Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Ridiculed!! It's those that dare question the owner and/or manager that get ridiculed. Who is gloating? I think you need to step out of your front door and get some fresh air to wake you up to the real world.

Who is gloating? Numerous Villa fans that predicted 'this' many moons ago, citing Samuelson's involvement and Xia's oversized suit as reasons for their original suspicions.

I'm sorry pacbuddies but just because people who predicted the worst, based on rumours and hearsay, are now seeing the latest Villa meltdown, doesn't mean that they've been right all along and that all the rumours and speculation will come true.

It's clear to see that something is not right at Villa right now. But people are still believing their own thoughts that Xia has no money, or that he was always in it for a quick buck, or that he's this, that and the other. Just because some people want to deal with facts and ignore the spurious, doesn't mean they're wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Get this **** word removed out the door. I hope he loses every penny.

You can't say things like that. It might suggest that you're a 'glass half empty' sort of guy!

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

It would seem like his ambitions are greater than his means.

He always gave that impression to be honest. Good at marketing and talking the talk but as it turns out little substance. Elon Musk style...

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think he's took a leaf out of some former prem owners books and tried to buy a club with no money. Gillette and Hicks did it with Liverpool. Borrowed 300 mil, bought club, spent only what the club made and increased the value of club, sold it for 700 million. All without putting in one penny of their own money.

Except that, (if the Mirror article is to be believed and I acknowledge that's a stretch), he's been pumping in £5-6m per month to keep everything running for the last 2 years up till last month.  Whether that is because of China money laws or lack of cash we don't know, but doesn't sound like a leveraged buyout to me.

13 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Social media is awash with told-you-so hindsighters, even my pals who follow other local clubs haven't bothered gloating about it, our own fans are doing it for them ffs.

True. I hate them, they are the worst.

I said months ago if we don't go up they would all come out the woodwork to claim they were right all along.

Looks like I have been proven right.

Again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

True. I hate them, they are the worst.

I said months ago if we don't go up they would all come out the woodwork to claim they were right all along.

Looks like I have been proven right.

Again.

Yes, those people who cant wait to say they've been proven right...........oh, er........

• Like 1

I said it the second this fraud started to spout his illiterate propaganda on Twitter. Completely unprofessional and dealing with stuff he had no knowledge about, but people were on the train already. Xia should be charged for what he has done with our club. I hate to be right in this case, but now look what's happened.

59 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Ridiculed!! It's those that dare question the owner and/or manager that get ridiculed. Who is gloating? I think you need to step out of your front door and get some fresh air to wake you up to the real world.

To be fair, their has been a lot of "told you so" going on and the other poster was right that people predict the worst every week so they must be right now and again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whoever buys the club from Xia is going to be a disaster. It'll all end in tears.

Just putting that so I can quote it in 2 years and say I told you so

This Peter Freund, I reckon he's a wrong 'un. Definitely got that crazy world of arthur brown about him.  He's quite obviously a liar / fraud / nut badger / opportunist / fence foal / bluenose all along. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whoever buys the club from Xia is going to be a disaster. It'll all end in tears.

I also second this, but will get on the hype train and buy into whatever the new man says and promises to us, until it goes tits up, then I will dig up this quote, minus the last part.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like a pro.

Don't forward about the short term goals of  "we're gonna get thrashed this weekend, manager hasn't got a clue"

- Dedicated to everyone calling him a fraud, he has been bankrolling the bloody club himself for 2 years while we have been hemorrhaging money.

"Aston Villa owner, Dr Tony Xia, has been bankrolling the former European Champions from the moment he set foot inside Villa Park.

Each month, money would arrive from China, into Villa's bank account to make good the shortfall in normal trading operations.

That has happened, without fail, for the past two years."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

• Like 3

That sounds like the good Dr has contacted Stan directly, or he's been passed info second hand from him. It's surely about Wyness.

Edit: Regarding Stan's tweet on the previous page.

Edited by Rob182

The number of £4.2 million in back taxes has been bandied about. However, it could be that the total money needed is significantly greater to meet running costs, players wages, bank interest. I would not be surprised if Xia needs at least £12-14 million to pay off the tax due and cover costs for the close season.

I fear we are going into liquidation unless a white knight rides up!

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

- Dedicated to everyone calling him a fraud, he has been bankrolling the bloody club himself for 2 years while we have been hemorrhaging money.

"Aston Villa owner, Dr Tony Xia, has been bankrolling the former European Champions from the moment he set foot inside Villa Park.

Each month, money would arrive from China, into Villa's bank account to make good the shortfall in normal trading operations.

That has happened, without fail, for the past two years."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

He hasn't been bankrolling Villa, he has been bank rolling his shocking decisions.

Â