Pre-Match Thread

Richard

So we sign off our Premier League stay this weekend with our final game in the top tier until some point in the future that we do not yet know and will not be clearer until the dust has settled on some pretty minor stuff : Ownership,  Manager, Players.  So not much there then.

How fitting that our final game in the top flight should be a repeat of the fixture which secured our title winning season,  ironic really.

I'm going for a pretty routine 4-0 to Arsenal who need to win to try and out place their rivals for runners up and a team selection by Eric Black which demonstrates nothing of imagination or innovation. We have wanted the season to end for so long we finally get our wish.

Bye premier league we'll meet again,  don't know where ,  don't know when.

• Like 1

Arsenal are going to be playing like zero of their starters. Apparently Rosicky, Arteta, and a few others will be starting. I expect to see a completely different Arsenal line-up than last week. 

Edited by Czechlad

This was our first fixture under Randy. Mellberg 1-1. I remember being in the Drayton pub opposite the Emirates singing we've got our Villa back and we're gonna sign (Thierry) Henry. We really believed we were set for bright things. Oh how wrong we were. 

5-0 to Arsenal.

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Arsenal are going to be playing like zero of their starters. Apparently Rosicky, Arteta, and a few others will be starting. I expect to see a completely different Arsenal line-up than last week. 

pretty stupid risk to take since need a point to finish top 3 regardless if they playing Villa

Black to say f*** it and go all out to win. Team full of exciting youngsters, giving them the chance to avenge their youth semi final defeat. Adama and Jack to assist the three goals that Ayew, RHM and Gil score and Gabby comes on at 80 mins and gets injured, badly, very badly. 

Oops, sorry I've been commenting in my sleep again! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Black to say f*** it and go all out to win. Team full of exciting youngsters, giving them the chance to avenge their youth semi final defeat. Adama and Jack to assist the three goals that Ayew,

Would love that.  We're going to lose, so have a go and give some of the youngsters a run..  No pressure on them, just go and show what you can do.   Aint gonna happen is it.

On 10/05/2016 at 23:36, One For The Road said:

This was our first fixture under Randy. Mellberg 1-1. I remember being in the Drayton pub opposite the Emirates singing we've got our Villa back and we're gonna sign (Thierry) Henry. We really believed we were set for bright things. Oh how wrong we were. 

5-0 to Arsenal.

how ironic