Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

36 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Forget the mini English Lit lesson and how we interpret that book/paragraph - pay attention to the simple fact he liked a tweet that said Bruce has had 10 months being a bad manager. Certainly no mystery in that and highlights his view of Bruce's performance so far, it's just whether he acts on it.

Exactly, I pointed that out earlier.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How?

Genuine question.

I  interpreted it as the opposite.

Paraphrasing:

It's easier to raise the performance of one man. His manager.

The strong executive (Xia) puts into leadership positions (manager) the man who has the strength to do the outstanding.
This means dismissing the manager's weaknesses UNTIL THEY HAMPER THE FULL DEPLOYMENT OF THE AVAILABLE STRENGTH.

The part in capitals is incredibly crucial. To me that's saying he could overlook Bruce's weaknesses whilst his strengths were working. But now his weaknesses are hampering his strength, so it's time to change.

Without that part in bold, I get how it could be interpreted as "I'm sticking with Bruce". With that bit in capitals I don't see how it can be.

With Steve on this one, I read that paragraph as he needs an outstanding leader to raise the team, clearly Bruce hasn't raised the team, so I imagine he will be gone soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How?

Genuine question.

I took it to mean that he still believes Bruce has the strength to take us up, despite his weaknesses? 

You put the man in charge who you believe has the one strength you need and ignore the weaknesses. I've interpreted that to mean he still thinks he has the one strength needed, which I'm assuming is his experience? 

11 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

With Steve on this one, I read that paragraph as he needs an outstanding leader to raise the team, clearly Bruce hasn't raised the team, so I imagine he will be gone soon.

That was how I read it too. It says to me he can't buy another different 25 players he needs the guy at the top to be able the lift the whole level. IMO he's looking for Brucey's replacement. 

That also makes sense of Bruce's comments in his presser.

"I understand the booing, but my message to the fans is I've been here before and done it with other clubs in this division.

"Whether or not I'm given that time to do so is not for me to answer, but I sincerely hope so."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40944405

I think he knows he's done.

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

That was how I read it too. It says to me he can't buy another different 25 players he needs the guy at the top to be able the lift the whole level. IMO he's looking for Brucey's replacement. 

That also makes sense of Bruce's comments in his presser.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40944405

I think he knows he's done.

It shows arrogance as well, like us fans don't know what he is doing, and if he is given the 'time' he wants, everything will be fine. 

Dr. T pull the trigger mate, we are a sinking ship and the captain we have can't swim. 

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How?

Genuine question.

Paraphrasing:

It's easier to raise the performance of one man. His manager. (Xia's job is to appoint a manager. That's what he has control of)

The strong executive (Xia) puts into leadership positions (manager) the man who has the strength to do the outstanding.
This means dismissing the manager's weaknesses UNTIL THEY HAMPER THE FULL DEPLOYMENT OF THE AVAILABLE STRENGTH.

The part in capitals is incredibly crucial. To me that's saying he could overlook Bruce's weaknesses whilst his strengths were working. But now his weaknesses are hampering his strength, so it's time to change.

Without that part in bold, I get how it could be interpreted as "I'm sticking with Bruce". With that bit in capitals I don't see how it can be.

Yeah, cracking point. 

I'll be honest, I glossed over that part. 

I'm really hoping you're correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Forget the mini English Lit lesson and how we interpret that book/paragraph - pay attention to the simple fact he liked a tweet that said Bruce has had 10 months being a bad manager. Certainly no mystery in that and highlights his view of Bruce's performance so far, it's just whether he acts on it.

I think it was more likely that Xia was meaning to like what it was that the '10 months of being a bad manager' guy had quoted. That person quoted a BBC Tweet where Bruce said something like "I haven't become a bad manager in the space of a week. I'm the man to take this club up".

It's probably more likely that Xia was 'liking' the Bruce quote.

It's a bit shit to tweet a cryptic clue that you are thinking of sacking the manager , so it can only be a message of support  .... unless he's already been sacked but the final terms are being drawn up before any announcement ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

It's a bit shit to tweet a cryptic clue that you are thinking of sacking the manager , so it can only be a message of support  .... unless he's already been sacked but the final terms are being drawn up before any announcement ? 

One can only wish :) 

22 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think it was more likely that Xia was meaning to like what it was that the '10 months of being a bad manager' guy had quoted. That person quoted a BBC Tweet where Bruce said something like "I haven't become a bad manager in the space of a week. I'm the man to take this club up".

Sadly I think that was the case :(

Just with he'd be straight up with his tweets right now rather than the cryptic crap, that way we're not left misreading things like this. It's fun when it comes to transfers but in this situation i think its a bit disrespectful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, cracking point. 

I'll be honest, I glossed over that part. 

I'm really hoping you're correct. 

We're probably all reading too much into it and it means **** all :) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Well then he would of liked the original tweet, it's not like he doesn't know how to use Twitter. He would of been well aware of what he was liking imo

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I took it to mean that he still believes Bruce has the strength to take us up, despite his weaknesses? 

You put the man in charge who you believe has the one strength you need and ignore the weaknesses. I've interpreted that to mean he still thinks he has the one strength needed, which I'm assuming is his experience? 

You're right, up to the point where it says "until it hampers the full deployment of the available strength".

If it's about Bruce, I don't see how that can be a message of support, because his weaknesses are clearly hampering his strengths right now.

Â