Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I agree with Dr Xia  The days of this club being short changed are gone, whether that be by other clubs, our managers and players. I don't care how much has changed, it needs to stop being used as an excuse, these are highly paid professionals we're talking about, so start producing or move on and we'll find someone that will. We've shelled out enough to expect at least play offs and we're already falling behind, so give RDM another 10 games, if we're still struggling to get results, move him on, although I don't expect him to get that long.

Edited by CastleBromVilla
  • Like 1

The guy is an idiot. I mean you would have to be an idiot to sink money into a basket case like our club.

Football is popular with the communist party at the moment so this is why we are seeing all the interest (there's not much appetite from the general population - the tv deal for the PL is one of the poorest money earners in the region). Should football China fail to progress in the next few years, then interest from the party will decline and poor Tony will be left holding a club with a negative balance sheet rocking up massive losses every year.

It will end in tears. I'm looking forward to what happens afterwards. We may be in such a dire position that fan ownership may be the only alternative.

5 minutes ago, RunRickyRun said:

The guy is an idiot. I mean you would have to be an idiot to sink money into a basket case like our club.

Football is popular with the communist party at the moment so this is why we are seeing all the interest (there's not much appetite from the general population - the tv deal for the PL is one of the poorest money earners in the region). Should football China fail to progress in the next few years, then interest from the party will decline and poor Tony will be left holding a club with a negative balance sheet rocking up massive losses every year.

It will end in tears. I'm looking forward to what happens afterwards. We may be in such a dire position that fan ownership may be the only alternative.

Get the legal team on this guy Tony. He's a non-believer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RunRickyRun said:

You grossly misunderstand China and their interest in football...

15 minutes ago, CastleBromVilla said:

I agree with Dr Xia  The days of this club being short changed are gone, whether that be by other clubs, our managers and players. I don't care how much has changed, it needs to stop being used as an excuse, these are highly paid professionals we're talking about, so start producing or move on and we'll find someone that will. We've shelled out enough to expect at least play offs and we're already falling behind, so give RDM another 10 games, if we're still struggling to get results, move him on, although I don't expect him to get that long.

Despite 50 million being spent in general i see no change from last season.

This team for me lack the will or the fight.

RDM needs to instil this or get out.

I see technical ability, I see pretty football........ I see no grit determination or passion to win the game.

I think we are all deluding ourselves

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Despite 50 million being spent in general i see no change from last season.

This team for me lack the will or the fight.

RDM needs to instil this or get out.

I see technical ability, I see pretty football........ I see no grit determination or passion to win the game.

I think we are all deluding ourselves

I agree. I still see a lot of our old problems rearing their head, such as being out battled, not killing off games etc.

Its not helped by having a powder puff midfield. We need Jed/Tish back in there as soon as.

Edited by CastleBromVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TB said:

I believe we had our 3rd and 4th option CMs out on the pitch today, the new 1st and 2nd choice regrettably out due to injury. Unfortunate, but bound to happen once in a while. How many Championship clubs (or PL clubs, for that matter) can afford to have 4 CMs of interchangeable quality? 

Whilst i agree wih the point, I'm pessimistic that we will only be without them once in while. Tshibola missed an awful lot of football last season and has already missed a few weeks this year. Jedinak according some posters on here (I've not seen enough of him recently to form my own opinion) is not the player he used to be. 

Its probably just post 'crap result' pessimism, but i think we will see Westwood and Gardener much more than any of us would like. 

13 hours ago, Pilchard said:

I can only think of one genuine chance not taken today - and that was McCormack's miss.

Surely our problem is the pathetic goals we continue to concede.

2 goals was ample enough to secure a win at home.....you're view is right.

That second goal of theirs as well executed it was from their point of view.....we had a number of our players standing back and only short of applauding.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

2 goals was ample enough to secure a win at home.....you're view is right.

That second goal of theirs as well executed it was from their point of view.....we had a number of our players standing back and only short of applauding.

There have been so many silly bookings for dissent , throwing ball away etc - the 2nd forest goal was the time for a legitimate booking and someone should have took one for the team and brought him down rather than allowing him to in through unchallenged. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

There have been so many silly bookings for dissent , throwing ball away etc - the 2nd forest goal was the time for a legitimate booking and someone should have took one for the team and brought him down rather than allowing him to in through unchallenged. 

That's a very valid point, at 2-1 and 3 minutes to go someone should have been cute enough to nip that attack in the bud outside the box.

13 hours ago, thunderball said:

He's the boss, and he's only saying what we are all thinking. Actually it isn't good enough, we have thrown away leads in our last 5 games. Everyone needs to sit up and taken notice, and take responsibility, it's serious business.

tony has a lot of credit with me, he is refreshing.

I actually think Dr Tony is doing the ass kicking, as it needs to be done - but he has employed a manager who doesn't kick ass .......tick, tick, tick, 

More concerning is the psychological effect from last season, affecting even the new players. 

As soon as we went 2:1 up (baring in mind we dominated forest up to this point), we immediately retreated to the 18 yard line. Chester and Elphick both resorted to hoofing the ball straight to their CB's allowing the inevitable (with Villa) to happen. 

Â