Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

he said LESS than 5 years.   so 3 or 4 years :P

:).........Behave.

ps he does need to move quick though, some like me are getting on in years.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I am finding the transformation of fan's opinions towards Tony quite interesting.

When he first arrived on the scene, many fans were sceptical. Is he rich enough? Is he serious? Would he just be a Chinese government puppet? Would he just be another Lerner, or worse? These were the sort of questions being bandied around due to the lack of knowledge about Tony.

Then along came the wonderful Deisler 123, with his interesting and informative posts about how football and business are conducted in China. His excellent posts allayed a lot of fan's doubts, but there still remained some scepticism while Tony was in his early days in owning the club.

Maybe, after the past 5 years of Lerner making bad decision after bad decision, some fans had become institutionalised into having their club being badly run, and were waiting on action to back up the bold words Tony had made, and therefore reluctant to jump on the optimism bandwagon. Honestly, I cant fault them for that, after all the crap that Lerner had put them through, and what he had done to their club.

Two months after purchase, and Tony is proving to be very popular. His openness, and his ability to back his words up with action have made him very popular. Initially, Tony on Twitter was met with some scepticism, now people are hanging off it. This all, of course, is great to see.

So whats next? Onward and upward? Has he set a new standard, where fans become institutionalised to expect this from him all the time? Time will tell. But so far, he has achieved a lot in the past 2 months, and has had a big hand in stopping the rot. He has followed through with everything he has said so far.

Still no theme park though.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AJ said:

I am finding the transformation of fan's opinions towards Tony quite interesting.

When he first arrived on the scene, many fans were sceptical. Is he rich enough? Is he serious? Would he just be a Chinese government puppet? Would he just be another Lerner, or worse? These were the sort of questions being bandied around due to the lack of knowledge about Tony.

Then along came the wonderful Deisler 123, with his interesting and informative posts about how football and business are conducted in China. His excellent posts allayed a lot of fan's doubts, but there still remained some scepticism while Tony was in his early days in owning the club.

Maybe, after the past 5 years of Lerner making bad decision after bad decision, some fans had become institutionalised into having their club being badly run, and were waiting on action to back up the bold words Tony had made, and therefore reluctant to jump on the optimism bandwagon. Honestly, I cant fault them for that, after all the crap that Lerner had put them through, and what he had done to their club.

Two months after purchase, and Tony is proving to be very popular. His openness, and his ability to back his words up with action have made him very popular. Initially, Tony on Twitter was met with some scepticism, now people are hanging off it. This all, of course, is great to see.

So whats next? Onward and upward? Has he set a new standard, where fans become institutionalised to expect this from him all the time? Time will tell. But so far, he has achieved a lot in the past 2 months, and has had a big hand in stopping the rot. He has followed through with everything he has said so far.

Still no theme park though.

Lets just take it a day at a time....my heart won't take anymore of this nourishment.

so far each day has been a good day

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think whenever we're not doing business he will be open about it and say we're not. 

The difference under Lerner is things were so quiet that we would be linked with players and not know if we were signing anyone that window. That January under Garde for instance was painful because we needed players, the media knew this and linked us with everyone.

Under Xia I think if we're after no one in January he will come out and say it. He will be like "Good business in Summer, the squad is good enough" or something like that and the fans will move on. Like Red in Shawshank Redemption said "Hope is a dangerous thing" and that was us under Lerner most transfer windows sitting in hope all the while resenting the club more and more for doing nothing. Xia seems to understand exactly how important communication is in either breeding excitement or squashing it before hope sets in.  

• Like 3

Â