England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I can't be the only one that thinks we've been pretty decent for the first two matches? :ph34r:

You're not.  Pretty decent is a fair assessment.  Getting the job done.  Get out of the group and then see how the cards fall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I can't be the only one that thinks we've been pretty decent for the first two matches? :ph34r:

We have.

If it wasn't for two shaky moments at the back we'd be looking on two comfortable victories.

That's a concern of course. but overall we've been good.

We were miles better than Wales today. Second half they barely got out of their half. Problem was after 65 minutes Wales went for the draw and had everyone back and we struggled to break that down.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

You're not.  Pretty decent is a fair assessment.  Getting the job done.  Get out of the group and then see how the cards fall.

I've just seen/read a lot of OTT negativity that I don't think has been particularly justified.

Easy to say after 4 points in 2 games but I certainly don't think we've been too shabby.

Confidence must be building too...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

I've just seen/read a lot of OTT negativity that I don't think has been particularly justified.

English fans just love shitting on the national team.

I completely agree, it's not justified, but it's rife.

• Like 1

First decent attack we face will probably be carnage, but it's been nice to watch some decent play from England for the first Tournament in far too long.  So whatever, I'm just enjoying it whilst it lasts.  

Roy has done well, it was probably right to start with the team he did to manage those players who needed another chance today.  They didn't take it and he made (what transpired to be) the right changes to get a positive result.

1 minute ago, CardiffGreens said:

Roy has done well, it was probably right to start with the team he did to manage those players who needed another chance today.  They didn't take it and he made (what transpired to be) the right changes to get a positive result.

Completely as I see it.

I'm actually fine with pretty much everything Roy has done this tournament.

You obviously have to take the level of opposition into consideration but I think England have been excellent in both games. Hopefully if we can get a win on Monday that should be a real springboard going into the knock out stages. I really don't think there are any stand out sides in this and with a little rub of the green we could go a long way.

• Like 2

Big problem though will be England just can't keep clean sheets.

Look at these two games, barely given the opposition chances and still kept conceded twice.

Joe Hart needs to stop shouting in the tunnel and remember his job is actually to dive properly and save the ball. As to this centre half combination...

• Like 1

But better teams will give us more space to run into, players like Vardy will be an incredible asset then.

Both teams we have played so far have been so negative. It's been hard to break them down.  Better teams won't play like that imo.