Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

He's been 'anonymously' reported in several papers to have given RDM two matches to get a win, one of which was last night, so I don't expect a sacking until after the Preston game. 

If we don't win that, I will reluctantly back the owner's choice as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicho said:

Another managerial failure it seems. Maybe we need a club man, some one good not Alan Sherea esque. Where is the next Gregory or Little? 

Mellberg, Laursen and Petrov are the only past leaders of the club knocking around the management scene. 

No chance Tony risks that. 

Gary Neville anyone?

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

No chance Tony risks that. 

Gary Neville anyone?

he wont risk an unproven ex Villa player as manager but he would go for an unproven ex-Manchester United player as manager who has been a disaster in his 2 roles away form the Sky studio

Just now, Zatman said:

he wont risk an unproven ex Villa player as manager but he would go for an unproven ex-Manchester United player as manager who has been a disaster in his 2 roles away form the Sky studio

I agree with your concerns, but I'm trying to think from Xia's perspective. A world famous former player and ex-Valencia manager will turn his head before anyone of the Villa old boys you mentioned.

Defining moment for XIA - does he be a tiny bit ruthless and Axe RDM in the next few days - a bring in either Bruce or Big Sam - Or does repeat the Lerner mistakes and dither - and ending up sacking RDM - at a time when the decent candidates have gone.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

the pickings of candidates are slim, the timing isn't a huge issue although you can see him waiting until after the Preston game as that provides an obvious opportunity to make changes. 

Unless Derby snap up Bruce - and we don't fancy Big Sam ...then what ? 

Bruce isn't a stand out candidate for me, he's maybe mildly preferable to somewhere else. We'll have to go for a left field candidate. Also, to be honest, between now and Preston is only 3 days, if SB felt there was a chance that RDM would go then, he'd wait around  a couple of days to give himself options. In this particular scenario at least. 

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Unless Derby snap up Bruce - and we don't fancy Big Sam ...then what ? 

First of all, Preston is only three days away, I don't think Bruce is going to be in such a desperate hurry that he'll be installed in 72 hours. Secondly I don't think he's so amazing as a candidate that we have to change plans to accommodate him. 

Â