Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

What I am most interested in is how they are buying the club. Is with a loan secured on the club itself, secured on something else, or straight cash like Lerner? I don't believe I've seen anything about this yet.

Would this need to be confirmed on the RAL Holdings (or whatever it's called now) companies house thingy page?

(You'll note I'm not an expert)

• Like 1

Very concerning if Samuelson is indeed involved. What we know so far does have a few similarities to the Reading takeover:

When Anton Zingarevich arrived at Reading, it seemed the perfect fit.

Here was a wealthy, young, ambitious man who was offering to take the club to the next level just as chairman Sir John Madejski was looking to find a ‘sugar daddy’.

And he had links to the area as well. He wasn’t just another foreign owner arriving in England with no direct connection to the club he was buying.

In fact when the Russian came in there were stories told of the times when he used to watch Royals from the terraces of Elm Park while he was studying at Bearwood College

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/zingarevich-dream-ticket-who-turned-7207377

Edited by switters

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Some of the posts in here are ridiculous. Reading into things far too much. Chill the F out for gods sake

Are you suggesting this site isn't home to the world leading financial investigators? 

• Like 2

I too think Xia is just the front man. He's probably the only decent Chinese businessman who's a Villa fan. He probably had a word with Hollis in his shell like and said 'Xi Jinping is very supportive of this project WINK ' and Hollis was like, that concludes our business sir.

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I've said it already and I'll say it again that there is no reason for Samuelson to be involved if everything is above board.

No still didn't get it, could you say it again please?

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, but I am suggesting that the financial times is a serious newspaper and that when they question the propriety of some bloke nobody on here had ever heard of 72 hours ago it's worth listening to what they have to say. 

Has the FT actually anything that contradicts a statement from Dr T or have they contradicted something said by Villa? The statement says they are buying another four companies and that would make five. This could have been misunderstood by Villa's media team and they would be at fault, not Dr T and doesn't make him nefarious.

IIRC Villa's media team don't have a great record in getting all their facts right before posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meme said:

I'd say its 80-20 towards passing. Might be a few questions regarding his unknown background and rumours of the government taking control behind the scenes.

has anyone ever failed the fit and proper person test?

i think everyone passes!

Â