Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Can't believe he would be that stupid.

And for the love of god stop speaking in riddles. Had a kid in my class back in middle school who did that because he thought it made him more interesting.

Kid was a moron.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The old saying about a fool and his money springs to mind - xia will lose the support of a lot of fans over this decision .

I don't think that will deter him. 

He strikes me as the traditional 'entrepreneur' for want of a better word. Like Branson or Musk, that type of character. Self made man, probably had people all his life telling him this won't work, that won't work, blah blah. 

The one thing that runs through pretty much all successful people is an unwavering belief in themselves and the ability to not give up when others are telling you too. 

He doesn't strike me as the type that will change course because he's been told to. Although 30k people booing and calling for Bruce's head might change that I suppose! 

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I don't think that will deter him. 

He strikes me as the traditional 'entrepreneur' for want of a better word. Like Branson or Musk, that type of character. Self made man, probably had people all his life telling him this won't work, that won't work, blah blah. 

The one thing that runs through pretty much all successful people is an unwavering belief in themselves and the ability to not give up when others are telling you too. 

He doesn't strike me as the type that will change course because he's been told to. Although 30k people booing and calling for Bruce's head might change that I suppose! 

It's his money going down the drain I guess - he will see Bruce is a flop but it will be too late :(

Oh  come on - lighten up!

Adds a bit of excitement. This is football not a murder trial.

Whatever Xia says he could well do the opposite, so what he tweets doesn't matter beyond its entertainment value.

It's a common scenario: club says 'vote of confidence' and two games later he's fired. 

Roll with it, be stoic, nothing you do will make a difference so stop complaining and enjoy it. 

• Like 3

I think some people are overreacting massively here. He's been very cautious with that tweet. He could've easily put his full support behind Bruce (just as he often bluntly dismisses transfer rumours) but he hasn't. Thing is, he has to say something because he's active on Twitter and people started to assume things about his silence.

Seems pretty clear to me that Bruce's fate will hinge on the next game or two.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren't in the dark.

Bruce is the manager until such time as he goes and frankly that is about it.

How many times have we seen clubs say they are sticking with a manager then sack him hours or days later? 

Its called the dreaded vote of confidence for a reason. 

Or in the dr's case- The dreaded tweet of confidence.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think some people are overreacting massively here. He's been very cautious with that tweet. He could've easily put his full support behind Bruce (just as he often bluntly dismisses transfer rumours) but he hasn't. Thing is, he has to say something because he's active on Twitter and people started to assume things about his silence.

Seems pretty clear to me that Bruce's fate will hinge on the next game or two.

Should have already gone though !

• Like 1

Forget the mini English Lit lesson and how we interpret that book/paragraph - pay attention to the simple fact he liked a tweet that said Bruce has had 10 months being a bad manager. Certainly no mystery in that and highlights his view of Bruce's performance so far, it's just whether he acts on it.

• Like 1

The good doctor is saying it's his job to get the best out of his manager, in order that the whole team raise their level.

If anything his point is that if the team cannot raise their level, then the manager is not giving their best, and there's nothing more Tony can do. Prelude to a sacking if yer ask me. 

Â