Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder who you are. But it’s good to have you on the forum. 

Tell me my friend? Is there anything positive at the moment or are we just f**ked?

we are definitely in the shite.....its just a case of how deep it is !!!!!

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How is it possible @Deisler123 to find out this kind of detailed information yet we are still not certain of Xia or any of his companies actually have any money?

Thanks

Probably helps if you can read chinese

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

..and all we had to do was wait for an official statement from the club. Funny that.

No I much prefer the clamour to demonise the Owner as a fraud and crook without having any information.

More exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guys lets think about this.  If Tony secures £50M and pays the tax bill that means everything was always in control and its a source from the club that has caused the panic by leaking information to the press.  

All it takes is to leak late payment details to one paper and the whole of the media blow it up.    I don't think there was a real threat of winding orders or administration for a second 

I think all this panic has been engineered by Wyness to try and force a sale that he can cash in from.  I don't think Tony has any intention at all of selling and always knew there was going to be hard times and massive cost cutting if we failed to meet promotion.   Yesterdays circus did not need to happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Guys lets think about this.  If Tony secures £50M and pays the tax bill that means everything was always in control and its a source from the club that has caused the panic by leaking information to the press.  

All it takes is to leak late payment details to one paper and the whole of the media blow it up.    I don't think there was a real threat of winding orders or administration for a second 

I think all this panic has been engineered by Wyness to try and force a sale that he can cash in from.  I don't think Tony has any intention at all of selling and always knew there was going to be hard times and massive cost cutting if we failed to meet promotion.   Yesterdays circus did not need to happen.

Pretty much what I said, I basically think the lack of promotion denied him the quick personal cash boost he was after so he tried to engineer this to get himself a windfall as well as stay on.

Obviously purposely leaked info.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty much what I said, I basically think the lack of promotion denied him the quick personal cash boost he was after so he tried to engineer this to get himself a windfall as well as stay on.

Obviously purposely leaked info.

The dirty scoundrel :(

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope you're right mate. I agree in this instant world we live in, gossip and speculation spreads like wildfire.

Fingers crossed for the least damaging outcome possible 

• Like 1

Sorry but the whole trust side is gone, I genuinely don’t know if Wyness was trying to save the club from an owner who doesn’t know what he is doing, or whether Xia is planning to sell off the Crown Jewels.

All I really want now is both of them anywhere but Villa Park and new owners with a proper plan and the balls and nous to see it through.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Woah there.

A club announcement saying everything's fine (we've had a few of those over the years), an okay to try and get a loan of up to £50m and an agreement to sort out a missed tax bill at some time in the future and now everything's rosy?

I'm not sure I agree.

I didn't say everything was rosy.  Far far from it.  What I'm saying is I the the club knew the consequences of no promotion and means of making payments were always in place..

I doubt very much Tony was twiddling his thumbs waiting for threats of administration before trying to secure a loan.

• Like 1

Well alongside stories of financial meltdown are stories of us buying players. The two don’t generally go hand in hand. There are clearly some problems, Xia has said as much himself, but I believe everything has, as usual, been blown out of all proportion. And chief blower and self publicist is as usual Mr Collymore. When we’re in trouble he is always the first to chuck a bucket of oil into the mix. One of our own indeed. Never has been and never will be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn't say everything was rosy.  Far far from it.  What I'm saying is I the the club knew the consequences of no promotion and means of making payments were always in place..

They weren't and aren't, though, are they?

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt very much Tony was twiddling his thumbs waiting for threats of administration before trying to secure a loan.

We don't know whether he has secured a loan yet, do we?

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

This is not quite accurate. What happened 2 days ago was that, the executive board of Xia's company approved that the main company will sponsor the child-company to loan up to 50m pounds over the next two years. This does not mean that Xia has loaned 50m two days ago, but it does mean that Xia has had the approval to do so.

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Let me clarify if what I mentioned before was unclear - the 50m is the maximum amount Xia's satellite company can loan over the future two years. These loan will be from Chinese banks (apparently) and will be backed up by the mother company (i.e. the one on the stock market).

Edited by snowychap

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

They weren't and aren't, though, are they?

We don't know whether he has secured a loan, do we?

How do you know they weren't and aren't?  We're not currently being wound up are we? Or did I miss something? 

Edit : My point is had someone not leaked the situation to the press the tax amount would have got paid, the pre-season would have started and the player sales would have begin as we all expected.  We would have been non the wiser to all this administration talk. 

Throughout this posters would have continued to call the relegation thread embarrassing.   

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

How do you know they weren't and aren't?  We're not currently being wound up are we? Or did I miss something? 

Because we failed to make the payment to HMRC, didn't we?

If means of making payments were always in place then we wouldn't have failed to make that payment and if they were in place now then there wouldn't have been a statement about reaching an agreement with HMRC but rather that the payments had now been made in full.

You also appear to have missed the clarifications made by @Deisler123 on his post about the decision made by the Recon board two days ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit : My point is had someone not leaked the situation to the press the tax amount would have got paid, the pre-season would have started and the player sales would have begin as we all expected.  We would have been non the wiser to all this administration talk.

I think one ought to wait until it has been paid before saying that it 'would have got paid'. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

This is not true. I converted the loan in GBP to make things easier. But the loan will be in CNY.

Thanks for clarifying. One of the issues raised has been the difficulty in transferring money from China. I don’t see how this amount will be any different? If the money is for Villa then also worrying that a loan was needed as we were led to believe Xia had the funds but he was having trouble getting them to the UK. From what you’ve said it looks as if Xia is struggling in his other companies too and therefore may not be as cash rich as we first thought. Appreciate your input on the thread, the next 2-3 months are going to be very interesting I think! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Because we failed to make the payment to HMRC, didn't we?

If means of making payments were always in place then we wouldn't have failed to make that payment and if they were in place now then there wouldn't have been a statement about reaching an agreement with HMRC but rather that the payments had now been made in full.

You also appear to have missed the clarifications made by @Deisler123 on his post about the decision made by the Recon board two days ago.

If it doesn’t get paid then yes. The club never had a plan to pay it and we’re screwed. Tony screwed us.

Yes the payment got missed but I’m sure it’s not the first company to ever have a late payment during hard time. It was confidential information. The club has only come out with a statement because it got leaked. Somebody leaked it. If they hadn’t and it gets paid we would never have known and wouldn’t have had this media circus we’ve had over the past 2 years.

• Thanks 1

If it doesn’t get paid then yes. The club never had a plan to pay it and we’re screwed. Tony screwed us.

It hasn't been paid, yet.

I've made no comment about Xia 'screwing' anyone.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes the payment got missed but I’m sure it’s not the first company to ever have a late payment during hard time.

But I thought means of making payments were always in place?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes the payment got missed but I’m sure it’s not the first company to ever have a late payment during hard time. It was confidential information. The club has only come out with a statement because it got leaked. Somebody leaked it. If they hadn’t and it gets paid we would never have known and wouldn’t have had this media circus we’ve had over the past 2 years.

I don't get the point. Are you suggesting its not an issue if we don't know? 

It seems money has been an issue for months, just because we didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't an issue. 

Â