Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think we all are.

What I cannot get my head around....is that he has been spoon feeding us month by month since he took over.

That is not running a club....that is not sustainable.

In the light of all that....why did we accept expensive loan players.....It really was shit or bust in every sense of the word.

my god, astonishing.....and I thought all the Lerner incompetence was behind us.

It's called 'Grooming'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we all are.

What I cannot get my head around....is that he has been spoon feeding us month by month since he took over.

That is not running a club....that is not sustainable.

In the light of all that....why did we accept expensive loan players.....It really was shit or bust in every sense of the word.

my god, astonishing.....and I thought all the Lerner incompetence was behind us.

It’s hugely disappointing Tro - both xia and wyness should hang their heads in shame . 

‘And to think he had the audacity to talk about Europe in 5 years when he took over - the dirty rats .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

‘And to think he had the audacity to talk about Europe in 5 years when he took over - the dirty rats .

It’s typical billy big bollocks bullshit, those that normally shout about stuff are usually full of it. 

Something didn’t sit right with me right from the start of his tenure and I’m disappointed my gut feeling was right, as we are now in a perilous position.

• Like 1

Our problem in a few words.....................Delusions of grandeur ,do spring to mind.

First things first....They need to stabilise the club and put it on a self financing footing.

• I can't see anyone with any serious interest, wanting to buy us, in this state....(there will always be chancers) we have to reshape the club.
  • I can't see Steve Bruce going, only of his own volition
  • I think moving forward we have to rely heavily on the kids
  • I think any transfers will be modest buys, free's or loans with modest wages
  • I see us rebuilding in the manner of Cardiff, cheap, but robust and durable players.

Trouble is....I just don't think i can trust a word anyone says from Villa Park anymore....some indictment that isn't it.

11 minutes ago, jim said:

It’s typical billy big bollocks bullshit, those that normally shout about stuff are usually full of it. 

Something didn’t sit right with me right from the start of his tenure and I’m disappointed my gut feeling was right, as we are now in a perilous position.

What could you have done Jim?

What could any of us have done?..... 2 years is a long time to be moaning.

The thing is 40k gates Flame throwers going off .....No disrespect but we emulate Coventry now ( and I say that respectfully).

We really do set ourselves up to be shot at at times.....However, we didn't expect this treachery.

Edited by TRO

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Shit, he's the new Carsen Yung isnt he :(

That was put to him, in the early days and he refuted it.

It is true......Time reveals all.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

That was put to him, in the early days and he refuted it.

It is true......Time reveals all.

Are you putting it all on xia or do you blame wyness equally for this farce ?

Edited by Eastie

46 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It’s hugely disappointing Tro - both xia and wyness should hang their heads in shame . 

I think he actually believed his own hype, back then at least.

Di Matteo had won the Champions League with Chelsea and his appointment was qualified, at least in my mind, by this feat.

Tony thought he could wing it by employing a better standard of personnel than the teams around him and the cash that came with success would be enough to ride the waves.

Unfortunately like any competitive endeavor the margins are fine and our owner has seemingly misjudged what was required of him and those around him.

He spoke of long term and sustainability but he seems to of gambled in reality, as soon as his Champions League winner went bust he chased his chips and went for broke without a guaranteed holding or strategy. Or even people he can trust around him.

This is just my take on it, I'm trying to make sense of the situation except I am so far removed.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

One of my good mates is a Pompy fan and I do not relish the thought of joining him in League 1. Thing is there demise made sense they were chasing the CL and paying massive money with a 20k seater stadium in never stacked up and throw Harry and co into the mix and the rest is history. 

I'm really struggling to see how we've supposedly achieved the same feat. Everyone goes on about the money we've spent on players but according to Transfermarkt we've got a net spend of something like £20m since we've been in the Champo. For sure the wages will be high for the league but it's difficult to see how they are so high when we've sold almost everyone in PL squad so although big wages have come in they've also gone out. 

For me it all comes down to Xia and how royally screwed he is financially as all the issues seem to be liquidity based rather than the basic FFP structure which while bad doesn't look like it'll destroy the club. 

£60000 a week for John Terry, the likes of Preston who are not too far away in terms of quality would easily have 6+ first team players on well under £10000. Brentford would be similar. Jedinak, Whelan, Taylor etc would all be on stupid money too.

The Sun now reporting that Tony has agreed with the premier league to have the parachute money early to pay all immediate bills, so if the administrators are off his back now its down to the business of selling key players. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6466153/aston-villa-reach-agreement-with-hmrc-tax-bill/

It is understood Villa owner Dr Tony Xia, currently in Beijing, has agreed a deal with the Premier League to dip heavily into this season’s £15million parachute payment.

Edited by Jareth

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shit, he's the new Carsen Yung isnt he :(

I would not go that far he has not ended up in jail yet!

I think he will come up with a plan to save face.  It looks bad on the Chinese I am sure they won't want to be looked on as dodgy in anyway.

Hong Kong and Mainland China are like chalk and cheese.  This will make any investment from China for any business look very risky if the worst happens.

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Are you putting it all on xia or do you blame wyness equally for this farce ?

I truthfully, don't know, Eastie.....I would have to know the ins and outs to form a proper opinion.

I just cannot see a self made Billionaire acting in this way...although the chinese do have a reputation for gambling and it seems that has been the backdrop to our recent existence.

There is one thing being academically intelligent and another having a nose for business or acute business brain.

I just have a feeling, despite his engaging demeanor, Tony is not all what he appears.....Don't get me wrong, he is plausible and if he has been keeping the club afloat, bloomin helpful in a fashion, some could say deceitful, for misleading us.....The gamble has clearly not paid off, perhaps now we can get back to good old British values of sustainable existence.

There are so many paradoxes circling.

I guess many countries operate their business structure in different ways and our logic will only be applied to what we are familiar with.

I have always had a sneaky personal feeling he is a front man for all what he does.....and that the real decision maker is elsewhere....( just my bit of pure speculation, without foundation, just intuition.)

Remember....Accounts can be reasonably simple, its usually, when someone doesn't want them to be they are not

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So assuming best case scenario we got all £15m, we've kicked the problem about 3 months down the road?

End of the window, players offloaded as was due to happen anyway and we start the season with sensible wage bill and hopefully a squad that can stay up. Best we can ask for at this point. 

• Like 2

Oh great, we've managed to get some of next season's parachute money early. So what happens when we get into the new season, when we've still got the likes of Richards, McCormack etc to pay. 

If we don't go into admin before the start of the season, by the end of September we will surely be in.

• Like 1

Yeah, gives Xia a few months to cut costs, flog everything that's not nailed down, and try to get outside investment or sell the club.

Not a good outcome, something that 24 hours ago I'd have scarcely imagined...At least it looks like we'll be able to stay afloat though.

• Like 1

Â