Premier League Predictions 15/16 - Final Results

Chewie

Well lads, the awful Villa season has finally ended, and so has our prediction league.

nGrdACY.png

I'll happily take the top spot for the final gameweek, with only StanBalaban getting double figures alongside myself. GW38 saw an absolute stinker from Villaphan04 despite his winning bet for Both teams to score.

e9jiXHw.png

And with that stinker, Villaphan04 throws everything away in the last week. andykeenan reigns supreme as the 2015/2016 prediction champion (someone ask @limpid if he can get a special flair :)) with the ever present Daniel coming in 3rd. A mention goes to the BOF'ster for 4th place considering at the start of the season he was enjoying the top spots.

A big thanks to everyone else for playing, i appreciate that the pastebin solution was a bit of a pain in the ass but overall everyone did a decent job in adhering to the rules.

I'll be sticking up a Euro2016 prediction league in the 1st week of June, so keep your eye out in this forum. You'll all be happy to know that we'll switch to Google Sheets for this, so it'll be much much easier to just bang your predictions in there.

So yeah, that's that, it's been fun lads, cheers.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Thanks for organising Chewie!

I've had a shocker this season, hopefully I'll come back stronger next season when I'm not blinded by Villa bias.

No worries mate, it was fun. You don't have to wait until next season to avenge your shitty score, just win the Euro2016 Predictions when i stick 'em up ;)

• Like 1

Yep, a big thanks for organising it Chewie.  You've the patience of a saint.  I know how time consuming it can be, so fair play.  I declare myself the "Points from Correct Results" champion :);)  And congratulations to Andy on winning the main event :D

• Like 2

yes congrats to andy and cheers to Chewie, doing this can be an utter ballache. 

Myself and chappie have had a mare again, worst averages from 36 weeks. Really glad I've cut down on the match betting this season. Must have saved myself a few bob not bothering!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep, a big thanks for organising it Chewie.  You've the patience of a saint.  I know how time consuming it can be, so fair play.  I declare myself the "Points from Correct Results" champion :);)  And congratulations to Andy on winning the main event :D

43 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yes congrats to andy and cheers to Chewie, doing this can be an utter ballache. 

Myself and chappie have had a mare again, worst averages from 36 weeks. Really glad I've cut down on the match betting this season. Must have saved myself a few bob not bothering!

Yeah, it was a pain at times, but once everyone got Pastebin'ing like pros then it was fairly easy. The switch to Google sheets will make it even easier, but runs the risk of people **** with other's scores, but whatever.

BOF: I actually meant to mention about that and totally forgot, my bad :)

Congrats to Andy. Shame i only missed out by a point or two in the end. Never thought i'd be anywhere near the top.

Thanks for running the league this year Chewie, you da real MVP

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Had a felling I'd won this by a point very very close. Thanks for congrats guys

Well done Daniel who came in with a late run and Villaphan04 pushing me to win this

Back to defend this title I hope for the league.

Well done Chewie for the work

Roll on the Euros

• Like 4

I haven't played this, but can I make a suggestion for next year's game if there is one?

On the Football Ramble this week they mentioned that on their forums, they'd been doing a prediction game like this, but they did Football Ramble Forum vs Lawro, so they included Lawro's weekly predictions in their game.

Despite 27 forum members playing, lawro beat every single one of them. By miles.

Would be interesting to include his predictions in your game and see how you compare :)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't played this, but can I make a suggestion for next year's game if there is one?

On the Football Ramble this week they mentioned that on their forums, they'd been doing a prediction game like this, but they did Football Ramble Forum vs Lawro, so they included Lawro's weekly predictions in their game.

Despite 27 forum members playing, lawro beat every single one of them. By miles.

Would be interesting to include his predictions in your game and see how you compare :)

Villa89 actually submitted Lawros scores for the first couple of game weeks but then dropped out. It does make for an interesting comparison. I also thought of looking at taking an modal average of the scores to see how as a group we stack up too.

I think it would be interesting.

I've not got much interest in playing the game myself (no offence, I just know I wouldn't be very good!) but if I remember I'd be happy to sign up and be Lawro's surrogate.

I'll confidently predict Lawro would batter us.  He's actually quite good at the old prediction malarkey, despite perceptions to the contrary.

Â