Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Dr Xia, please do not give Steve Bruce any more money to spend. I read in the papers that he is looking at Jack Wilshire and now a striker. It doesn't make any difference who he buys as I'm afraid he is not the manager to get Aston Villa promoted.

I have spent many glorious years watching the Villa, and was lucky enough to play at Villa Park twice myself, and in all this time I have never been more disappointed in a manager than I have in Steve Bruce. I was never in favor of his appointment, as I never enjoyed watching any of his teams. However, he has taken the Villa to a place I never believed we would go. We are fast becoming an embarrassment and a joke of a club. We don't score goals,and have just paid a fortune to one of the best center halves in the country, and we've shipped 5 goals in 3 games.

You don't have a bad team, you have a bad manager. Do the right thing and get rid. You are a successful businessman, and in business the golden rule is never be afraid to make a decision. You know it's the right one. Get rid of the man that is dragging your club down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Time to prove that you are not Lerner MK2 throwing money at your new toy, employing a succession of useless managers and then losing interest when you realise you have royally screwed up!

The one big difference between Lerner and Xia is the people they employed at board level. 

Lerner employed people that didn't have any idea how to run a football club, so takes 100% responsibility for the failure. 

Xia acknowledged his lack of experience and surrounded himself with "football men". Of course he will ultimately take responsibility, but i feel more sorry for Xia because he has been let down by these plums that are supposed to understand the game. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

The one big difference between Lerner and Xia is the people they employed at board level. 

Lerner employed people that didn't have any idea how to run a football club, so takes 100% responsibility for the failure. 

Xia acknowledged his lack of experience and surrounded himself with "football men". Of course he will ultimately take responsibility, but i feel more sorry for Xia because he has been let down by these plums that are supposed to understand the game. 

Same here.

But that sympathy all goes away very soon if he fails to react and doesn't sack these people asap.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Dr Xia, please do not give Steve Bruce any more money to spend. I read in the papers that he is looking at Jack Wilshire and now a striker. It doesn't make any difference who he buys as I'm afraid he is not the manager to get Aston Villa promoted.

I have spent many glorious years watching the Villa, and was lucky enough to play at Villa Park twice myself, and in all this time I have never been more disappointed in a manager than I have in Steve Bruce. I was never in favor of his appointment, as I never enjoyed watching any of his teams. However, he has taken the Villa to a place I never believed we would go. We are fast becoming an embarrassment and a joke of a club. We don't score goals,and have just paid a fortune to one of the best center halves in the country, and we've shipped 5 goals in 3 games.

You don't have a bad team, you have a bad manager. Do the right thing and get rid. You are a successful businessman, and in business the golden rule is never be afraid to make a decision. You know it's the right one. Get rid of the man that is dragging your club down.

This

Oh of course, sympathy isn't without limit. But he didn't hang around with RDM, and although Bruce should been fired in the summer, i wouldn't accuse Xia of lacking ruthlessness at this stage. 

He needs to act this week though. And i think he will. 

Dear Tony,

IF you read VT, good on you.

Please, please, please get rid of Steve Bruce, then the coaching staff.

Please take a serious look at the people you employ to help you make the decisions.

It's your money, its your call.

GH

Villa till I die

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Correct, no point paying advisors if they are recommending RDM and FistFace. Time to weld the axe.

Bruce wasn't my choice but I think there was a fair case for him. It'd be a bit much IMO to say they deserve sacking for it.

But if they fail to act, or mess this one up, I agree.

• Like 1

I would say Round and Wyness have flopped with their managerial appointments thus far. I can see why they went for Bruce but its been a disaster 

Its getting worse he has to be got rid we wont be going up with him in charge 

• Like 2

Bruce seemed like the safe short term bet. Who knew he was a busted flush. The board has been in place 12 months now and i hope they now realise what we need is a young energetic but experienced manager with fresh ideas not a dinosaur or an inexperienced one as RDM was. Something must be up though so hopefully the DR is getting busy behind the scenes. If Steve Round doesn't have a short list ready to go he needs sacking aswell so i think the next time the Doc surfaces on Twitter will be to bring some good news. 

Starting to think were no better off than when Lerner was here.

Still being lead by a bunch of mugs who don't know what they are doing, appointing complete failures of managers.

Throwing money at something doesn't guarantee success.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Â