think something is afoot. Investment from outside the club or the start of a formal sale process. I'm taking a punt on either of those, but may be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

What part of those statements do you really think are wrong or exaggerated? They are all fair statements of this current situation. Sadly their is very little positive to report. 

When 90% of an article says villa are f*cked (in a plethora of ways sourced from a thesaurus) then a line at the very end says otherwise, I question the point of the article, other than to keep a press narrative going, days after anything last actually happened.  

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

When 90% of an article says villa are f*cked (in a plethora of ways sourced from a thesaurus) then a line at the very end says otherwise, I question the point of the article, other than to keep a press narrative going, days after anything last actually happened.  

Sure they are definitely eeking out columns when little has changed for the good or bad. I struggle personaly to disagree with any of the particular wording, seems spot on to me, but yes, I get the point in there been no need to keep saying it. It's a story though and at a particularly quiet time until the WC starts that is. No one outside us and the local Journos will give a shit in a week. Collymore has already moved on in his typical 'dump and run way' 

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

The Torygraph article actually says:

...though some sources insist there is now enough cash to tide the club over until next month.

Rather than what was posted.

Â