Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

Q5: What could happen next?

A5: We know Villa is having trouble because of FFP, and things will only get worse as time goes on (less income, huge salary bill). When you cannot do too much to boost the income in a lower division, the only viable option is to cut the bill. This could lead to less employees and selling players to fill the hole. I don't think in a short term Xia will be able to pump a lot of cash into the club, not only because it is not allowed by FFP, but also because of his current business situation. This means Villa will be much quieter in transfer market in the next few years, until we get promoted or he can turn around his business (not anytime soon as far as I can see). I can't see him selling Villa now - He is not that desperate at least for now, hopefully, to cash out in order to save his business in China. 

Cheers for that @Deisler123 - I don't think you're an entirely independent observer for what it's worth and despite your disclaimer about this not representing anyone or any company, I can't help but think there's a connection. With that assumption I am therefore interested in your insight into Tony's plans with Villa. If what you are saying turns out to be accurate, then I take from that Tony is not selling, and that money will be found to keep going - but with major cutbacks. Can you think what he may want to do re the manager? 

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

I've said it before but if there's one thing you can't accuse Tony of it's asset stripping.

Well I hope they’re wrong but Birmingham Mail reporting this afternoon that a plot of land owned by the club close to Villa Park (Brookvale) is to be sold. Slippery slope once we start this approach. 

Xia might not be desperate to sell as he isn't strapped for cash, he's only poor on our shores not Chinese shores.. Our issue though is that while Xia might not be desperate to sell, the club is kinda in the need of it or we become FC Villa of Aston very quickly. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where are you Dr Tony?  Where are your oh so amusing tweets with countless cryptic emojis?  Where  are your soothing words about staying strong, having belief, continuing to fight?  WHERE ARE YOU??

To be fair, he's probably quite busy today what with one thing and another...

If Tony's not selling Villa, then he must be confident he can run it in a sustainable way. Collymore seems to be a mouth piece for the shenanigans going on, so if Collymore is correct (and that takes a leap of faith given his track record) then the panic has been engineered and Tony is being harranged into a sale by some ambitious British businessmen. Only time will tell if that's all true though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

.......It is funny how much a single match could change the destiny of a football club. This is very cruel indeed.

Thanks for the post deisler genuinely, but unfortunately cruel is the wrong word. If this was 'the plan' then the word is "predictable" unfortunately. "Statistically likely" would be another two.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rubberman said:

To be fair, he's probably quite busy today what with one thing and another...

I'm sure a billionaire owner of a multi national corporation can have his media team draft something which he can say aye to pretty quickly

One of my good mates is a Pompy fan and I do not relish the thought of joining him in League 1. Thing is there demise made sense they were chasing the CL and paying massive money with a 20k seater stadium in never stacked up and throw Harry and co into the mix and the rest is history. 

I'm really struggling to see how we've supposedly achieved the same feat. Everyone goes on about the money we've spent on players but according to Transfermarkt we've got a net spend of something like £20m since we've been in the Champo. For sure the wages will be high for the league but it's difficult to see how they are so high when we've sold almost everyone in PL squad so although big wages have come in they've also gone out. 

For me it all comes down to Xia and how royally screwed he is financially as all the issues seem to be liquidity based rather than the basic FFP structure which while bad doesn't look like it'll destroy the club. 

Just listening to Talksport and a guy claiming he is in the supporters trust, said when Wyness was asked at one of the meetings if China restricting funds would affect us. His response was Tony had substantial funds outside of China so it wouldn’t be a problem. He also said there was a clear plan b in place should we not go up.

Somebody is lying...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Cheers for that @Deisler123 - I don't think you're an entirely independent observer for what it's worth and despite your disclaimer about this not representing anyone or any company, I can't help but think there's a connection. With that assumption I am therefore interested in your insight into Tony's plans with Villa. If what you are saying turns out to be accurate, then I take from that Tony is not selling, and that money will be found to keep going - but with major cutbacks. Can you think what he may want to do re the manager? 

To be honest, manager is the least concern in all this. Villa clearly have a bad financial problem to face, and a sensible decision now is to stabilize the ship and make even. during this summer Xia will certainly try to at least keep the club running (which means he needs to find 5m funds now and potentially 10-20m to fill the hole). Selling players and assets is inevitable.

I was chatting to a friend in China earlier today who is a football journalist, and we both agreed that Xia will most probably try to survive ( in terms of club running) during the summer. If things turn out to be so bad after the transfer window (meaning not enough funds from selling players to break even, or not sustainable cash flow from China), then he might consider selling shortly before the season starts and it may drag into the middle season, which is the worst case scenario for the club.

Regarding the manager, I don’t think Xia will want to sack the manager before he cleans the mess of tax bill and Wyness-issue, unless Bruce resigns himself. If the financial situation is so bad that we have to sell many players to survive, then we will not be able to attract any decent manager. In that case, keeping Bruce will be the sub-optimal option I am afraid.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's not desperate to **** off?

You know what to do lads, all together

We want Tony out,  Dr Tony out, I just don't think you understand...

We want Tony Out

Dr Tony Out

I just don't think you understand

His counting it too lax

We cannot pay the Tax

We want Dr Tony out.

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:
I'm the Taxman!

Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub

I'm the Taxman!

Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub

Picturing a GIF of Tony getting his funds approve and walking into the tax office with a hoodie with a barrel of cash smacking in down on the table shouting "Di ting go boom, scraaa da dap dat... boo duh bup bup boom" All in a terrible Chinese accent of course "You wiiw not take my Cuub, I ruv dis Crubb"

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I've stuck up for him a fair bit but I'm feeling a bit duped by that right now I must say.

I think we all are.

What I cannot get my head around....is that he has been spoon feeding us month by month since he took over.

That is not running a club....that is not sustainable.

In the light of all that....why did we accept expensive loan players.....It really was shit or bust in every sense of the word.

my god, astonishing.....and I thought all the Lerner incompetence was behind us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Â