Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's right. 

Kodjia, McCormack, Adomah, Elphick and Tshibola all proven at this level. Amavi, grealish and ayew should be some of the best players in the league. 

We've clearly got quality, the manager is failing to get the best results from excellent performances in some instances and struggling to get these players at their best for others. 

Pretty much. Our current predicament lays largely at the managers door due to his appalling tactics and increasing inability to instill confidence in his players. There's absolutely no way this team should be in its current position, a more competent manager would have us much higher up the table right now. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

On 2016-09-25 at 15:06, blandy said:

Surely it's quicker to look at his twitter feed than post the question? One of the wierd things about the internet is people (me included, I'm not having a go) who post questions like that on on forums, when it's easier to actually look for ourselves

Wow that link was magic!!!

shocked surprised ed oneill al bundy surprise  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

In lots of ways they did, if they didn't fight we wouldn't have got back into the game second half.

I agree they started fighting back for the last half hour or so but the first hour was abject and we survived a heavy first-half deficit only thanks to Newcastle's complacency and/or cluelessness in front of goal. There is simply no way you can describe our first half performance as "fighting throughout".

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I agree they started fighting back for the last half hour or so but the first hour was abject and we survived a heavy first-half deficit only thanks to Newcastle's complacency and/or cluelessness in front of goal. There is simply no way you can describe our first half performance as "fighting throughout".

First half was shocking, we were very lucky Gayle missed an absolute sitter, and then Diame right at the start of the second half.

Rather than the players I blame the first half on the manager sending them out playing in a stupid, negative system which didn't suit us or the game considering we had quality midfielders such as Diame, Ritchie and Shelvey to contend with.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 07:56, Richard said:

According to his latest tweet our lads are top class in this league !

It probably says that in his stubs on his cheque book.....problem is, is converting that to the pitch and subsequently .......match day report in most of the press.

Edited by TRO

Â