Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Its all about confidence now. My fear is that come the end of the month we have another hurdle in terms of paying everyones wages. If however we can get a sense of calm back - then for sure we have to sell some players - but perhaps we can be in control of our destiny and get better prices for our players.

As for a takeover who is going bankroll £5m a month ? in addition to an asking price ?  - I don't think there will be many takers.  Short term we have to have hope that this was all down to Wyness managing Aston Villa finances like a lunatic - and that Xia gets a tighter grip on things (which is all a new owner could do)

Top half next season would be some achievement.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Every Cloud has a silver lining.....I think maybe a change of direction has been forced on us and all could be for the better in due curse......The lord moves in mysterious ways.

" Do you want to bet against us"?

I like the sentiment and I am with you on that one.

However the world is a vast place and is made up of all sorts of possibilities and outcomes.

I think our identity has taken a battering that will take some serious leadership, guidance, commitment and most importantly honest intentions in regard to building a club fans can be proud to be a part of, before we see any real success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah - The Moxley story in the Mirror read like Wyness had dictated it to him.

Let alone Simon Jordan's twitter charm offensive and his comments the night before the tax stuff hit the news. 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

The amount of vitriol directed at Tony is quite embarrassing. He's failed alright, but I still think his intentions have always been the best. It's a bloody shame he put his trust in Wyness, Round and whatever other "football people" we have employed. 

AAco.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, irishmangiant said:

Interesting that all of a sudden the money stops the month of the playoff final.

Yeah.....seems like plan.

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

The amount of vitriol directed at Tony is quite embarrassing. He's failed alright, but I still think his intentions have always been the best. It's a bloody shame he put his trust in Wyness, Round and whatever other "football people" we have employed. 

Replace the word tony with randy and this is exactly the kind of weak defence that used to be posted about him.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Sadly it confirms what we all know deep in our gut. Football is filled with chancers, and people of really dubious character. There's so much money involved now (compared to pre-'92) that it that attracts some very shady people. 

I wish it wasn't this way and we could just support our clubs, and the players that our academies develop. Alas that is a naive dream.

sadly, True

So Mark Ansell said "We rolled the dice and failed"

just about sums it up for me.

Edited by TRO

The chines government may not be involved - but the english one is

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/06/tom-watson-calls-on-government-to-suspend-moves-that-could-push-aston-villa-into-the-abyss/

he clock is ticking for Aston Villa. I think Villa fans and football supporters across the country deserve to know what steps the Government will be taking to protect our football clubs and our national game from those who threaten its long term future."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Replace the word tony with randy and this is exactly the kind of weak defence that used to be posted about him.

The main difference is that Randy stopped putting money in by choice, whereas Xia has had his hands tied behind his back by FFP and China.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The main difference is that Randy stopped putting money in by choice, whereas Xia has had his hands tied behind his back by FFP and China.

randy was by choice but was still very much down to FFP 

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Doesn't matter. He blew it. Bye Tony.

485.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rereading Tony's statement from the other day on the O/S it clearly reads that we are currently unsustainable and that things were going to have to change, and in particular people would be leaving, but it still talks about Villa being here and playing and a future. 

It doesnt feel like this kind of shitstorm was on his mind. 

It does feel like something totally unexpected has happened. 

• Like 4

Â