Awol

Should Mods censor?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mods censor?

• Yes, anything that they personally dislike
    • Yes, but only when on dodgy legal ground
    • No, it's a free country and I'll say what I like within the law
    • Dont know, I am the only person on the internet without an opinion
    • Posts that break the site guidelines :)

we're all big boys after all..

from the rumours I've heard , that's just not true about you :-)

seriously , i agree with what your saying , but some people post a reply without counting to 10 ... and as Rev says , it can be quite painful to read unmoderated arguements going on that usually over shadow some very good and valid points of view in a topic ....

Where the hell did people get the idea that internet is a democracy? Bloody strange if you ask me

If you don't like the site guidelines don't bother coming here

If you're prepared to adhere to them all well and good

If people want to see how freedom of speech comes across on a message board, well theres another Villa site out there just for you, its quite well known, run by a nice bloke and totally unreadable in the main

The modding on any site should be to set guidelines. I know how hard Simon, JC and the others have worked on VT's guidelines because I had a (very small) hand in getting them to sound ok in the days I was part of the mod team. If you have a good set of rules then it makes moderating that bit easier, because people know where they stand. It's still a bitch of a job, but at least you have somewhere to point people.

The problem this site often has, is that sooooo many people ignore the guidelines and just post the same inane shite that got an identical thread closed just hours before, then get stroppy when the mods are being "over harsh", "draconian" or simply "rocket polishers".

If people stick to the rules, nobody gets modded. It's like getting pissy at the police because they took away your collection of "special" plants.

This is the only forum i read most days, and the only one i have ever posted. It is a great read, funny at times, very lively most times. The only reason it is worth reading is because the moderators do keep a close check on it and do thir best to stop it degenerating into an incomprehendable mess like so many other sites.

Good on you guys!

Â