Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Days like this make me wonder just how much effort Randy made in transfer dealings, or whether he didn't get involved at any stage.

God Bless you Tony.

Randy did nothing I think that much is apparent now.

Even at the start Randy spent 99% of his time in the US away from the club leaving nothing but his chequebook behind for O'Neil to use recklessly.

Now Xia seems to practically live in the UK. The only time he's not here recently is when he's in the US trying to buy movie studios or something. He seems super hands on like so hands on that it seems like it's him doing all the deals. Now it's likely not like that, but he projects outward that he's very hands on and that makes a huge difference to us the fans.

Randy was likely one of the worst owners we will ever have, he was like a neglectful parent in a way, he was the clubs owner and custodian and he mentally and physically destroyed the soul of this club.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't have the vocabulary to expresshow thankful I am to him.

Think of spending 60 million pounds of your own money to buy something which is the equivalent of a banged up Jag.. yea, it was lovely once, and it could be again, but you need to spend 2, 3, 4, 5 times what you bought it for to make it lovely again..  

I know that unless he didn't think he could make it a working, functional part of his business then he wouldn't even be here.. but by some amazing universal decided chance.. he owns us!

He's come in under a somewhat unknown quantity, with big sound bites and big promises, and has - so far - done exactly what he said he would.

This point has been made over and over again in this thread, but **** me, I  (we) got lucky.

A thank you from the deepest pits if my heart Tony.

He's done his bit, over to you Steve (and team).

Couldn't agree more, I've spoken about this to other midland club fans and heard the usual "bloody Chinese owners taking over all our clubs". I had to put them right because we definitely got one of the good ones, can't speak for the other clubs though.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Randy was likely one of the worst owners we will ever have, he was like a neglectful parent in a way, he was the clubs owner and custodian and he mentally and physically destroyed the soul of this club.

He allowed us to wander into a unshielded 3-bar electric fire causing hideous wounds and screaming. But he didn't hear.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Randy did nothing I think that much is apparent now.

Even at the start Randy spent 99% of his time in the US away from the club leaving nothing but his chequebook behind for O'Neil to use recklessly.

Now Xia seems to practically live in the UK. The only time he's not here recently is when he's in the US trying to buy movie studios or something. He seems super hands on like so hands on that it seems like it's him doing all the deals. Now it's likely not like that, but he projects outward that he's very hands on and that makes a huge difference to us the fans.

Randy was ok in the beginning. right now Xia is like a kid with a new toy. Lets hope he's theres for the long-term.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Couldn't agree more, I've spoken about this to other midland club fans and heard the usual "bloody Chinese owners taking over all our clubs". I had to put them right because we definitely got one of the good ones, can't speak for the other clubs though.

If he does for us, what some owner of some other club did , that ended up doing really well did,  well that's  good enough for me. 

Edited by hippo

5 hours ago, DK82 said:

I think the stress, pressure and emotion of the Lerner ownership left me deflated and down. When Xia came in it took me a while to really get on board and I was possible a little negative.

But I'm on board now and have been for a while. :) 

Yep, me too exactly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

He allowed us to wander into a unshielded 3-bar electric fire causing hideous wounds and screaming. But he didn't hear.

I liken it to leaving us in a hotel room in Portugal whilst going off for dinner across the road.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hollis made?

Blimey!  remember him?  

Bernstein, King, Hollis et al, mentioning them sounds like we are talking of our club from a decade ago - that is a sign of how far we have come

• Like 3

Â