Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Oh great, we've managed to get some of next season's parachute money early. So what happens when we get into the new season, when we've still got the likes of Richards, McCormack etc to pay. 

If we don't go into admin before the start of the season, by the end of September we will surely be in.

I don’t think we will go into administration - I do think however we will sell our better players - apart from Grealish and Chester I don’t really see much cash coming in for others .

kodjia is not the same player since 2 bad injuries and I think any fee would be be reduced as he’s not really proven himself since injury . 

‘I don’t see big money for hourihane but we may well have to take what we can in the circumstances . 

‘The team in August could be significantly weaker in all areas - as such fans need to lower expectations  greatly 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So assuming best case scenario we got all £15m, we've kicked the problem about 3 months down the road?

I would imagine it's more more like 2 months. 4.2million straight to HMRC and losing 5million per month.

Hopefully he can either get some cash from China or find a buyer in the next 8 weeks.

Lord knows what kind of a team we will be able to put out in August.

34 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

£60000 a week for John Terry, the likes of Preston who are not too far away in terms of quality would easily have 6+ first team players on well under £10000. Brentford would be similar. Jedinak, Whelan, Taylor etc would all be on stupid money too.

The problem for us is......These modestly placed players at other clubs both in terms of their stock and their wages, were able to derail our expensive players sufficiently for us to miss out.

We have just had too many players over at least a 10 year span that have taken the big wages and dumped us on our arses for their performances and commitment

27 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Oh great, we've managed to get some of next season's parachute money early. So what happens when we get into the new season, when we've still got the likes of Richards, McCormack etc to pay. 

If we don't go into admin before the start of the season, by the end of September we will surely be in.

Wonder if that caused the rift between Xia and Wyness? Xia wanting to paper over the cracks with short term fixes and Wyness wanting to deal with underlying problems here & now?

Just speculating in the information vacuum Dr T has created

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

3 months down the road?

Tony is already spending that £15m on Jordan Rhodes.

YOLO!!

According to Matt Scott the vast bulk of this  £15m has been advanced to a bank and already spent .

he just tweeted this - 

Aston Villa are due c£15m in 2018-19 in parachute payments. I have discovered a sizeable amount of this has already been assigned to a bank and advanced in cash at a discount to the club. This appears already to have been spent (or the HMRC bill would not be a bother). #AVFC

In the absence of urgent funding from Xia, the club needs to be sold. The hope of raising even £20m from the Jack Grealish sale is utterly forlorn. It’d be like selling a Picasso at a pawnbroker. Knowing the distress Villa are in no one’s paying >£15m, if you’re lucky. #AVFC

Ps - sorry I seem to be unable to  copy the tweet on my IPad 

https://mobile.twitter.com/matt5cott/status/1004441040949039106

Edited by Eastie
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

According to Matt Scott the vast bulk of this  £15m has been advanced to a bank and already spent .

he just tweeted this - 

Aston Villa are due c£15m in 2018-19 in parachute payments. I have discovered a sizeable amount of this has already been assigned to a bank and advanced in cash at a discount to the club. This appears already to have been spent (or the HMRC bill would not be a bother). #AVFC

In the absence of urgent funding from Xia, the club needs to be sold. The hope of raising even £20m from the Jack Grealish sale is utterly forlorn. It’d be like selling a Picasso at a pawnbroker. Knowing the distress Villa are in no one’s paying >£15m, if you’re lucky. #AVFC

Ps - sorry I seem to be unable to  copy the tweet on my IPad 

Where has he 'discovered' this info?  I'm very wary of what Matt Scott says.

So with the glass still with some dregs in, I hope that with immediate finances saved, someone comes in with an offer that is enough for Tony to consider and therefore the sales go on hold while it gets negotiated. 

The empty glass thinks that with the immediate finances saved, we'll have an everything must go sale. Maybe get up to £40m including some property going. With the heavily reduced outgoings that will allow us to stagger on for maybe another year. 

Grim. 

I don’t care if it is his fault or not, he has failed as our custodian and a piece of footballing history is at risk.  I want him and Wyness gone and some business nous and acumen in.

We deserve better than these charlatans

Edited by macandally
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Why? He clearly had a good inside source. I see this opinion a lot and he doesn’t seem like a very nice bloke, but if you look back through his tweets he has been calling out Xia’s finances for 2 years now and has been proven right.

• Like 1

Ha selling Picasso at a Pawnbroker.

Quite the image. It hurts enough that we’ve watched Grealish growing from being a promising kid doing all the stupid stuff kids do. We then get 6 month of true potential being fulfilled and then we lose him. 

It would hurt even more if we bend over and plead for someone to rip us of. 

We’ll see how this all plays out but it could get really toxic.

Guessing #sittingwithXia isn’t going to be a thing anymore! 

• Like 1

I just can't see anyone coming in to buy us in our present state.

For the last 10 years, we have survived on the placement of a sugar daddy

We now need an owner who will run us properly and hopefully be hands on, on a daily basis.

I don't know how that transition is going to come about.

Tony hasn't got the cash. 

Its that simple, I think we are looking at a new owner. 

If he had the money there are plenty of ways around it all.. 

Buy a tiny football club in China, which buys the current squad contracts from avfc. 

Loan them back to avfc whilst subsidising the wages. 

FFP sorted with big income from player 'sales', no need to extract money from China. 

Done. 

But it won't be, because tonys run out of cash. 

Come to think of it didn't man city do something like this? They own a couple of other clubs.. Didn't they loan players from them? 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

Every Cloud has a silver lining.....I think maybe a change of direction has been forced on us and all could be for the better in due curse......The lord moves in mysterious ways.

" Do you want to bet against us"?

Edited by TRO

Villa were being topped up with cash every month. That's like living from paycheck to paycheck.

I don't run my own finances like that and I'm in a full time job.... Whatever happens, the man at the top Tony Xia needs to take responsibility for this.

Anyone doing business with his Recon Group should consider looking elsewhere. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Every Cloud has a silver lining.....I think maybe a change of direction has been forced on us and all could be for the better in due curse......The lord moves in mysterious ways.

" Do you want to bet against us"?

Yes

• Like 4

The amount of vitriol directed at Tony is quite embarrassing. He's failed alright, but I still think his intentions have always been the best. It's a bloody shame he put his trust in Wyness, Round and whatever other "football people" we have employed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Wyness probably. I have a sickening feeling that Wyness has been chipping away at Tony via media contacts for some time. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Wyness probably. I have a sickening feeling that Wyness has been chipping away at Tony via media contacts for some time. 

Yeah - The Moxley story in the Mirror read like Wyness had dictated it to him.

• Like 1

Â