Pre-Match Thread

Richard

Black was talking like a 0-0 draw would be a great result so I'm not expecting much other than a defensive display followed by an inevitable defeat.  My only real interest is (1) watching how youngsters get on IF selected, (2) seeing/hearing our supporters in fancy dress party mode and (3) drawing a curtain on this season.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Strange how the last game of last season should be against the same mob this season .We never turned up for the last one and i can't see this one being any different .Would be nice to actually score a goal against them but seeing as the idiot in charge will go looking for a 0-0 i think we will be lucky to see a shot let alone a goal    5-0 :angry:

I have a particular dislike of Arsenal and have for a long time. I think it's partly the sense of entitlement of the fans for what they deserve. I'm no Wenger fan, but the fans moaning about their hardship is ridiculous, I can't wait til they sack him and then slide down the table to finish 9th every season and wonder why. 

Anyway, I'd love to sign off this dog poo season with a win, but I can't see it happening. An embarrassing 4-0 I think, or similar. 

Think we'll be lucky to get even a corner tomorrow! 10 players behind the ball for most of the game, with the inevitable first goal conceded just before half time.  A 4-0 defeat, Black pleased with a spirited display and stating that the away support were with the players throughout and magnificent.   Embarrassing! 

I think at least its going to be some fun in the away end.  We have to make our own enjoyment as the villa haven't for years. I expect a lot of we will meet again etc to a bored and bemused Arsenal crowd. 3-0 to them. But who has won the European Cup, European Cup, European Cup?

• Like 1

Any news on the bench?

I'd have to say, I think we've got better options that Bacuna and Sinclair. Nice to see Lyden and Toner get starts - i think they'll get torn to pieces, but it's great experience for those two.